Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any former military providers out there?
Max 11:38 AM 10-14-2016
If so, have you been a provider while in the IRR? Or were you completely separated from the military prior to doing DC?

If you were in the IRR, did you have a written policy informing parents on this? If so, would you mind sharing?

Thank you
Blackcat31 12:15 PM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by Max:
If so, have you been a provider while in the IRR? Or were you completely separated from the military prior to doing DC?

If you were in the IRR, did you have a written policy informing parents on this? If so, would you mind sharing?

Thank you
Other threads on military providers

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...tary+providers
Max 12:29 PM 10-14-2016
Thanks BC. I wasn't able to find anything on any providers who are in the military themselves while having a DC.. I'm not opening on a base but entering in the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve) myself and so I'll still technically be in the military when I open my DC. I want to make parents aware of this even though I don't expect I'll have any duty that will interfere with providing care.

Hope that made sense
Blackcat31 12:39 PM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by Max:
Thanks BC. I wasn't able to find anything on any providers who are in the military themselves while having a DC.. I'm not opening on a base but entering in the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve) myself and so I'll still technically be in the military when I open my DC. I want to make parents aware of this even though I don't expect I'll have any duty that will interfere with providing care.

Hope that made sense
Absolutely made sense! What I would do then is add a section to your handbook about you... let families know that its possibility that you may be called to duty and if that should happen you'll give as much notice as possible but I'd add it in the "About the Provider" section as a very positive thing and as something you are very proud of...which you should be! Awesome!
Reply Up