Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Easy Crafts, Science Projects, etc....
momma2girls 07:02 PM 04-20-2010
Let's share some of our easy, fun crafts, science projects, etc.... We can get some more great ideas from everyone on here.
THanks everyone!!!!
Michael 08:18 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
Let's share some of our easy, fun crafts, science projects, etc.... We can get some more great ideas from everyone on here.
THanks everyone!!!!
If you click on the tabs at the bottom left of th epage you will see more threads relating to the topic: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=crafts
QualiTcare 11:03 PM 04-20-2010
cornmeal and water - i LOVE it! it's so, so easy to wash off - simply running the hands under water - and the kids think it's the greatest thing since mooshy bread (all pun intended) lol.

shaving cream!! i just spray it all over the table and let them go to town. if you want to do an educational activity with kids who are a little older, you can tell them to make a map with it (using monopoly houses, cars, etc). they can make lines (streets) by running their finger through it to make a line. again, washing it off is as simple as running hands under water.
originalkat 05:49 PM 04-21-2010
I have been doing sensory tubs with the kids. I use Funshine Express. The last two weeks have been about birds. We have a tub of bird seed that they are exploring. Before that we had a boat theme so we had out the water table a lot. I am planning to do a lot more of that in the future.

I have an easel and I like to let the kids paint everyday if they wish. To keep things simple they use water colors and dot dot painters to keep the mess at a minimum.
SunflowerMama 06:30 PM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I have been doing sensory tubs with the kids. I use Funshine Express. The last two weeks have been about birds. We have a tub of bird seed that they are exploring. Before that we had a boat theme so we had out the water table a lot. I am planning to do a lot more of that in the future.

I have an easel and I like to let the kids paint everyday if they wish. To keep things simple they use water colors and dot dot painters to keep the mess at a minimum.
We love dot paints and water colors around here as well as well as Creamy Crayons http://www.amazon.com/Alex-Creamy-Cr.../dp/B00021HBC2!! Love those things!! We are definitely an arts and crafts home too! Shaving cream a lot for the older kids and pudding for the little ones for fingerpainting too!
SunflowerMama 05:32 AM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:

Originalkat - what do you use for sensory tubes? I have used my sand/water table before but then I lose that as a popular outdoor activity. Do you have the tubes inside or outside? I love the idea and when I worked at my preschool we had sensory tubes but they would get the stuff everywhere 9 times out of 10. I'm also starting Funshine too and I like their sensory tube ideas.
momma2girls 06:14 AM 04-22-2010
I made pine cone bird seed treats yesterday with everyone. If I can find the large pine cones(otherwise I use bread, another idea on here is rice cakes) spread item with peanut butter and roll bird seed on it. Then hang up somewhere, the birds love it!!! Next month we are making fruit loops strung on yarn for the birds.
Crystal 07:04 AM 04-22-2010
There are some good ideas for sensory play here:

http://www.squidoo.com/sensory-table

be sure to scroll down to find all of the ideas!
originalkat 11:40 AM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
Originalkat - what do you use for sensory tubes? I have used my sand/water table before but then I lose that as a popular outdoor activity. Do you have the tubes inside or outside? I love the idea and when I worked at my preschool we had sensory tubes but they would get the stuff everywhere 9 times out of 10. I'm also starting Funshine too and I like their sensory tube ideas.
I have a very tight preschool space so at this point I do not have a sensory table inside at this point. I use clear Sterilite containers on a low table. I usually put a towel on the table to catch some of the mess. But the kids know they have to keep the contents in the container or they have to leave the table. Sometimes I take it outside onto the picnic table as well. When we get our outside area redone I plan on getting some good sized sensory tables to keep outside. Here is a picture of what I use for indoor sensory.

momofsix 12:20 PM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
cornmeal and water - i LOVE it! it's so, so easy to wash off - simply running the hands under water - and the kids think it's the greatest thing since mooshy bread (all pun intended) lol.

shaving cream!! i just spray it all over the table and let them go to town. if you want to do an educational activity with kids who are a little older, you can tell them to make a map with it (using monopoly houses, cars, etc). they can make lines (streets) by running their finger through it to make a line. again, washing it off is as simple as running hands under water.
My kids LOVE shaving cream too! Often I will put a few drops of different colors of food coloring in it too, then they can mix it up.
Crystal 12:44 PM 04-22-2010
You can get a free sensory activity cd rom with over 60 sensory table activities here:

http://www.theeducationcenter.com/te...=16&issue=ja10
Tags:crafts, science projects
Reply Up