Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Monday!
CraftyMom 05:31 AM 11-17-2014
It is 8:30 and I only have 2 out of 6 kids who should be here by now! I guess I'll be sending some texts to find out if they are coming!

How long do you wait? Half hour past their time?
CraftyMom 05:49 AM 11-17-2014
Also, what about when they don't answer the text? This one dcg is an hour past her drop off time. I texted, no response. How far do I need to go? Do I need to call or is the text enough on my part? I shouldn't be chasing people down. But with all the stuff about providers being responsible for kids left in cars...if only they had called...

I will call in a bit, just wondering what everyone else would do (I guess I'm not good at the search on here, I know it's been discussed)

One dcb finally arrived, the other 2 responded, they are sick. Maybe dcg is sick too?
Unregistered 05:57 AM 11-17-2014
I would probably call an hour and half passed normal drop off to find out what's up.
Blackcat31 05:59 AM 11-17-2014
I don't know if you are required to call or not but I don't.

If parents don't show up within 30 minutes of their scheduled time, they are considered a "no show" and marked accordingly.

I would call if it was a normally punctual family or one that usually communicates well but I can't commit or agree to calling most mornings as drop off until nap is the craziest part of the day so there is no guarantee I would remember.
Kabob 06:01 AM 11-17-2014
I require parents to let me know if they aren't coming. If they don't show up, I still get paid but I still ask they let me know if they are going to be more than 15 minutes late for drop off or not showing up at all. Just seems rude not to tell you they are not coming...

If they don't show or call, a text seems just fine. If you call, let them know it is not okay to make you worry like this...it's just rude...
Shell 06:02 AM 11-17-2014
I think one of the problems is that some parents feel they are paying, and can come and go without letting us know. Meanwhile, we are panicking: did they get into an accident, did they sleep in?, did they leave their baby in a hot car, etc. I personally don't send texts or anything unless the parent is substantially late, and usually prompt.
CraftyMom 06:42 AM 11-17-2014
Thanks guys. Mom finally responded. Mom is sick and took the day off, forgot to tell me. She did bring dcg so she could get some rest. She apologized for not telling me sooner
Magic 06:45 AM 11-17-2014
just after 6:30 here
frist family for 6:30 no show no phone
mom been doing that more often this month and it last month for them , husband been laid off for winter mom has a lot on the go
fire going coffee tastes good and I a morning person AND now I do not have to drive kids to the school in the cold
other young mom often does not phone ...she breaks phone lots ...last week it hit the toilet ....lol
so I do not worry any more
I used too and used to get little upset for meals planed events planed ex
now I do not even phone I just go with my day
most do contact me when not showing
I have had many many days of almost no children but paid
again we just go with the slow those days
CraftyMom 06:47 AM 11-17-2014
I agree with all of you. I find it rude not to be informed. I also worry about what "may" have happened on the way here, but me calling or texting won't change that. Like I said I don't feel like I should chase people down.

Mostly I just want to know who will be here and when so I can plan my day.

Ends up being an easy day for me. 2 stayed home, so I have 2 3year olds that are easy (one is my own) and 2 infants, who can be a handful at times but they are already napping. It's so quiet here!
midaycare 07:39 AM 11-17-2014
If the parent is always on time, I text after 20 min. If they are always a few minutes behind, I give them 30. If the texts are answered, I start calling at the 60 minute mark.
Magic 07:52 AM 11-17-2014
Ok I fibbed
some times I get frustrated
next child 15 months old now half hour late
again I know some stuff happening with this family so I being understanding
but
thinking child here at 7:15 am I have been out side in semi dark in frezzing weather doing chores , out door critters ( extra work with forozen waters )
filling wood box , taking out garbage all before 7:15 and in semi darkness
could of did it when total light and not so rushed ...sigh
CraftyMom 08:34 AM 11-17-2014
Originally Posted by Magic:
Ok I fibbed
some times I get frustrated
next child 15 months old now half hour late
again I know some stuff happening with this family so I being understanding
but
thinking child here at 7:15 am I have been out side in semi dark in frezzing weather doing chores , out door critters ( extra work with forozen waters )
filling wood box , taking out garbage all before 7:15 and in semi darkness
could of did it when total light and not so rushed ...sigh
Frustrating!
taylorw1210 08:58 AM 11-17-2014
I usually send a text 30-45 min past their schedule drop off, depending on if it's a regularly punctual family or not.
Reply Up