Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Dad I Termed
laundrymom 04:12 PM 01-30-2011
The dad I termed sent me an ugly text.

I am beyond myself with what you have done to my son. I didn't enroll him for you to terminate him at your will for bull**** reasons just to make room fornew kids. I will never recommend your business to anybody and I will let everyone know what you have done to my son who is only comfortable in one place and you're taking that from him. He will not be back.* Do not reply to this.*

So I have copied and printed it and put it in their file.

But by his own admission in this text his problem with me is that his son loved me so much and felt so comfortable with me I've hurt him. Right???? Oh and,.... Guess who is keeping the two week deposit!? Yeah,.. This girl!!!!
I am prepared for a state visit none the less.

Now do I reply to his text with

You been misinformed. I am REDUCING the number of families enrolled. If I wanted to "make room for more kids" I would have terminated during the TWO year period your account balance was several weeks to a month behind. I would of then filled the spot with someone who paid on time. But because I DO care about your son I worked with Jenn. Accepting payments late, not charging fees & working weeks unpaid. Yes I will miss Ayden. But I have decided to put my personal needs ahead of my professional ones and reduce my workload.*I'm following termination procedures as outlined in our contract.
cillybean83 04:23 PM 01-30-2011
i wouldn't give him the satisfaction of a response, he's a broke loser...i mean lets call it as it is, he couldn't afford daycare, he got the ax, and he is having a pity party...well i say too effin bad my friend and good luck finding someone else who will put up with HIS BS
e.j. 05:19 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I am beyond myself with what you have done to my son. I didn't enroll him for you to terminate him at your will for bull**** reasons just to make room fornew kids. I will never recommend your business to anybody and I will let everyone know what you have done to my son who is only comfortable in one place and you're taking that from him. He will not be back.* Do not reply to this.*
I think you were smart to print off a copy of his message and put it in his file but if it were me, I would do as he has requested and not reply. I know it might feel better to defend the termination but he seems to be highly emotional and is not in "listening mode" right now. A reply from you will probably just inflame the situation, prompting him to try to get the last word in. I'd just let it be for now and hope he goes away quietly.
laundrymom 05:36 PM 01-30-2011
Thanks guys, so a group vote says ignore. ??? Does anyone think I should respond? I got it sat around noon but just have been thinking of responding. I didn't do it tho. He has no idea that she was behind. She lied to him. Always has.
kendallina 05:42 PM 01-30-2011
I would respond. If he's going to be sending nasty texts, he doesn't get to decide when the conversation ends. I would keep it short and professional, but I would mention that payments were often late.
SilverSabre25 05:46 PM 01-30-2011
I probably wouldn't respond; but I tend to be very non-confrontational and terrified of nasty repercussions. That's a stupid and miserable thing to have to deal with though.
DCMomOf3 05:49 PM 01-30-2011
I would not reply, but if you have your heart set on filling him in, I'd send him a letter stating that you are in-fact downsizing. Tell him that the reason his family was chosen to term was mostly about the late payments. He should be mad at DCM not you.
WImom 06:10 PM 01-30-2011
I like your response and I'd respond. I wouldn't respond after this one though.
ninosqueridos 06:16 PM 01-30-2011
NO REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just went through something similar...did not reply.....and dcm only got herself more crazy sending more and more threatening emails Needless to say, termed immediately.
Lucy 06:25 PM 01-30-2011
Don't do it. You know that even though he told you not to respond, he's checking his cell phone a couple times a day because he thinks he has baited you enough that you WILL respond. Down deep he WANTS you to engage in debate with him. I repeat -- don't do it!! You'll get yourself in deeper and deeper with this lunatic. His rages are HIS, not yours. Let him sit there and wonder why you never responded. It'll do him good.
lvt77 06:30 PM 01-30-2011
ditto no reply!! if he contacts you again, then tell him..
sorry you have to deal with such a horrible person.l What he said was down right mean.... Boo on him.
marniewon 06:46 PM 01-30-2011
You know, I was going to say to respond to him too - at least I would be sorely tempted to set him right about why you chose their family. But....a lot of people who said 'no' had very valid points. If dcm has lied to dcd in the past, who's to say he won't confront her, and she'll lie again, and make you look worse in his eyes? Like dcd: dcp said we always paid late, that's why she termed us. dcm: that's ridiculous, she's just making things up so she can get rid of us. Then dcd just gets more mad.

I'd say leave it. Let dcd stew waiting for a response that never comes.
Little People 05:03 AM 01-31-2011
I say do not respond. And I agree, he is just waiting for you to respond. Here are big hugs! And here are even bigger hugs!
countrymom 05:53 AM 01-31-2011
I agree with others, don't respond.
Lilbutterflie 06:06 AM 01-31-2011
Another vote for don't respond. I know it's tempting to try to defend yourself; but it's not worth it. HE'S not worth it.
missnikki 06:36 AM 01-31-2011
This guy is embarassed and trying to make his problem turn into your problem. What a baffoon- be glad he's on his way, and if another provider calls for a reference, let them know that the family is divided and petty about things.
laundrymom 09:42 AM 01-31-2011
I've decided to not respond.
Blackcat31 09:49 AM 01-31-2011
Good for you laundrymom! ...sometimes taking the higher road is tough but well worth it in the end. Besides any "friends" he bad mouths you to are not people you would want in care anyways so who cares what he says or to whom.....
WImom 09:54 AM 01-31-2011
You know I said respond because I thought he should know your reasons. BUT I now after reading the tread again I'm glad to see you didn't respond I would have changed my answer to not respond either.

Hope you don't get anymore texts from him.
lil angels 09:57 AM 01-31-2011
I don't think I would respond either. Let him fester but I think I would send a short and sweet not stating the downsizing and late payments.
Stacy214 10:07 AM 01-31-2011
I think it just makes you look like the bigger person and he didn't get a rise out of you, good for you for not responding however your response was good lol....what comes around and goes around and you took the professional route
Stacy214 10:08 AM 01-31-2011
Well okay he did get a rise out of you but you didn't let him see it just reading that text I think everybody did lol
Tags:terminate
Reply Up