Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default PPP - Tom Copeland Please

Tom,

I heard on the news last night that Congress is trying to (retroactively) make the PPP a grant, which will make it taxable. Whats this about? Have you heard this?
Old 08-14-2020, 12:24 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

I heard the same thing—that it’s taxable income. I guess they can forgive the loan but you still have to pay the taxes on it.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:00 PM
Business Author/Trainer

Default Paycheck Protection Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom View Post
Tom,

I heard on the news last night that Congress is trying to (retroactively) make the PPP a grant, which will make it taxable. Whats this about? Have you heard this?
The PPP is a forgivable loan. There is talk about not requiring people who got less than a certain amount not having to show evidence to get forgiveness. There is no effect to make the PPP taxable that I have heard of.

Tags
ppp