Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Honest Opinions Needed!
MsLisa 02:03 PM 08-09-2014
Alright, I got a creative roll and created my tear off, but i'm not 100% in love with it.
So give it to me straight ladies, what do I need to change?
{I feel its too wordy for a supermarket board...}

I'll be adding my mini business cards to the tear away bottom btw.
Attached: TEARAWAY.jpg (81.4 KB) 
Josiegirl 02:34 PM 08-09-2014
I like it! Spelling for environment and activities is wrong though. But it looks bright and cheerful, I don't think it's too wordy. And I don't know why but when you mention physical fitness it sounds a bit odd, I'd use physical play or physical exercise. But that's just me.
spinnymarie 03:14 PM 08-09-2014
Personally, I'd get rid of the entire paragraph in the middle and just stick to bullet points
renodeb 03:16 PM 08-09-2014
I love it, it's adorable. Bright, cheery, grabs ones attention. I agree though about the physical fitness part but all in all looks great!
MsLisa 03:28 PM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
Personally, I'd get rid of the entire paragraph in the middle and just stick to bullet points
That's the part I keep staring at!
Could I get away with just the bulletins?
But if I remove it I leave a lot of white space....

Changes done: Fixed spelling And changed physical fitness to physical play.

Here's the JUST bulletin? Yay? Nah?

Thank you ladies! Keep it coming!
I feel like i've gone cross-eyed.
Attached: TEARAWAY2.jpg (63.9 KB) 
Josiegirl 04:17 PM 08-09-2014
I like them both
midaycare 04:53 PM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
That's the part I keep staring at!
Could I get away with just the bulletins?
But if I remove it I leave a lot of white space....

Changes done: Fixed spelling And changed physical fitness to physical play.

Here's the JUST bulletin? Yay? Nah?

Thank you ladies! Keep it coming!
I feel like i've gone cross-eyed.
Winner! I like it a lot. Great job!
laloolee 05:17 PM 08-09-2014
Looks great! On your bullet list, you might want to put your target age group first or last. And in the list maybe capitalize all words for consistency? Be sure to tear off one of your tear-offs to appear that there are already other interested candidates...
Blackcat31 06:00 PM 08-09-2014
I agree. I like the one with just the bullet points.

Easy to read while you are managing a crying toddler and a whiney Kindergartener and 4 bags of groceries.
kendallina 06:01 PM 08-09-2014
I really like it- so bright and cheerful and it looks like you show a fun personality through it. I do agree with the suggestions before, I would also list the ages first and maybe bold that it's before and after school care. But overall, it's great!
spinnymarie 06:10 PM 08-09-2014
I like it as just bullets - if you wanted to add some of your paragraph wording to the bullet points that would add more text, I'd just do one or two though:
-plenty of exercise
-creative play time
(I can't see the images so I'm just going from memory )
MotherNature 05:30 AM 08-10-2014
I like it either way..If you go w/ the longer one, in addition to the spelling errors mentioned, the last sentence should be importantly, not important.
MsLisa 07:27 AM 08-10-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I agree. I like the one with just the bullet points.

Easy to read while you are managing a crying toddler and a whiney Kindergartener and 4 bags of groceries.
EXACTLY!!!
The bulletin one is the winner.
I CAP-ed all the bulletin points so its easy to read & put the ages first, as suggested.

Now I have to figure out how to attach the mini business cards so they are easy to tear away.....(they come tomorrow!)

There is no other provider on that board and its just a mish-mash of business cards & hand written old ads. I'm sure to stand out. The next investment in a hoodie.

Thank you ladies once again on another one of my marketing endeavors!!!!
(I would be so lost without yous)

itlw8 02:48 PM 08-10-2014
I would like to see a more prominent before and after school care a parent walking by will not notice right away this is school age care. plus put your number on it. If all the tear strips are gone they need to be able to contact you
MsLisa 04:29 PM 08-10-2014
Originally Posted by itlw8:
I would like to see a more prominent before and after school care a parent walking by will not notice right away this is school age care. plus put your number on it. If all the tear strips are gone they need to be able to contact you
I'm promoting my B&A care more now since its a better market then just my general daycare. Hopefully if I get enough balls going, my daycare side can pick up when school lets out. BUT yes, enlarge b&a care...CHECK!

I am actually afraid to put my number on it. Mostly for spam/creeper reasons. I don't even have my number on my business cards. I prefer email spam over phone spam. lol. Its a super market we frequent (and live 5 minutes from) so I can easily keep an eye on it.
daycare 04:38 PM 08-10-2014
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
I'm promoting my B&A care more now since its a better market then just my general daycare. Hopefully if I get enough balls going, my daycare side can pick up when school lets out. BUT yes, enlarge b&a care...CHECK!

I am actually afraid to put my number on it. Mostly for spam/creeper reasons. I don't even have my number on my business cards. I prefer email spam over phone spam. lol. Its a super market we frequent (and live 5 minutes from) so I can easily keep an eye on it.
I would not be ok with someone just wanting to give out their email. Perhaps you can get a second phone line just for business purposes so that you don't have to deal with the spam.

I have a contact me section on my website where you can give your phone number and other information for me to contact you, I would say that 90% of people don't use that and they just call me.

It takes more time to email someone and really hard to get a good feel for them over text/email.

over the phone you can hear the tone in their voice and get a better feel plus it is more personal and this business can seem very personable.

I always conduct my first interview over the phone at the time they call me. They don't even realize that I am doing it.

I make sure that I can meet their schedule, they know my rates, explain How I run things, some of my policies and at that point it sounds like we might be a good fit.

After the phone interview if I think we would work well together we then set up a time to meet in person. From there again I have to evaluate them to see if they will still be a good fit or not for my program.

I end every interview with thank you for taking your time to come check us out, we are conducting several interviews this week and we should have a decision made by this Friday or __________________.
spinnymarie 06:42 PM 08-10-2014
Just my $0.02 - I only give out email as well. Once they are enrolled they can have my phone number
For me, emailing is FAR faster and easier than phone calls.
TBH it's probably just a personal preference. And I need parents that can handle emailing/texting because it is very difficult for me to answer phone calls, during dc hours AND outside of dc hours.
MsLisa 06:54 AM 08-11-2014
Just my $0.02 - I only give out email as well. Once they are enrolled they can have my phone number
TBH it's probably just a personal preference. And I need parents that can handle emailing/texting because it is very difficult for me to answer phone calls, during dc hours AND outside of dc hours.
I agree! Email first, phone second, meet third seems to work for me.
I mistakenly put my phone number on my CL ad once and instantly got weird out of state numbers calling constantly. So now i'm real selective on where I put it.
My number IS on my FB business page, shows in Google search, and a few other daycare marketing places; which are all interconnected.
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 08-11-2014

My e-mail address is VERY prominent on all of my advertising.

I would rather someone have my e-mail info before any other info.

I agree with the e-mail being an easy and quick way to contact.
BrooklynM 11:26 AM 08-11-2014
I love your ad- you sound very fun and cheery and like someone I would want my kids to spend with!

I am also in favor of communicating via email. The reason for me is that if someone calls during daycare hours automatically the kids start acting up, I'm trying to do 3 things at once and meanwhile I can't give them my full attention.
AmyKidsCo 05:54 PM 08-11-2014
ITA - pull the main points from the paragraph and add them to the bullet points.
preschoolteacher 07:33 PM 08-11-2014
Cost? School/school district? Transportation could be more prominent. Looks great!
Tags:flyer, flyers
Reply Up