Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UPDATE on Destructive 16 Month Old
TickleMonster 03:41 PM 05-02-2014
Well DCM came in and went BALISTIC on my Daughter and stated she had the right to call Poison Control even though he didn't ingest anything. And we told her calmly she had no right giving out my daughter's Cell number, and to find other care for him if she feels her son is in danger around us even though he has been here a year and safe. Needless to say she turned into a crying, hysterical major mess. She had intended to just pick her son up and just leave without even letting us discuss the matter. We tried to get her to calm down without success and she drove off.
Heidi 03:43 PM 05-02-2014
Do you want her back there?

If not, search "termination letters" here, pick one, and email it to her. I'd make it effective immediately. She sounds a bit off-balance.
TickleMonster 03:45 PM 05-02-2014
Thank you for all your inputs
jenboo 04:37 PM 05-02-2014
Can you post the link for the original post??
TickleMonster 05:23 PM 05-02-2014
Jenbo: Here is our original Post: We have a 16 mth old dcb that is very destructive, doesn't listen, and mean he pinches us when we pick him up and pulls other dcks hair. he also puts holes in the wall and DCM wants us to watch his every move. Today he decided to put a big hole in the wall and pull out carpet padding, we called DCM to notify of his destructive behavior instead of her being upset with him she was very upset with us and decided to call Poison Control on us when he didn't even eat any of the stuff he pulled out. She refuses to discipline him when he does stuff wrong and gets mad when he gets disciplined here. He has been here a year but after this display I want to let him go.
jenboo 05:53 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by TickleMonster:
Jenbo: Here is our original Post: We have a 16 mth old dcb that is very destructive, doesn't listen, and mean he pinches us when we pick him up and pulls other dcks hair. he also puts holes in the wall and DCM wants us to watch his every move. Today he decided to put a big hole in the wall and pull out carpet padding, we called DCM to notify of his destructive behavior instead of her being upset with him she was very upset with us and decided to call Poison Control on us when he didn't even eat any of the stuff he pulled out. She refuses to discipline him when he does stuff wrong and gets mad when he gets disciplined here. He has been here a year but after this display I want to let him go.
Thanks!! somehow I missed this post.
WOW DCM sounds crazy! I would definitely terminate immediately...who knows what she might do next time....call CPS and say you are doing something to her child...??
TickleMonster 08:04 AM 05-03-2014
Thank you so much everyone for the input that you gave us, It finally came to an end this morning when my daughter came and told me that DCM text and said that she will be bye on Monday morning to get his things. Now we can go ahead and enjoy the rest of our dck's and not worry about anymore damages to our home
CraftyMom 04:25 PM 05-03-2014
Hopefully it will just end easily. I would call licensing and let them in on the whole thing. She sounds like the type that will call them herself. It's best to come from you first.
Reply Up