Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pandora Stations
Rockgirl 06:04 AM 11-07-2014
Which ones do you listen to in your daycare? Sounds strange, but I'm not a big fan of music geared toward children. We listen to Children's Indie a lot. They play Beatles, Bob Marley, Jack Johnson, and similar. A kids' song is thrown in here & there, but not "kiddie" songs, if that makes sense. If I want to calm things down, I put it on a yoga station. We do listen to Disney if we're outside...it tends to make them want to dance and sing super loud.

We also have times with no music or background noise at all in the playroom, but it's almost always playing in my kitchen--I'm a big music lover.
Cradle2crayons 06:30 AM 11-07-2014
I listen to KLOVE and air 1 on I heart radio
Cradle2crayons 06:38 AM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Which ones do you listen to in your daycare? Sounds strange, but I'm not a big fan of music geared toward children. We listen to Children's Indie a lot. They play Beatles, Bob Marley, Jack Johnson, and similar. A kids' song is thrown in here & there, but not "kiddie" songs, if that makes sense. If I want to calm things down, I put it on a yoga station. We do listen to Disney if we're outside...it tends to make them want to dance and sing super loud.

We also have times with no music or background noise at all in the playroom, but it's almost always playing in my kitchen--I'm a big music lover.
I don't know anything about pandora though... Except I think I've seen it on my sons roku?? If so, are you aware of a Christian channel like KLOVE?
Rockgirl 06:43 AM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I don't know anything about pandora though... Except I think I've seen it on my sons roku?? If so, are you aware of a Christian channel like KLOVE?
Every genre imaginable is available. The Christian ones are broken down into many categories. You'd definitely find one you like on there!
Cradle2crayons 06:48 AM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Every genre imaginable is available. The Christian ones are broken down into many categories. You'd definitely find one you like on there!
Great.... I have two spare roku.. I'm going to try that out today.
KSDC 06:53 AM 11-07-2014
We've been listening to Disney alot. I love that I can "like" and "dislike" certain songs. Then it tailors the songs it gives us to what I like to hear.
Rockgirl 06:56 AM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by KSDC:
We've been listening to Disney alot. I love that I can "like" and "dislike" certain songs. Then it tailors the songs it gives us to what I like to hear.
I like that feature, too. I've considered giving "Let it Go" the ol' thumbs down, lol.
Blackcat31 07:09 AM 11-07-2014
I have Sirius/XM satellite radio and I keep mine tuned into "Octane" (which is pretty heavy rock...) in the kitchen area where only I can hear it...

I turn it down when the kids are eating or at the table.

Other than that, I don't have music playing in the background for the kids at all....they make enough noise on their own...

During rest time if I don't have an audio book playing I will put on a CD of Raffi or Baby Einstein lullabys and sometimes seasonal music (Christmas, Halloween etc...) CD's made by Fisher Price.
Indianadaycare 08:57 AM 11-07-2014
Love Pandora!

For playtime: either Toddler Radio, James Taylor Radio, Baby Einstein or similar.

For feeding and bottle time before naps: we listen to Lullabye Radio, Piano Radio or Relaxation Radio with lights dimmed. It's amazing how they look at me and noticeably become more still and quiet when lights are dimmed and radio station changed. It cracks me up!
Rockgirl 09:07 AM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by Indianadaycare:
Love Pandora!

For playtime: either Toddler Radio, James Taylor Radio, Baby Einstein or similar.

For feeding and bottle time before naps: we listen to Lullabye Radio, Piano Radio or Relaxation Radio with lights dimmed. It's amazing how they look at me and noticeably become more still and quiet when lights are dimmed and radio station changed. It cracks me up!
It really does change the mood! One day, I changed it to yoga, and a four yr old boy put his middle fingers to his thumbs, held his arms out, and said, "OOOHHHMMMMM". Lol!
melilley 10:21 AM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have Sirius/XM satellite radio and I keep mine tuned into "Octane" (which is pretty heavy rock...) in the kitchen area where only I can hear it...

I turn it down when the kids are eating or at the table.

Other than that, I don't have music playing in the background for the kids at all....they make enough noise on their own...

During rest time if I don't have an audio book playing I will put on a CD of Raffi or Baby Einstein lullabys and sometimes seasonal music (Christmas, Halloween etc...) CD's made by Fisher Price.
I love listening to Octane and Lithium! I only have it in my truck so I don't get to listen to it very much.
Rockgirl 10:24 AM 11-07-2014
There's a two yr old girl here who would love those stations. Her dad plays in a local rock band, so she hears it all the time. She loves it--it's pretty cute to see her rocking out!
spinnymarie 10:40 AM 11-07-2014
I love the suggestions, I've just been turning on the Kids Bop channel, which is all pop but with kid-friendly lyrics. The kids love it because most of them hear it on the radio with mom and dad and can sing and dance. But I love the Disney and Yoga ideas!
Blackcat31 10:40 AM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I love listening to Octane and Lithium! I only have it in my truck so I don't get to listen to it very much.

Mine is portable so I use it like an I-pod and can put it in the dock in the truck or on the docking station in the house. I can also use it like an I-pod and use earbuds too!

It looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/XPMP3H1-Portab...+radio+players

BEST purchase I ever made!

DH has the kind that has to stay in one place.
melilley 10:45 AM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Mine is portable so I use it like an I-pod and can put it in the dock in the truck or on the docking station in the house. I can also use it like an I-pod and use earbuds too!

It looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/XPMP3H1-Portab...+radio+players

BEST purchase I ever made!

DH has the kind that has to stay in one place.
Thanks!
I was going to ask how one would go about listening to Sirius radio in the home, but was too embarrassed...lol I'm seriously technologically challenged!
Rockgirl 10:49 AM 11-07-2014
I didn't know they made them like that, either! We have a portable docking station, and I keep my previous iPhone docked on it just for Pandora. We pay the 4-5 dollars per month for the ad-free version--totally worth it!
hsdcmama 11:02 AM 11-07-2014
Nickel Creek Radio/ Taylor Swift Radio/ Jason Aldean Radio
Rockgirl 11:24 AM 11-07-2014
I'm liking the new suggestions. My daughter showed me something I didn't realize, too. You can combine stations to get more variety. I'll have to go look later to remember exactly how, but there's a tab called "add variety" to add to an existing station.
therov 11:44 AM 11-07-2014
My kids have always loved music from the 1950s and 1960s, and most of the lyrics are tame enough. (I've edited "Tequila" out of the mix, after I realized the problem--oops.) And it's music I like and can stand, rather than the overcaffeinated Kidz Bop stuff that makes me want to poke my eye out with a Tinker Toy stick. Moving toward modernity, The Boss is pretty good too.
AuntTami 03:59 PM 11-07-2014
We always listen to Lullabye radio for nap time.

My 15mo DCB goes to sleep within 2 minutes most of the time when I have the radio station on. I close the blinds, and turn on lullabye radio and sit beside the pack n play until he falls asleep, and then I go do my lunch cleaning.

I can see him from my whole house and check on him often.
jenboo 06:15 PM 11-07-2014
Pandora and my internet do not get along. But when they do, I turn on the Beatles station.
I also have most of the rock a bye babies (renditions of popular bands) on my iPod for nap.
If we have dance parties we cycle through happy by pharrell Williams, shake it off by Taylor Swift, afro circus from Madagascar 2 and a couple frozen songs. I could listen to them all day.
Tags:pandora, pandora stations
Reply Up