Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Regarding Coronavirus Waiver Form
Janani 03:56 PM 03-19-2020
Does any one have a Coronavirus liability waiver form that u have given to your parents mentioned you won’t take any responsibilities if their child or the parent got sick while there r in their care and it’s their own choice to drop the kids with their own risk kind of form that can protect us from sueing
PB&J 04:13 PM 03-19-2020
Search some liability threads. It’s been shown that Parents cannot sign away their kids’ rights. Insurance companies can sue on behalf of children, no matter what parents say or sign. The friendliest of parents will be over-ruled by the insurance companies.
That being said, illness is part of group care and I’m not any more worried about this one than any other.
Unregistered 05:29 PM 03-19-2020
Check with your daycare insurance provider. In Canada at least some insurance companies are saying you are not covered if you decide to remain open.
Cat Herder 06:06 AM 03-20-2020
"A tort liability may occur as a result of intentional acts, a negligent act, a failure to act when the individual had a duty to act, or a violation of statutes or laws."

They would first have to prove we had a duty to act in court with no precedent. When mandated, I will close. My state is giving mixed messages sending subsidy kids home and begging us to take on more private payors.
TomCopeland 09:53 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Janani:
Does any one have a Coronavirus liability waiver form that u have given to your parents mentioned you won’t take any responsibilities if their child or the parent got sick while there r in their care and it’s their own choice to drop the kids with their own risk kind of form that can protect us from sueing
You are not responsible for any illness contracted by a child while in your program unless the parent can prove you deliberately created the conditions that led to the illness. So, don't worry about this.
Tags:coronavirus, coronavirus - liability waiver, insurance, liability, liability waiver, tom copeland, tort claim, tort law
Reply Up