Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Boba vs. Ergo
andre 10:33 PM 07-05-2012
Okay mamas....I'm looking to get one more final carrier. I would like one that will be great for long trips, especially back carries. I have a 24ish pound, tall, 11 month old. I borrowed an Ergo for a title bit with my first son, but I never got to really get a good fit. I'm not sure if I didn't have it adjusted correctly or if it was me. So anyways, I'm just looking for pros and cons of each.

Thanks!
cheerfuldom 03:52 PM 07-06-2012
I like the Ergo! I have a regular one, my hubby has a sport version that fits men better.
youretooloud 08:13 AM 07-16-2012
I sold my ergo and bought a Boba. But, I see ergos more than bobas.

I'm tall, and the Boba fits me better than the ergo. Plus, if a MOm was a little heavier (fluffy) the Boba has a longer strap than the ergo. However, I'm kind of thin, so that extra strap tends to annoy me a bit.
SilverSabre25 08:16 AM 07-16-2012
I love love love the Boba. It's easy and I love the footrests for bigger kids (not that I've used them yet, but I love the concept). I keep borrowing my sister's because I can't afford my own.
youretooloud 08:29 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I love love love the Boba. It's easy and I love the footrests for bigger kids (not that I've used them yet, but I love the concept). I keep borrowing my sister's because I can't afford my own.
I found a Boba for $35 on ebay. It wasn't new, but it was in great shape. The owner bought it from some Coop, and didn't like it.
SilverSabre25 09:14 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I found a Boba for $35 on ebay. It wasn't new, but it was in great shape. The owner bought it from some Coop, and didn't like it.
Hmm, hadn't thought of looking on eBay. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip!
MamaBearCanada 10:06 AM 07-27-2012
I have an Ergo & love it. There is an extension belt you can get that my husband uses or that you can use when pregnant. I also like that there is an infant insert for it. I don't have any experience with the Boba though so I can't compare the two.
KEG123 01:27 PM 07-27-2012
I have an ergo and love it too! But that being said, I'm planning on getting a Boba because I found one for I think 70+shipping.
Elevenhounds 06:52 AM 09-08-2012
One more vote for ergo!

This is my 5th child and I've tried a lot of carriers and imo the ergo is the best for comfort.

It is a bit difficult to get on without help but I've worn baby for hours walking around all day with no back pain or discomfort... And I have back and hip "issues"
Tags:baby carriers, boba, ergo, wearing babies
Reply Up