Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Those Of You With All Very Little Ones...
AfterSchoolMom 06:41 AM 02-02-2011
What do you do with one year olds and infants at the same time? As in, if the baby needs to be fed, or if you have to go to the bathroom? I haven't had multiples littles around in a very long time, so I feel like I'm starting over from scratch!
cillybean83 06:47 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
What do you do with one year olds and infants at the same time? As in, if the baby needs to be fed, or if you have to go to the bathroom? I haven't had multiples littles around in a very long time, so I feel like I'm starting over from scratch!
I put the 1 year old in the playpen while I make a bottle for the infant, then I sit in the playpen and feed the baby while the 1 year old plays.

If I have to use the bathroom then everyone goes in their playpen, crib, or bassinet...and when I'm done we resume as normal! lol
cillybean83 06:47 AM 02-02-2011
i meant i sit in the play ROOM...not the playpen...wow lol
AfterSchoolMom 06:49 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
i meant i sit in the play ROOM...not the playpen...wow lol
Yeah, I was trying to picture that...lol!
Stacy214 06:51 AM 02-02-2011
lol......Same way here...the playpen is our most valuable tool lol...along with the swing and bouncy....and I just bought a bumbo but the toddlers like it more then the infants.
Little People 07:12 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
I put the 1 year old in the playpen while I make a bottle for the infant, then I sit in the playpen and feed the baby while the 1 year old plays.

If I have to use the bathroom then everyone goes in their playpen, crib, or bassinet...and when I'm done we resume as normal! lol
I could see you sitting in the playpen and your DH walks in, he may think you lost your last noodle!! or better yet a DCP walks in and sees you.
Cat Herder 07:20 AM 02-02-2011
I have my playroom set up so that the each child has their own 36 sq ft. "room". There are walls each 3ft high, so I can see everyone at all times but they cannot get to each other or out of their "safe area" without me. I can easily move from area to area.

Each section has its own age appropriate toys. The common area of the room has large play equipment (climbers/slides), dining area and a floor seating area for group play. My desk is close to the changing table. I have 900 sq ft of devoted space. The room makes it VERY easy.
SandeeAR 07:21 AM 02-02-2011
Kitchen looks into the den, so they are where they are, when I'm in the kitchen. I sit in the chair/sofa, when I give a bottle and they are all around. When I make a bathroom run, the infants are in the bouncy or exersaucer. The toddlers head down the hall right behind me LOL!
Little People 07:26 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I have my playroom set up so that the each child has their own 36 sq ft. "room". There are walls each 3ft high, so I can see everyone at all times but they cannot get to each other or out of their "safe area" without me. I can easily move from area to area.

Each section has its own age appropriate toys. The common area of the room has large play equipment (climbers/slides), dining area and a floor seating area for group play. My desk is close to the changing table. I have 900 sq ft of devoted space. The room makes it VERY easy.
I would love to see pics of this, do you have any you can share?
Cat Herder 07:28 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
I would love to see pics of this, do you have any you can share?
Just send pm with email. Not really wanting it in open forum so I can reserve my right to vent when I need to...
Little People 07:33 AM 02-02-2011
Just send pm with email. Not really wanting it in open forum so I can reserve my right to vent when I need to...
pm on the way!
momma2girls 07:40 AM 02-02-2011
I have a bumbo, jumperoo, swing, bouncer, etc. to place infants in- all of these take a really good am nap and afternoon nap though, so at least I can fit in act. etc. while they are sleeping.
AfterSchoolMom 10:28 AM 02-02-2011
Can I see too? PM'ing now!
MommyMuffin 10:32 AM 02-02-2011

I am building my basement for daycare and I have all different ages, lots of babies. Your set up sounds like something I would really like to do too. Could you send me a picture or pm me. thanks
Tags:juggling children, multitasking, overwhelmed
Reply Up