Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really Struggling
Unregistered 06:57 AM 01-05-2021
I hate to bother everyone again. I was on here earlier last year after having a negative experience with my center I "swore off" ECE for good. Well, I ended up finding a new job but, unfortunately, I got laid off from it after 2 months due to COVID-19. My director said I could go back but that center was really small and only went up to age 2. It was not the right fit for me.

I also found myself constantly nervous and unable to trust my co-workers because of what happened prior to this. It was also hard for me to be around kids because I couldn't let the past go. I really don't want to feel this way and I don't want to let a bad experience ruin my passion. I want to overcome.

I now work at Chick Fil A. It's not too bad I just miss working with kids. I've only been at CFA for a month. I really wanna leave. I've been talking to a director at a center who says I can be a lead while enrolled to get my CDA. I think being a lead is a lot better than being an assistant. I also know I would be nice to my kids.

I'm just afraid how all the job hopping and short term jobs I have on my resume will look. I would put in a two weeks notice at CFA and tell them I just miss being a teacher. I guess I'm just struggling to decide whether or not I should get back into the field.
Tags:cda, cda portfolio, closing due to covid-19, life choices
Up