Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Having A Panic Attack
nikia 01:04 PM 03-04-2011
I gave the letter to term some families, families I have problems with, but said the reasoning for terming was me going to nursing school and needing a smaller group. One mom texts me and says can I get a copy of my contract, sure no problem I say. Im not sure what she is trying to get out of, paying the two weeks if they pull now I am guessing. I hate confrotation (sp). Why am i so scared of these 21 year olds??? My contract is to the T and she cant get out of anything, why do they have to question it, cant they just go on their merry way
nannyde 01:14 PM 03-04-2011
Did you give her a copy of the contract when she signed it?
nikia 01:22 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Did you give her a copy of the contract when she signed it?
Yes I did she said she doesnt have it
nannyde 01:54 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by nikia:
Yes I did she said she doesnt have it
I would just tell her "I'll have to get back to you on that".

She needs to find her own copy of the contract. If she lost it it means she doesn't value it. She needs to understand that when you sign something like this you have to keep your copy and refer to it should something come up.

That's being an adult.
nikia 02:00 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I would just tell her "I'll have to get back to you on that".

She needs to find her own copy of the contract. If she lost it it means she doesn't value it. She needs to understand that when you sign something like this you have to keep your copy and refer to it should something come up.

That's being an adult.
I agree she should have her copy.

She decided to call the other moms too that she is friends with to see if their child was safe, needless to say my phone has been going crazy, which is why I should have just mailed them so they all got them at the same time.
Live and learn all part of learning the best ways to handle this business
Cat Herder 03:20 PM 03-04-2011

She decided to call the other moms too that she is friends with to see if their child was safe, needless to say my phone has been going crazy, which is why I should have just mailed them so they all got them at the same time.
My "home phone" goes off the hook at 6pm M-F, and all weekends/Holidays

There is no such thing as an emergency after-hours daycare provider phone call.

If it was not important enough for them to call during their busy day, then it is not important enough to call during my lazy nights or weekends.

I do review my emails on Sundays evenings, they are all aware of this fact and I will respond to short requests, everything else will require a scheduled time on Monday.

My friends and family know the secondary number to reach me...

Maybe this could work for you???
nannyde 03:27 PM 03-04-2011

Yes live and learn.

If the client has been with you for many years then I can see them not being able to find the contract quick like. If they are relatively new they should have it.

Having clients that know each other adds a dimension to policy changes. Just rememember they are separate contracts and just talk to each of them one by one without bringing up the others.

Out of respect to you they should bring their concerns one by one... not as a group. Out of respect for them you should talk to them one by one... not as a group.
Tags:termination notice
Reply Up