Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Confused, I think?
Nickel 02:11 PM 09-14-2012
So, I have a dcf that came for an interview. They were really awesome and my daughter got along beautifully with their dd the same age. They were looking for pt care M-W. perfect.

Before they leave I'm joking with dcg about her bday party and eating cake. So they invited me. I thought they were just being ncie, but they really wanted my daughter to come. I wasn't going to go, but decided to just stop by so they could meet my husband quick.

We ended up staying for 3 hours. The next day I get a text message that dcg is sick and probably won't be able to start on monday. Ok... Weird, right, because they never actually said they WOULD start on Monday.

Then Tuesday I get a text that mom went into labor and is having an emergency C-section... Wow. She was looking for temporary care and then probably care after maternity leave maybe for both children

So... should I call her, ask about the baby and ask her if she wants the spot in 2 months? I really loved the fact that they have a set schedule, her dd was my daughters age, and that they got along so well. They also agreed to everything in my policies and didn't question anything I said. I would love to have them, I really would....

In the mean time I have another girl starting but I am not sure what her schedule is because both dcm and dcd work retail, so it's all over the place. And I have another interview next week same type of situation. Honestly, I'd much rather have the above dcf. I don't want to hold the spot if they aren't going to show but I would much rather have that dcf then these two dck. Not that there is anything wrong with the dck I just really really want a girl closer to my daughters age.

So, It's been a few days. do you think I should call dcm and ask her if she actually wants to enroll dcg or both dcks???/ I hate to be intrusive but I really do want to know. I would probably still fill one spot and just leave the other open. And see what happens in 8 weeks. I don't NEED to fill the other spot right now, but I would like to know either way.

WWYD???
daycarediva 03:40 PM 09-14-2012
Call and say congratulations, inquire how everyone is. Comment that you know their dd will be such a darling big sis because she is great with other kids, and then say what you just said. You would love to have them enroll and think that they will be a wonderful fit. If you could let me know by **** so that I can either hold the spot or start interviewing again I would appreciate it. Nice meeting you, etc.
Nickel 05:59 PM 09-14-2012
Thank you for the advice! I did talk to her.. I congratulated her and did what you said and I told her I might also have a spot for her newborn and was she still interested...

She said that she is still interested. She didn't even interview with anyone else because she really likes our family and loves how my home is set up for their children! yay!!! We chatted some more and talked about her labor and delivery and the baby. Then I wished her the best and told her we would talk soon!!! So she has 8 weeks of maternity leave and I honestly don't mind holding the spot! I'd rather have someone my daughter's age than a newborn!

So now I'm going to call back and tell the lady that called about a newborn that I'm sorry, I'm full and would she like to be put on a waiting list. My other questions is, should I still interview with the other lady? And then tell her the same thing at the interview, or when she follows up? How do you handle that?

When she starts I will finally be full!!! Woohoo!!!!
Tags:new family
Reply Up