Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have Interviews! Now We Need Equipment!! :eek:
clintonjohnson13 07:02 AM 05-06-2016
So my wife finally has 3 appointments set up this weekend for new DCK. Thank goodness!
Since we moved to Indiana my wife had gotten rid of all her daycare equipment thinking she would never need it again, (she took an admin asst job that she thought was her dream job. Not so)
So we have lots of baby stuff since we have a 6 month old.

Any ideas where we could get things. I was thinking goodwill and yard sales.

Also if anybody out there is around the Indianapolis area and wants to sell some of there things no longer in use that would work to!

Again, any advice is so appreciated!!
SnowGirl 07:52 AM 05-06-2016
Yard sales are always very lucrative for me!
yodaone 08:14 AM 05-06-2016
Yard sales, good will, salvation army, Facebook swap groups
lovemydaycare0912 09:08 AM 05-06-2016
Not sure if you have a omce upon a child out there or a walmart. That's where I got majority of my stuff. Search craigslist also for daycares closing sales.
Laurel 09:51 AM 05-07-2016
I agree with yard sales. They are just teeming with baby and toddler items every single Saturday here.

Funny story. I am retired now but when I first started, licensing came out to approve me and said I didn't have enough toys/equipment, etc. I had some but told them I was waiting to buy it until I knew what ages I would have. They said that wasn't good enough. So I went to Walmart and bought a bunch of things, mostly toys for toddlers, but took them carefully out of boxes and kept all receipts. So licensing approved. Well my first 3 clients were all small infants so most of that stuff I didn't need yet so I took it all back and the clerk said "What, did you buy ahead for Christmas or something?" I just told her my situation. I said that I wanted to return it all and get what I really needed which would be a diaper pail and infant equipment. So you might want to do the old 'bait and switch' if you don't know what ages to buy for.
Thriftylady 04:40 PM 05-07-2016
I highly having some stuff before your interviews. Parents want to see the environment their kids will be in. It is hard for them to process that if it is void of things for the kiddos. I do understand not wanting to spend a lot until you know what you really need. Can you borrow from friends or family for just a short time?
Mike 06:07 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Can you borrow from friends or family for just a short time?
That's a good idea to fill in the missing pieces.
JackandJill 06:08 PM 05-07-2016
I get a lot of my stuff from Facebook yard sale groups and moms groups. You should check if you area has some, saves you the time of driving around. Good luck!!
clintonjohnson13 09:53 AM 05-08-2016
Thanks for all the info!
We did some walmart shopping. We have lots of baby stuff and some stuff for small kids now. Hopefully we can make it to yard sales next weekend.
Weather has been crappy. Rain Rain Rain.

Thanks everybody!!!
MotherNature 07:16 AM 05-09-2016
Hey there. Did you join the Hamilton Cty. fb groups? Lots of stuff on there. If you're looking for more natural stuff, like wooden toys, Waldorf stuff, there's an Indy natural moms BSTpage on fb.
thrivingchildcarecom 10:20 AM 05-10-2016
I know I am late with this reply and hopefully you have got some good stuff. But check out craigslist. I found this lady in my community that was selling stuff she had leftover from a set of obviously overindulged twins. Anyway, she had tons of stuff. Can you say JACKPOT! Also check out the new phone apps where people sell stuff like Close5, OfferUp, etc. And on Facebook groups as well. Happy hunting!
clintonjohnson13 08:31 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
Hey there. Did you join the Hamilton Cty. fb groups? Lots of stuff on there. If you're looking for more natural stuff, like wooden toys, Waldorf stuff, there's an Indy natural moms BSTpage on fb.
We did and are keeping an eye out for things! Thanks!!
clintonjohnson13 08:34 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by thrivingchildcarecom:
I know I am late with this reply and hopefully you have got some good stuff. But check out craigslist. I found this lady in my community that was selling stuff she had leftover from a set of obviously overindulged twins. Anyway, she had tons of stuff. Can you say JACKPOT! Also check out the new phone apps where people sell stuff like Close5, OfferUp, etc. And on Facebook groups as well. Happy hunting!
Oooh! Thats a good idea! Thanks so much! I never have much luck with craigs list but its worth a shot!

Thank you!
Tags:interview
Reply Up