Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Napping success
mamamanda 09:56 AM 08-13-2015
So I took some advice from yesterday's thread & came with a fun after nap activity. Every morning we do a different type of fun activity like a craft, nature walk, bookmobile visit, music, or a game. Today I switched the activity to after nap time. I explained my expectations for nap yet again, asked the kids what they thought were good nap manners, & explained anyone not complying wouldn't be joining us in our special activity. All dcks laid down quietly & I am currently relaxing while everyone rests. Thanks for the tip! I call this sweet success
Controlled Chaos 11:55 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
So I took some advice from yesterday's thread & came with a fun after nap activity. Every morning we do a different type of fun activity like a craft, nature walk, bookmobile visit, music, or a game. Today I switched the activity to after nap time. I explained my expectations for nap yet again, asked the kids what they thought were good nap manners, & explained anyone not complying wouldn't be joining us in our special activity. All dcks laid down quietly & I am currently relaxing while everyone rests. Thanks for the tip! I call this sweet success

daycarediva 04:14 PM 08-13-2015
YAY!
Indianadaycare 09:09 AM 08-14-2015
That is fantastic! Good for you!

When my own kids were little, I would do something similar. During summer time, they loved going to the neighborhood pool, so I would have a "chore" to do that day outside of normal chores, like weed pulling, sweeping driveway, cleaning a closet, etc. If they worked together well, and got the chore done, we would then leave afterwards for the pool. They learned how to do odd jobs, and felt really good about their accomplishments at the end of the summer. And had a blast swimming most afternoons! Incentive is everything.
Reply Up