Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>We Are Just Going For It
Unregistered 03:44 PM 02-26-2014
Dcf and I have been talking a lot about getting married. Well we decided to just go to thw coyrt house and do it. I know I wont need the whole day off but I am want the whole day off so we don't have to rush anything on the day of.

I am going to tell the parents today I will be taking the day off. I am so nervous about doing it. I gave myself vacation days so I am just going to take one of those.

I am nervous they are going to be angry. But even if we didnt have a court house wedding I would still have to take time off to get a marriage license they close at 4 so i would still have to take a half day to do that. So it was taking a day now or in 5 months when we were planning to get married.
KIDZRMYBIZ 07:44 AM 02-27-2014
Congratulations!

It is completely, 100%, unavoidable for home daycare providers to not need a day off once in a while. Some may be able to have a sub cover for them, so daycare is still open, but if that isn't an option there is no other choice. Anything dealing with a government office will have to be done during daycare hours. As long as you give decent notice (I would recommend nothing less than 2 weeks, but I, myself, don't take a non-emergency day if I can't give a month notice), then they can't complain.
llpa 07:56 AM 02-27-2014
Wow! Congrats are in order and I agree if you give a good heads up, hopefully they will be happy for you!!!
Tags:day off, marriage, notice to parents, professionalism
Reply Up