Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grant Money Again....Issues
daycare 07:00 AM 08-17-2017
soooooo..

I got approved for the grant at $3600

Now here is where the issue is. We are to review or FCCERS and purchase items to fix the areas that we were low in. However, the grant money is only to be spent on infant and toddlers.

I only take kids 18month and up. I have no clue what to buy. I don't really need anything. ugh

I guess I should also ask, up to what age would you consider a child a toddler?

What is you must have toddler item?
laundrymom 07:06 AM 08-17-2017
I would go outside toys. Climbers. Etc. or a mix of dramatic play, manipulative, art supplies. Toddler supplies can be used with a great range of ages. Congrats on the grant!
Blackcat31 07:17 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
soooooo..

I got approved for the grant at $3600

Now here is where the issue is. We are to review or FCCERS and purchase items to fix the areas that we were low in. However, the grant money is only to be spent on infant and toddlers.

I only take kids 18month and up. I have no clue what to buy. I don't really need anything. ugh

I guess I should also ask, up to what age would you consider a child a toddler?

What is you must have toddler item?
In which areas did you score the lowest?
daycare 07:59 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
In which areas did you score the lowest?
In areas that I cant fix. Like the layout of my bathroom. they want the diaper supplies and changing pad only in there.

I scored low on several ares because of the design of my house, but that was my old house.
they said I didn't use enough space for the kids. Even though the whole house was the dc.. also not enough space was provided between nap mats. ect etc

I got dinged in the art area for having glue and shaving cream

Honestly everything I was marked down for isn't stuff that I could buy. It was silly stuff.

another example, I was marked down for letting the kids play in the sand box and then go play in the water tables without first washing their hands...

At the old place I was hit for not having adult size furniture in the DC, but I do have that now.

I was hit with having bird seed art project, guess that is a no no here is CA.

I was marked down for not having a smaller table and chair for the shorter children. we all sit at the ikea tables and I guess the kids have to be able to touch the floor.
e.j. 12:28 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
In areas that I cant fix. Like the layout of my bathroom. they want the diaper supplies and changing pad only in there.

I scored low on several ares because of the design of my house, but that was my old house.
they said I didn't use enough space for the kids. Even though the whole house was the dc.. also not enough space was provided between nap mats. ect etc

I got dinged in the art area for having glue and shaving cream

Honestly everything I was marked down for isn't stuff that I could buy. It was silly stuff.

another example, I was marked down for letting the kids play in the sand box and then go play in the water tables without first washing their hands...

At the old place I was hit for not having adult size furniture in the DC, but I do have that now.

I was hit with having bird seed art project, guess that is a no no here is CA.

I was marked down for not having a smaller table and chair for the shorter children. we all sit at the ikea tables and I guess the kids have to be able to touch the floor.
OMG! Can you use that $3600 to get a new licensor?
happymom 03:18 PM 08-17-2017
I am so sorry you got marked down for such petty stuff.

I can imagine I would be very frustrated if this happened to me. What is wrong with glue and shaving cream?
Controlled Chaos 03:38 PM 08-17-2017
I agree with outside toys or equipment. My go to is things that are disposable like paper, paint, chalk, bubbles, misc art supplies.
daycare 05:14 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by happymom:
I am so sorry you got marked down for such petty stuff.

I can imagine I would be very frustrated if this happened to me. What is wrong with glue and shaving cream?
opps I meant to say hot glue. I had a hot glue gun in a box on the very top shelf. It is for me to use. obviously not the kids. It was even in a box with a lid that latches shut so they cant open it very easily. Oh and I got hit with having glitter too.
flying_babyb 05:37 PM 08-17-2017
well, start with a lower table and chairs. I would go outdoor goodies. Our kids love chalk (I teach 1-2s), balls, books, those soft ramps to climb on. Those are our current hits, also cars, especially the pull back kind.
Reply Up