Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Ohio Before and Aftercare - Business Liability Insurance
Unregistered 07:06 PM 07-10-2018
Hi all -

I am starting a new before and after school care program from my home this fall. I've contacted two insurance companies in an attempt to get business liability insurance, per Tom's suggestions, but am coming up short. My homeowners insurance company (Allstate) said they don't offer anything that will help. They referred me to a broker, who also said that due to the business class and the age of business, he didn't have any options.

Any recommendations? Would an Umbrella policy cover me? I don't want to leave myself unprotected.

Thank you!
Kristin
LysesKids 12:16 PM 07-11-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi all -

I am starting a new before and after school care program from my home this fall. I've contacted two insurance companies in an attempt to get business liability insurance, per Tom's suggestions, but am coming up short. My homeowners insurance company (Allstate) said they don't offer anything that will help. They referred me to a broker, who also said that due to the business class and the age of business, he didn't have any options.

Any recommendations? Would an Umbrella policy cover me? I don't want to leave myself unprotected.

Thank you!
Kristin
I have State Farm for my insurance... they limit childcare liability to 6 kids in every state they cover; must be running legal in your state. I bundled Homeowners, Auto & the childcare liability and I can pay monthly for everything.
Unregistered 01:15 PM 07-12-2018
Thank you! I will check out State Farm, though we literally just switched from them last year (ugh!). Insurance can be so painful!
Tags:liability insurance
Reply Up