Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Heard of Go Kids
candygal 07:35 AM 10-27-2020
Hi - Today I got an enquiry if my daycare supports "Go kids". Honestly I have never heard of them before but this lady tells me it is daycare assistance

If anyone here know about how this works, I will be very grateful for your inputs. Hoping that this is not a fraud

I run my daycare in California, if that helps.

Thank you so much
Cat Herder 07:42 AM 10-27-2020
It sounds like a middle man, micro-management company to me. No thanks, I get enough of that from my state regulators. https://www.gokids.org/family-child-care-homes

"Each family child care provider was selected by Go Kids as they have received formal early childhood education units, have quality environment and offer developmentally appropriate programs for children birth through 12 years of age. Every family child care home is both unique in structure and learning opportunities to meet the individualized needs of children and families. "

"We operate 8 licensed Child Development Centers serving infants, preschool and school age children. One center is located on-site within a migrant housing facility to serve agricultural working families."
candygal 10:14 AM 10-27-2020
Thanks. So I did the further digging on the website

I contacted the go care folks and turned out they have Government sponsored alternate pay program (day care assistance) that this particular parent is seeking. It appears they pay based on the timesheets provider submits to go care, so effectively you are not paid in advance.

I would love to hear experience of other providers with govt. sponsored programs and if there are do's and dont's that I should watch for

Thank you
Cat Herder 10:39 AM 10-27-2020
I added the tags "subsidy" and "subsidy issues" below. That should give you plenty of research info.

Personally, I was left empty handed after providing over three months of service to a family of 3 kids. 55 hours per week. 14 weeks. When it was time for payment I was told it was no longer in their budget.
Blackcat31 09:07 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by candygal:
Thanks. So I did the further digging on the website

I contacted the go care folks and turned out they have Government sponsored alternate pay program (day care assistance) that this particular parent is seeking. It appears they pay based on the timesheets provider submits to go care, so effectively you are not paid in advance.

I would love to hear experience of other providers with govt. sponsored programs and if there are do's and dont's that I should watch for

Thank you
I think the experience a provider has with government subsidy families is dependent on how their state runs the programs.

For example in my state, I am allowed to charge families the difference between what they pay and what I charge.

Families are also held accountable and if they don't pay the difference I charge I can report them to their case manager and their assistance will be suspended until they pay. This prohibits them from going from one provider to another and never paying their bills.

My state also pays me and any non covered or unapproved time is not recouped from me but the family instead.

My state also pays subsidy direct deposit to me biweekly.

So I don't personally have any issues taking families that use government subsidy but if I didn't have some of the protections that I do, I wouldn't be so willing to enroll anyone on subsidy.
Tags:go kids, subsidy, subsidy - california, subsidy issues, universal childcare
Reply Up