Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Apologizing for Inconvenience?
CountryRoads 06:32 AM 06-30-2020
Just wondering if you all put this at the end of a letter?

I'm typing up a message to let dcp know I will be closed for a period of time in August for a vacation. I always put "I apologize for the inconvenience" at the end of any closure letter. But then was thinking, why am I apologizing? lol For taking a vacation?

Curious to hear input!
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Just wondering if you all put this at the end of a letter?

I'm typing up a message to let dcp know I will be closed for a period of time in August for a vacation. I always put "I apologize for the inconvenience" at the end of any closure letter. But then was thinking, why am I apologizing? lol For taking a vacation?

Curious to hear input!
NEVER apologize for meeting your own needs.

I would simply say "Please mark these dates on your calendar and hopefully you are able to enjoy the the additional time spent with your child!"

Doesn't mean they are actually going to spend the time with their kid but it makes me feel better... lol!
Cat Herder 08:36 AM 06-30-2020
Don't apologize unless you are going back on your word.

Vacations do not fall under that umbrella.
Ariana 08:41 AM 06-30-2020
I do! To me it is just a courteous thing to say and I really am sorry for the inconvenience my vacation might pose but I’m still taking it
rosieteddy 08:59 AM 06-30-2020
I like Black cats answer.Do you think any of them apologize to their work for taking earned time off?
Snowmom 09:53 AM 06-30-2020
Nope, never.

Unless I made an error, I don't apologize.
DaveA 10:42 AM 06-30-2020
I'm horrible about this. I have to make a concerted effort to not include "sorry for the trouble" on things like taking time off. But at the end of the day I have to follow my own advice- do what is best for you and your family without hesitation. Because DCPs will regardless of how great they are. Take the time off and if DCPs are annoyed- oh well.
Baby Beluga 12:58 PM 06-30-2020
If it is a last minute change - say I have to close with a couple of days notice for an appointment or school event for my children, I will say something like "I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause." Because, to me, last minute changes can cause an inconvenience. And although I am still going through with whatever action is inconvenient, I truly do feel bad if it inconveniences a family.

I do not include it for vacations or closures with ample notice though.
AmyKidsCo 01:17 PM 06-30-2020
The only time I have is when it was a last minute change, like when i cancelled time off due to a conference being cancelled. I knew some parents had already taken the time off and couldn't cancel it, so it was probably inconvenient for them.
284878 08:00 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
The only time I have is when it was a last minute change, like when i cancelled time off due to a conference being cancelled. I knew some parents had already taken the time off and couldn't cancel it, so it was probably inconvenient for them.
I canceled my vacation due to covid and parents didn't blink an eye.
284878 08:30 PM 06-30-2020
I have a professional email do and don't list on my computer. One of them is don't say "Sorry for the delay" instead say "Thank you for your patience"

So I tend not to apologize if there is another way to say the same thing.
Ariana 09:55 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
I have a professional email do and don't list on my computer. One of them is don't say "Sorry for the delay" instead say "Thank you for your patience"

I do this too! Depend on the situation. When I decided to close until January I didn’t apologized but thanked them for their understanding.
Unregistered 09:46 AM 07-01-2020
Thank you for your understanding.
Baby Beluga 10:17 AM 07-01-2020

Ohh, would you mind sharing that list please? I would love to read through it.
Rockgirl 02:33 PM 07-01-2020
You’re giving plenty of notice. Parents who enroll their children in a home daycare should either have reliable backup care or a flexible work schedule. There’s nothing to apologize for. Enjoy your vacation!
284878 06:58 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Ohh, would you mind sharing that list please? I would love to read through it.
Here it is, not sure where I found it. But has helped me a ton.
Attached: professional email.jpg (67.5 KB) 
Baby Beluga 07:59 AM 07-03-2020
Thank you!
Ariana 07:54 AM 07-04-2020
This is awesome! I say 50% of the wrong things! Haha
Tags:apologize, apologizing
Reply Up