Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Baby Sweats a Lot!!

Ok guys I know the reasons babies sweat. I also am not new to this and have almost 100 kids full time under my belt, and a special needs child.

New baby started today and sweats a lot. I went to the bathroom and had to put them in the crib for maybe 3 minutes, super fast. I came back and they were soaked head to toe from crying. Sweat beading up on their nose, ears, hair wet dripping down the scalp.

5 months old and owlet caught a 202 heart rate and resting in my lap feeding afterwards 167. Not out of range but I have never had a kid sweat this much.

I am not taking that owlet off of them (though I know that isn't a hospital-grade device but better than nothing). I will be talking to the parents about it at pick up, tactfully, more inquiry like.

Any advice?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2020, 01:24 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Sounds like runs of SVT but I am not familiar with an Owlet.

Edit: A quick internet search shows those things giving a lot of false highs and unnecessary trips to the ER.

If the parents are concerned they can have a strip run at their peds office.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yeah run high or not. Reviews are mixed. I thought the same thing. Autonomic nervous system dysfunction and higher risk of SIDS.

I am freaking out a bit, she looks like a heart attack patient if I am honest.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:44 PM

Any family history of diabetes? Is she wheezing? Any other respiratory symptoms?
Old 02-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

She seems like she hyperventilates. I normally see that in toddlers, NOT babies. No wheezing. I don't know the family history.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:51 PM

It could very well be a congenital heart defect and having them voice their concerns to the ped certainly can't hurt. Ruling it out would be a good thing.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:06 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yeah texting with them now. I am going to have them do that. Thank you for confirming what my gut was thinking.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaycarelogin View Post
Yeah texting with them now. I am going to have them do that. Thank you for confirming what my gut was thinking.
Anytime.

Tags
aortic valve stenosis, coarctation of the aorta, congenital heart defect, diabetes, excessive sweating, hyperventilation, patent ductus arteriosus, sweating, ventricular septal defect