Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>ABCMouse.com and Tablets
DaycareMom 02:20 PM 02-20-2014
I just got ABCMouse.com a few days ago. I was looking into getting a tablet, but it seems like ABCMouse only works on the IPad. I don't really want to spend that kind of money on a tablet that kids will be using ...

Does it work on any other low-cost tablets? Please let me know. TYIA!
kelsey's kids 03:14 PM 02-20-2014
Doesnt work well in my kindle and it is andriod so prettt sure it wont work well on any andriod
daycarediva 04:01 PM 02-20-2014
No, it doesn't work on android devices yet. They ARE coming out with an android app, but last I checked there was no release date.
MarinaVanessa 06:41 PM 02-20-2014
Android doesn't support Adobe flash anymore so maybe if you get an old enough tablet you can get it to work?? Maybe a used one?? Not sure which kind though. I know the website says that they are working on a tablet friendly version of the program but all it says is "soon". Who knows when that'll be.
Cradle2crayons 05:21 AM 02-21-2014
I would maybe see if you could buy a used iPad?? That could be cheaper than a new android tablet... Even a refurbished iPad from bestbuy maybe?
MyAngels 12:13 PM 02-21-2014
I was able to install a version of adobe flash on my tablet. It's an android, version 4.1.2. Don't ask me how I did it, though - I just googled it I'm sure.

It does work, but I'm not sure how well as I just did it to see if it would, we don't really use abcmouse.com here.
MarinaVanessa 12:18 PM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I was able to install a version of adobe flash on my tablet. It's an android, version 4.1.2. Don't ask me how I did it, though - I just googled it I'm sure.

It does work, but I'm not sure how well as I just did it to see if it would, we don't really use abcmouse.com here.
Okay my DH did this last night but he downloaded Firefox beta and now my DS can use ABCmouse.com on it. He also did something with the settings but I can't say what for sure. all I know is that he Googled it and found what others did. It does sometimes freeze up and you have to refresh but for now it will work.
Unregistered 10:24 AM 03-13-2015
the nextab 8 inch 16gb will run ABCMouse without problems... Walmart
finsup 11:04 AM 03-13-2015
I'm pretty sure mine is some form of android and it runs just fine on here? I don't know though I'm not a technology person at all lol. This tablet cost 99$ so nothing too bad (but nothing I let anyone use without direct supervision either!)
nanglgrl 11:58 AM 03-13-2015
You could try downloading the Puffin Web Browser and opening ABC mouse from there instead of using an app. The My Big World Scholastic magazines we use have online resources that I was unable to access from my iPad because they use flash. So i downloaded Puffin, signed into the website from there and was able to use all of the features.
CraftyMom 04:46 PM 03-13-2015
My kids have a Kurio tablet. They use abc mouse no problem. We downloaded the app from amazon
itlw8 07:12 PM 03-13-2015
I know this is a year old thread but ABC mouse works fine on Android I have it on my kindle and another android tablet It works wonderful if they are connected to WiFi
Reply Up