Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-01-2019, 12:19 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Is Anyone STATE REGISTERED?

Just looking to see if anyone else is providing in-home care as a registered, and not licensed, provider through their state?
I have been a registered provider for 5 years. I know that licensed providers have a licensor they can ask questions to, and I was looking to see if registered providers have anything similar to that. There is a guy who seems to be assigned to me and handles my renewals every year, but I wasn’t sure if there was anyone else I go to with questions. Or if there is any sort of support program for providers I could reach out too. I normally come here for help, but I thought I’d see if there was something else people do when they need help/guidance?
Old 07-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

This is your state childcare provider association. I have linked you directly to their mentor page. I hope they can give you the guidance you need. Contact information, bottom right. https://familychildcare.org/resources/what-is-a-mentor/

https://familychildcare.org/resources/providers/
Old 07-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletCupcake View Post
Just looking to see if anyone else is providing in-home care as a registered, and not licensed, provider through their state?
I have been a registered provider for 5 years. I know that licensed providers have a licensor they can ask questions to, and I was looking to see if registered providers have anything similar to that. There is a guy who seems to be assigned to me and handles my renewals every year, but I wasn’t sure if there was anyone else I go to with questions. Or if there is any sort of support program for providers I could reach out too. I normally come here for help, but I thought I’d see if there was something else people do when they need help/guidance?
I noticed you have Tennessee listed as your state. I don't know of any place in Tennessee that offers "registered" child care. The "registered" program ended many years ago.??? I know of legally-unlicensed homes but not registered homes. ????

https://www.tn.gov/humanservices/for...-provider.html

Tags
associations, ccrr, florida, groups, guidance, lawyer, licensed, licensor, registered