Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>10 month old Baby that used to sleep!!!!!!!!!
delferka 11:44 AM 11-17-2014
Okay, 2 weeks ago 10 month old baby had a bad cold/flu and didn't make it to DC for 5 days.
He used to sleep like and angel for two 2 hour naps at least. Now he screams whenever I put him in the same bed he's been sleeping in for 8 months!
Parents say they now rock him to sleep or he's in the car or in a bouncy when he goes to sleep now. Apparently he forgot how to get himself to sleep.

I asked the parents if we could get on the same page because I can't rock him but they don't do it on their end. They aren't doing him any favors that's for sure. Today is cry it out day!

What do you guys do?
KDC 11:49 AM 11-17-2014
If the baby was sick enough to keep them home for that many days, they were probably 'babying' him quite a bit. In this instance (even though it sucks), he's old enough to retrain to self soothe. It isn't ideal, but if I put myself in their shoes I can easily see how this could happen. DCK was miserable and they were doing what they could to keep their sanity (unfortunately, they weren't thinking about the daycare providers!)

Keep with it, and stay consistent. Good Luck!
AngelsMommy 11:52 AM 11-17-2014
Originally Posted by delferka:
Okay, 2 weeks ago 10 month old baby had a bad cold/flu and didn't make it to DC for 5 days.
He used to sleep like and angel for two 2 hour naps at least. Now he screams whenever I put him in the same bed he's been sleeping in for 8 months!
Parents say they now rock him to sleep or he's in the car or in a bouncy when he goes to sleep now. Apparently he forgot how to get himself to sleep.

I asked the parents if we could get on the same page because I can't rock him but they don't do it on their end. They aren't doing him any favors that's for sure. Today is cry it out day!

What do you guys do?
same exact thing happened to me, she quit napping and hasn't napped since, that was six month ago, from time to time shell fall asleep in the swing but that's about it
Heidi 12:00 PM 11-17-2014
just keep at it and hang in there!
Reply Up