Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>For Those With State Pays
Cradle2crayons 09:38 AM 06-16-2013
Do you use the POS SYSTEMS or the IVR system??

If you use the IVR system do you also use the computer to verify or papers you send in??

I'm asking because they just changed us over to a third party payment system and added a computer system and its a HOT MESS!! And that's not the word I wanted to type.

I have a three sibling set this has really affected and although I'm happy they changed the pay to twice a month and now direct deposit, the whole process is a mess. Again not the word I wanted to type.

It's so frustrating and they have been here every day but once since the fourth if this month and they can't use the IVR system yet so its all paper and its very frustrating.

The DECCD is confused. The third party company is confused. And I've spent almost as much time on the phone trying to fix the problems than I have taking care of kids!!
nanglgrl 08:13 PM 06-16-2013
When our state first switched it was a mess for at least the first year. We use kinder track but if we want we can still bill by paper. Now we are paid direct deposit and every 2 weeks which is wonderful but the first year I was on the phone so much it was ridiculous. I remember with one family of 3 the state was 3 months behind in payment and I was on the phone almost every day for that 3 months. In the end it took 3 social workers in a conference room with their supervisor in a conference call with me and someone from kinder track. It ended up they hadn't typed some small thing in correctly when they set up my clients account. It took me threatening to terminate the family for the state to fix the problem.
Cradle2crayons 08:51 PM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
When our state first switched it was a mess for at least the first year. We use kinder track but if we want we can still bill by paper. Now we are paid direct deposit and every 2 weeks which is wonderful but the first year I was on the phone so much it was ridiculous. I remember with one family of 3 the state was 3 months behind in payment and I was on the phone almost every day for that 3 months. In the end it took 3 social workers in a conference room with their supervisor in a conference call with me and someone from kinder track. It ended up they hadn't typed some small thing in correctly when they set up my clients account. It took me threatening to terminate the family for the state to fix the problem.
Yes every day they have given and supposedly fixed a different problem. Then r next day it was y problem and they had to do y solution..l then the next day it was z problem and whoops d problem wasn't fixed right.

Arggggggggggggg..... I have 4 state pay full times.

Of course my other complaint is their reimbursement rate of $8 a day.

Arggggggggggg again haha.

Please did I read that right it took a year to get all the problems fixed!?!

They use something called epicc
nanglgrl 10:27 PM 06-16-2013
That sounds exactly like what happened to me. Every other day I would hear the words "I think we finally figured out what the problem is" and "everything should be good to go now" only to log on and find that nothing had changed. I probably spent at least 40 hours on the phone with them in that 3 months if not more! It was to the point I was trying to get them to describe to me what they were seeing on their side so maybe I could talk them through how to fix it!
Yes, sadly it did take a year. That family was only 3 months but in our state the client has to verify employment and income every 6 months so as soon as my other families started having to redo things more problems arose. Thankfully everything runs smoothly now but I also stopped accepting any new state pay families, the reimbursement just isn't enough!
Cradle2crayons 07:39 AM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
That sounds exactly like what happened to me. Every other day I would hear the words "I think we finally figured out what the problem is" and "everything should be good to go now" only to log on and find that nothing had changed. I probably spent at least 40 hours on the phone with them in that 3 months if not more! It was to the point I was trying to get them to describe to me what they were seeing on their side so maybe I could talk them through how to fix it!
Yes, sadly it did take a year. That family was only 3 months but in our state the client has to verify employment and income every 6 months so as soon as my other families started having to redo things more problems arose. Thankfully everything runs smoothly now but I also stopped accepting any new state pay families, the reimbursement just isn't enough!
Wowee.... This three kid set got a six month approval but in the computer currently on their certificate it only gives a FOUR month approval. I've never seen that before either. Is crazy stuff.

They reimburse centers decent. And it really encourages parents to WANT centers instead of FCC. Because they can go to a center and then only have to pay ten bucks a week out of pocket. But if they go to a FCC like myself, they have to pay $30 or more depending in the hours. Personally I think since the centers get more food program money etc they should get less reimbursement but that's just me lol.
Unregistered 08:17 AM 06-17-2013
I have yet to be paid for a state claim from 2009. The approval/certificate was there; I was advised every week "a check is coming" and never received it. I have to file something or other to get it back on my taxes for this coming year. I think waiting since 2009 is LONG enough!
Cradle2crayons 02:28 PM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have yet to be paid for a state claim from 2009. The approval/certificate was there; I was advised every week "a check is coming" and never received it. I have to file something or other to get it back on my taxes for this coming year. I think waiting since 2009 is LONG enough!
I agree unregistered..that's insane. Now long were they in yur care??
Unregistered 02:24 PM 06-18-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I agree unregistered..that's insane. Now long were they in yur care??
3 full months before dad was stationed to VA. He got state aide because the ex-wife was a drug addict and he was a Private in the Army so didn't make anything. I felt bad for this guy, but he really was a good dad. The State let me down though.
Tags:deccd, ivr, pos system, verify
Reply Up