Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trouble Fitting In...
Unregistered 08:58 AM 12-05-2014
I have a dcg4 who has an awful time fitting in with the other kids, she is mean and rude but she doesn't know how to be anything but. Instead of asking to okay or joining in she wiki hit, kick, throw things to get their attention. It is getting so tiresome. I've tried modeling good play, I've spoke to my school age kids to try and include her more but they really want nothing to do with her... I've spoke to mom but she doesn't see it... I need a solution I keep thinking a heads to when the school agers are here for the summer and it's going to be pure torture if I can't figure out a solution. Does anyone else have a child like this? This specific child really has no social skills and has be tested twice for autism but doctors are sure she doesn't have it. It's such a struggle everyday. Mom is upset everyday hearing how her day went that it's to the point I tell her she's had a pretty good day even when she hasn't. Which i probably shouldn't do..
craftymissbeth 12:22 PM 12-05-2014
The very first thing I would do is separate her from the group. If she's harming others that's a liability and cannot happen. It's not fair to the other children or their parents to be subject to that behavior.

Other than that, hopefully you'll get more answers.
Tags:fitting in, misfit, odd
Reply Up