Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You All Feel About Cameras?
LovelyK 08:52 AM 03-05-2020
Hey, I had a strange feeling over the past weekend that something was going to be different & I came to work Monday & cameras is now installed. It doesnt bother me because I always work like I'm being watched, but now that I know I'm actually being watched it makes me want to leave out of the feeling of not being trusted & need to be supervised through cameras. Child can talk perfectly fine & tell if something happens also is elementary school age. I was told the cameras in the room is for after I leave & teacher comes but parent is home at the time as well. It is also 2 more cameras in rooms where the child be.

I've been known by the parent since birth. I've kept the child for 3 years inconsistently & 6 months consistently.

How do you all feel about being watched?
Msdunny 09:54 AM 03-05-2020
It doesn't really bother me. I used to nanny for twins, and their moms had installed cameras in their room. The cameras were so the moms could see them when they were sleeping (both moms were surgeons, so worked a lot of nights), but of course they could also watch when I was in the room with the kids. I honestly never really thought about them, except for the times when I would be playing some kind of silly game with them and one of the moms would text and make fun of me.

I just figure I am always doing my best anyway, so look all day if you would like!
Former Teacher 10:35 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by LovelyK:
Hey, I had a strange feeling over the past weekend that something was going to be different & I came to work Monday & cameras is now installed. It doesnt bother me because I always work like I'm being watched, but now that I know I'm actually being watched it makes me want to leave out of the feeling of not being trusted & need to be supervised through cameras. Child can talk perfectly fine & tell if something happens also is elementary school age. I was told the cameras in the room is for after I leave & teacher comes but parent is home at the time as well. It is also 2 more cameras in rooms where the child be.

I've been known by the parent since birth. I've kept the child for 3 years inconsistently & 6 months consistently.

How do you all feel about being watched?
I don't like it lol. Heck I don't even like my picture being taken. On my wedding date I had to tell people to hurry up because I don't like it

That being said...think of it this way. It protects YOU in the long run. That way if something was said there is proof.
Cat Herder 10:42 AM 03-05-2020
I worked at centers with cameras, it was just the job. I did change my clothing a bit after viewing them. The button-up blouses and ill-fitting polos they gave us allowed them to view straight down to our belly buttons from the ceiling angle often. The parents all had their own login as well, so it was not just management watching us. I invested in some clavicle high, snug, t-shirts for underneath after that and paid much more attention to my posture.
Tags:cameras
Reply Up