Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monthly bins v/s just a bunch of toys
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 07:04 AM 10-02-2015
So I'm trying to minimize the amount of toys I have out at a time. It is getting severely out of hand and the pull, dump, stomp and walk away is becoming too much. I thought I recalled someone here using a monthly system of just one big bin and filled with stuff that goes with that month theme. Since it is the start of October I thought I would get it done this weekend while waiting for this hurricane to pass us. i just need ideas on what I can put in the October bin. I have 8 smaller plastic bins that I can use so I thought about doing some pumpkin and apple smelling play-doh. I have all 2-year olds so I'm kind of at a loss.
hope 07:20 AM 10-02-2015
I have small plastic pumpking and soft balls and we play pumpkin bowling.

Grass skirts for hair, some hats, button down shirts (old from DH) to dress up as scarecrows

A witches pot and some plastic spiders, mice, fingers to go shopping at witches grocery store and then make witches brew

I cut out different color leaves from foam and place them around the floor. Play a sort of simon says by calling out different color leaves and how the kids need to get to that leaf. "Wiggle to a red leaf, hop on one foot to an orange leaf"
Josiegirl 09:42 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
I have small plastic pumpking and soft balls and we play pumpkin bowling.

Grass skirts for hair, some hats, button down shirts (old from DH) to dress up as scarecrows

A witches pot and some plastic spiders, mice, fingers to go shopping at witches grocery store and then make witches brew

I cut out different color leaves from foam and place them around the floor. Play a sort of simon says by calling out different color leaves and how the kids need to get to that leaf. "Wiggle to a red leaf, hop on one foot to an orange leaf"
I LOVE those ideas! Have to make a trip to the dollar stores this weekend.
Since they're younger, I'd be apt to include a farm(or something like blocks to make fences, etc.) and plastic farm animals.
Do you have any kind of puppets that could tie in with farm animals, Halloween, etc.?
Reply Up