Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kind Of Random...But A Warning For All Providers...
gkids09 06:43 PM 03-01-2011
NEVER EVER EVER accept ANYTHING from a company called Kleritec. (Used to be United Business Supply).

I was just reminded of this on another forum, and got all stirred up again from my HORRIBLE experience with them.

They will call, give you a GREAT deal on supplies, and then send you a box of cheap crap. Seriously, it's all crap...except the construction paper, but that's IT. Then, a few weeks later when they are sure you have already opened and used some of this crap, they'll send you a RIDICULOUS invoice.

My last invoice was $497. I accepted this box because Karl (the guy who always contacts you from the company, if not him, Ilene) told me that my supplies from the last box were on backorder and they were going to ship them, but I would not be charged. Needless to say, I didn't pay the $497.

I threw a FIT. They finally sent me a return label and I returned EVERY piece of crap they sent from the last box. Now...The other mistake I made...I accepted ONE box. They don't stop. They send them over and over and over, and then send you bigger and bigger and bigger invoices.

Look them up... Either Kleritec or United Business Supply. Both have HORRIBLE reviews, and neither had anything when this whole situation I went through started.

They are the worst company I've ever experienced. Local stores may seem expensive...BUT they won't ever be as expensive as Kleritec's supplies!!

Okay, my rant is over...Just wanted to warn everyone!!!
Michael 07:00 PM 03-01-2011
Put a stop on your bank charge card for that merchant. You may have to contact your bank each month but it will prevent them from charging you. Also, see if you can refuse the box if they try to deliver it. The delivery company will have to return the items back if you do not accept it.
gkids09 07:04 PM 03-01-2011
Oh, I didn't give them any of my bank information..I wrote checks because I wasn't smart...ha! I have also changed all of my shipping info to be sent to my home or my PO Box..The daycare is my great grandparents' former house, so if anything is sent there, we know to refuse it because no one has that address anymore but them.
dEHmom 04:39 AM 03-02-2011
even if you accept delivery, once you see who it is from, you just return to sender. If you open the box though, you have to pay postage back.
gkids09 05:53 AM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
even if you accept delivery, once you see who it is from, you just return to sender. If you open the box though, you have to pay postage back.
Apparently not here..I tried that. Once UPS marks that it was received, I have had to pay the postage back. And it's NOT cheap.

This last time I threw a huge fit, and better not receive anything else from them. I haven't been contacted since, and hope I never am again. I just wanted all other providers to be aware of this company.
Unregistered 09:36 AM 01-31-2012
We have had the exact same horrible experience with this company. Ilene calls and talks in circles. Every time they send us an invoice the amount is different. Everyone who has every dealt with this company needs to contact the BBB. We are a non profit center and can not afford the crazy price the charge.
Unregistered 12:00 PM 03-08-2012
We are a school district in WI and we have had the same horrible experience with this company in the past 1.5 years! Unordered boxes keep coming and so do the invoices and phone calls. We have asked repeatedly to stop calling, stop sending boxes and invoices and that we are done with them after paying 3 invoices before we caught on to their scam! We are not use to dealing with unethical companies but this takes the cake! Please stay away as they target schools, healthcare and daycares who are low profit companies! They currently have 52 complaints on the BBB of CA with an F rating!
Unregistered 09:11 AM 12-10-2012
I am going through the same thing with this company. but when I talked to who ever it was that called I told them from the start that I wasn't interested. But a box came any way. one of my workers who was unaware of where it came from opened the box and lets just say its in use. a month or two later we received another box and this outrageous bill. I paid for the first box being that my staff used it. But the other one I refuse to Its been a minute haven"t heard from the company but just this morning i get a call from a lawyers office saying that I am being sued for having products that I haven't paid for and that there is an investigation pending. Stay far far far away from this company. They are getting over big time.
Unregistered 12:10 PM 02-12-2013
This company will wast hours of your life that you will never get back. This company will send product to you repeatedly, years after you actually ordered anything and lie to you over the phone. They will not communicate clearly, accept any returns and are by far among the WORST experiences I have ever had as a business owner. They have wasted countless hours of my time and lack integrity in a way you will not be prepared for. You will wish it was worth your time and money to take them to court, because they should be held accountable.
Mom2TLE 05:45 PM 02-12-2013
Wow, I'm glad I read this these people called within 4 days of hooking up the phone in my daycare. i said I wasn't interested but now I will be on the lookout for any packages being delivered, they sounded kind of off when I talked to them. If I had truely been new to the business I might have taken them up on it but after almost seven years you get weary of things that sound too good to be true.
sammie 08:10 AM 02-13-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am going through the same thing with this company. but when I talked to who ever it was that called I told them from the start that I wasn't interested. But a box came any way. one of my workers who was unaware of where it came from opened the box and lets just say its in use. a month or two later we received another box and this outrageous bill. I paid for the first box being that my staff used it. But the other one I refuse to Its been a minute haven"t heard from the company but just this morning i get a call from a lawyers office saying that I am being sued for having products that I haven't paid for and that there is an investigation pending. Stay far far far away from this company. They are getting over big time.
the "lawyer's office" is probabally just them saying they are lawyers trying to scare you into paying. Legit companies usually use a collections dept or a collections agency not a lawyer....
Unregistered 02:44 PM 03-22-2013
This company called me days after I received my license. They told me that it was a promotion to new providers. Needless to say, when I got an invoice for an outrageous amount I tried to return the products. They told me that I could not return the product and threatened me with consumer fraud. When I ranted and rave that last time and told Gary his product was in the mail. He hung up on me. I have reported this company to the BBB and hopefully you all will do the same. This is as bad as predatory lending
Tags:bad merchant
Reply Up