Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-05-2020, 01:55 PM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 105
Default What's Annoying You Lately?

Just need to vent here but feel free to chime in with any annoying things going on you'd like to share.
Father of dcg 2 drops off always. Lately he comes 10-15 minutes before scheduled drop off time and just sits with her in his car in my driveway. This grates my nerves. He only does this because god forbid he actually hang out at home and play with her for awhile before coming here. Any of you experienced this? Why is this so annoying to me?

This other family constantly brings me their sick kids 3 and 8 months old. By the time I observe they are sick they have already sneezed and coughed on everything.

Is it Friday yet?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-05-2020, 02:32 PM
MomBoss's Avatar
MomBoss MomBoss is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 632
Default

The lingering....takes me forever to get parents to leave. They will literally stand here in silence. Ill have to say “ well ok have a good night!”
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2020, 02:37 PM
Ac114's Avatar
Ac114 Ac114 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 546
Default

Just had a parent block the doorway from letting another parent enter my daycare area. We built a 10x5 foot enclosure that’s about 4 feet tall. The point was to hand the parents their kids and have the parents get them ready and put the door (where I used to have kids run amuck and parents coming in and lingering etc) well then dad proceeded to take his sweet time and would not move after I asked him TWICE to move because another parent was trying to enter. Completely ignored me. Speechless.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-2020, 04:12 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,741
Default

Work.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2020, 04:14 PM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
Just had a parent block the doorway from letting another parent enter my daycare area. We built a 10x5 foot enclosure that’s about 4 feet tall. The point was to hand the parents their kids and have the parents get them ready and put the door (where I used to have kids run amuck and parents coming in and lingering etc) well then dad proceeded to take his sweet time and would not move after I asked him TWICE to move because another parent was trying to enter. Completely ignored me. Speechless.
I had a lingering mom, it was absolutely insane. Her kid was acting up and she just kept yapping away. I finally just implemented the bye bye outside. I just hand the child over and bye. My life is easier now that way.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Work.
Lol, ya. This sums it up.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-05-2020, 04:29 PM
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is online now
Childcare Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 989
Default

The never ending ridiculous licensing regulations ...like having to sign myself in and out every day, even though I live here!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking

Frozen 2 songs that all my kids sing with Alexa. I hate high voices. It kills my ears. Especially if 8-10 kids join to Alexa and a half of them sing it in a wrong tune.
But they really are enjoying, so I endure this torture every morning before breakfast.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-05-2020, 04:48 PM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,987
Default

Bronchitis.

I. Must. Sleep.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-05-2020, 05:55 PM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Bronchitis.

I. Must. Sleep.
Oh crap . Feel better
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-05-2020, 05:57 PM
flying_babyb's Avatar
flying_babyb flying_babyb is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 820
Default

One kids 30 min naps, the other whos clingy and whiney since mom annoced shes preggers, the ever changing rues ( I work in a center) and my co teachers inabilty to remember the garbage.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-05-2020, 05:58 PM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,464
Default

What doesn’t annoy me?

Never ending chatty parents. Parents who think they know anything about child development. Parents who tell me their kid is doing xyz at home but they have no clue how to do xyz at my house.

I guess long story short: Parents
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-05-2020, 07:09 PM
BoysMom's Avatar
BoysMom BoysMom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California
Posts: 7
Default

Nearly 2-year old toddlers who answer "no" to everything, then melt into a face-down sobbing puddle on the floor when someone else does what they refused to do. I have three little ones turning 2 this month and they have all started doing this this week
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-05-2020, 07:56 PM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,366
Default

My new food program monitor. Recently had my 3rd visit with her. I'm done. Sat on it for a week to give myself time to think. Nope, done. Calling my sponsor tomorrow to quit.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-05-2020, 08:29 PM
Leigh's Avatar
Leigh Leigh is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,816
Default

What's annoying me? F$%&(*! KidKare! Every.dang.month. it is something when I go to enter meals. Today, it is taking an average of 57 seconds to load pages between entries (I had nothing else to do but to time it! ). My internet speed test shows 145 mbps. Other pages load instantly. I tried my phone on wifi and on LTE and both load pages instantly other than kidkare. When will they EVER get their crap together?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-05-2020, 11:11 PM
dolores's Avatar
dolores dolores is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 56
Default

I've been having trouble with Kidkare too. Check in/out page takes several refreshes before it loads verrrrry slowly and this is after i've turned ipad off/on. Same with meal attendance. Very frustrating!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-06-2020, 03:32 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
The never ending ridiculous licensing regulations ...like having to sign myself in and out every day, even though I live here!
Say what???? And that promotes quality childcare how.....??
Ridiculous. SMH I swear people sitting at those desks have too much time on their hands.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-06-2020, 03:35 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,298
Default

I hope everybody's week improves!!! Nothing like annoyances to make a long season that much longer.
Feel better CH!

My only gripe ATM is when adults don't wash their hands. Kids do better than the adults that I know.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-06-2020, 05:50 AM
littlefriends's Avatar
littlefriends littlefriends is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBoss View Post
The lingering....takes me forever to get parents to leave. They will literally stand here in silence. Ill have to say “ well ok have a good night!”
THIS!!!! Ugh, I hate it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-06-2020, 06:30 AM
Jupadia's Avatar
Jupadia Jupadia is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 753
Default

Not daycare, but effects my daycare.

The teachers here are doing rotating strikes, so last week my kids missed 1 day, this week they have esculated strike action and are doing 2 days. Next week 2 days no school, plus a PD day, so they only have 2 days of school next week.

This is not to bad for me cause I am home and dont have to search for childcare. But it's also winter so where trapped in for longer hours, then summer when I'm use to having them home. Next week my 7 year old will probably drive me crazy and have to much extra screen time upstairs so I can get him out of my hair.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-06-2020, 07:27 AM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariana View Post
what doesn’t annoy me?

Never ending chatty parents. Parents who think they know anything about child development. Parents who tell me their kid is doing xyz at home but they have no clue how to do xyz at my house.

I guess long story short: Parents
i could not agree more!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-06-2020, 07:28 AM
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is online now
Childcare Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
My new food program monitor. Recently had my 3rd visit with her. I'm done. Sat on it for a week to give myself time to think. Nope, done. Calling my sponsor tomorrow to quit.
Could you request a new monitor?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-06-2020, 07:44 AM
Msdunny's Avatar
Msdunny Msdunny is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 412
Default

This week? The mom who literally hasn't spoken to me since I gave her a two-week notice 2 week ago (notice given for continuing to break my policies and for arguing with me over them). Not.a.word spoken to me in two weeks. I've gotten 1 or 2 word texts, but nothing else.

Today is their last day, and I am thrilled. I'm over this.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-06-2020, 08:02 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdunny View Post
This week? The mom who literally hasn't spoken to me since I gave her a two-week notice 2 week ago (notice given for continuing to break my policies and for arguing with me over them). Not.a.word spoken to me in two weeks. I've gotten 1 or 2 word texts, but nothing else.

Today is their last day, and I am thrilled. I'm over this.
Isn't that bizarre?

I have a DCM right now that isn't speaking to me either.

We had an issue with communication via texting and it got blown out of proportion in a big way. Considering it started because of a lack of open communication, I don't understand the silent treatment now.

But I just don't have it in me to try and smooth things over.
If she isn't speaking to me, I guess it's one less parent that I need to deal with so it's all good.

But how strange that parents choose that method of behavior when things don't go their way.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-06-2020, 08:09 AM
Msdunny's Avatar
Msdunny Msdunny is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Isn't that bizarre?

I have a DCM right now that isn't speaking to me either.

We had an issue with communication via texting and it got blown out of proportion in a big way. Considering it started because of a lack of open communication, I don't understand the silent treatment now.

But I just don't have it in me to try and smooth things over.
If she isn't speaking to me, I guess it's one less parent that I need to deal with so it's all good.

But how strange that parents choose that method of behavior when things don't go their way.
Yeah, after her text, telling me I 'couldn't be much of a Christian since I won't show her any mercy", I've decided the less words between us is probably better. Adulting is hard.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-06-2020, 08:35 AM
bonsaibaby's Avatar
bonsaibaby bonsaibaby is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 4
Default

Everything and everybody!!! Seriously I want to hibernate till spring.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-06-2020, 08:49 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdunny View Post
Yeah, after her text, telling me I 'couldn't be much of a Christian since I won't show her any mercy", I've decided the less words between us is probably better. Adulting is hard.
Oh boy
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-06-2020, 09:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
Just need to vent here but feel free to chime in with any annoying things going on you'd like to share.
Father of dcg 2 drops off always. Lately he comes 10-15 minutes before scheduled drop off time and just sits with her in his car in my driveway. This grates my nerves. He only does this because god forbid he actually hang out at home and play with her for awhile before coming here. Any of you experienced this? Why is this so annoying to me?

This other family constantly brings me their sick kids 3 and 8 months old. By the time I observe they are sick they have already sneezed and coughed on everything.

Is it Friday yet?
YESS! I have this exact situation! It bugs the hell out of me. Especially since his truck is so loud. They also only live a few blocks away, sorry sitting in front of my house early won't make me open any earlier, if anything it only makes me take my sweet time getting to the door when I do open. It's just rude of them to do this. Think they need to be here the second you open.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-06-2020, 09:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Daycare family pulled their school ager, yet wants me hold an infant spot for free. Upset I can't apply for a variance until July, even though I told them back in October, I wouldn't be able to apply early and already said worst case scenario baby can't start until Jan instead of Sept. So now they are looking for new daycare. Hate to lose a family but should I not value myself or my program to keep them?? Because of this worried about finding 2 new preschoolers to fill the empty spots come june.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-06-2020, 10:42 AM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupadia View Post
Not daycare, but effects my daycare.

The teachers here are doing rotating strikes, so last week my kids missed 1 day, this week they have esculated strike action and are doing 2 days. Next week 2 days no school, plus a PD day, so they only have 2 days of school next week.

This is not to bad for me cause I am home and dont have to search for childcare. But it's also winter so where trapped in for longer hours, then summer when I'm use to having them home. Next week my 7 year old will probably drive me crazy and have to much extra screen time upstairs so I can get him out of my hair.
Yup, same here Luckily I can relegate then to the upstairs playroom with their toys. It is a disaster of Lego and Playmobil up there now. We are with the Catholic board and have only had one strike day this week. My teacher dcm is off though and never picks her kid up early
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Isn't that bizarre?

I have a DCM right now that isn't speaking to me either.

We had an issue with communication via texting and it got blown out of proportion in a big way. Considering it started because of a lack of open communication, I don't understand the silent treatment now.

But I just don't have it in me to try and smooth things over.
If she isn't speaking to me, I guess it's one less parent that I need to deal with so it's all good.

But how strange that parents choose that method of behavior when things don't go their way.
It is a narcissists favourite manipulation method when they are angry because you said “no” to them. This was my life growing up with my mom.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-06-2020, 10:51 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
It is a narcissists favourite manipulation method when they are angry because you said “no” to them. This was my life growing up with my mom.
Same.

And when you turn it around on them you better Katy bar the door, sleep with one eye open and have a good lawyer. DARVO ranger is coming to war.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-06-2020, 10:53 AM
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is online now
Childcare Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Say what???? And that promotes quality childcare how.....??
Ridiculous. SMH I swear people sitting at those desks have too much time on their hands.
I know right!
I rarely have something to complain about but when it comes to unnecessary licensing regulations I totally lose it!I

We give 110% and still come up short, nothing we do is ever good enough, I'm so tired of feeling this way!
I'm actually starting to think of early retirement
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-06-2020, 11:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

snotty runny noses.....and the parents dont care because they dont wipe.them 9 hrs a day!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-06-2020, 11:34 AM
littlefriends's Avatar
littlefriends littlefriends is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
It is a narcissists favourite manipulation method when they are angry because you said “no” to them. This was my life growing up with my mom.
I thought this too-drives them bonkers if you just happily go on about your business as if you couldn't possibly care less!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-06-2020, 12:56 PM
Msdunny's Avatar
Msdunny Msdunny is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
It is a narcissists favourite manipulation method when they are angry because you said “no” to them. This was my life growing up with my mom.
Same here. I think that's why I've been so anxious the last couple of weeks. I used to feel the same way at home.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-06-2020, 02:48 PM
Msdunny's Avatar
Msdunny Msdunny is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 412
Default

And now I'm annoyed because every other child left early due to severe weather in the area, except the two whose mom isn't speaking to me. ...longest...last....hour...ever.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-06-2020, 04:54 PM
Jupadia's Avatar
Jupadia Jupadia is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
Yup, same here Luckily I can relegate then to the upstairs playroom with their toys. It is a disaster of Lego and Playmobil up there now. We are with the Catholic board and have only had one strike day this week. My teacher dcm is off though and never picks her kid up early
I also hate how we're not getting reports this year. Though not the strikes fault my backup not available for the PA day on Friday, so I'll not be able to make it in for a parent / teacher interviews. My husband as much as I love him sucks at things like that, and wont go or do the daycare (wont do backup unless true emergency). So I'm stuck doing it by phone, I hate talking on the phone. If I dont do it then I learn nothing of how their doing. I want reports.

Bonus for me though on the cathlic strike days I get one of my old kids back in. His brother still comes, and I have a space. Even nap times not bad cause this kid use to come, and knows how to be quite. He will colour, read, even play with a few toys on the kids table for nap.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-06-2020, 05:30 PM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Could you request a new monitor?
I asked about that. The answer was no. Called my sponsor today and quit.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-06-2020, 05:36 PM
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is online now
Childcare Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
I asked about that. The answer was no. Called my sponsor today and quit.
Sorry!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-06-2020, 06:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefriends View Post
I thought this too-drives them bonkers if you just happily go on about your business as if you couldn't possibly care less!
It sure does drive them bonkers. My Mom when not talking to me, would occasionally call only to hang up on me as soon as I answered. Just to remind me she was not talking to me.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-06-2020, 08:46 PM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
Just need to vent here but feel free to chime in with any annoying things going on you'd like to share.
Father of dcg 2 drops off always. Lately he comes 10-15 minutes before scheduled drop off time and just sits with her in his car in my driveway. This grates my nerves. He only does this because god forbid he actually hang out at home and play with her for awhile before coming here. Any of you experienced this? Why is this so annoying to me?

This other family constantly brings me their sick kids 3 and 8 months old. By the time I observe they are sick they have already sneezed and coughed on everything.

Is it Friday yet?
Everything annoys me lately!

Just too much going on and I can’t get my footing without something else happening too quickly
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-07-2020, 04:33 AM
DaveA's Avatar
DaveA DaveA is online now
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,959
Default

This cough I can't shake. Been going on a week now.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-07-2020, 05:30 AM
Vesta's Avatar
Vesta Vesta is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
This cough I can't shake. Been going on a week now.

That’s what’s annoying me. Coughing cold, worn down from it and just on the edge of being “real” sick, but no where near sick enough to close down.
Sweetest happy baby in the world sneezed in my face yesterday. I even had to clean my glasses. All I can do is hope we already have the same crud.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-07-2020, 06:53 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
It is a narcissists favourite manipulation method when they are angry because you said “no” to them. This was my life growing up with my mom.
True.

In my DCPs case though it's more about her realizing I am not her friend. She's really insecure and spends alot of time worrying that others are judging her.
She needs constant validation for everything and I am simply not willing to spend time having to "pet her".

She's an adult.
My approval or disapproval should have no bearing on her life whatsoever.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdunny View Post
Same here. I think that's why I've been so anxious the last couple of weeks. I used to feel the same way at home.
Silence has always made me feel super uncomfortable for this reason. I immediately think the other person is mad at me!! Now that I know what it is all about I can rationalize my silly thoughts about it and enjoy the silence
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-07-2020, 07:47 PM
flying_babyb's Avatar
flying_babyb flying_babyb is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 820
Default

Today? Parents with NO respect and staff too. Theres a HUGE sign on our door that says shoe free classroom, please stay in the box outlined on the floor. We basically have a large box taped out on the floor, and a rocking chair pretty much in the box. two parents walk there nasty snowy selfs in and totally ignore the box, I remind them and I get told "opps! sorry!" daily. Same with one staff member who thinks she can walk halfway across my room in her outside shoes. Drives me nuts. I remind her and get eye rolls. SO glad im leaving this stupid center.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-08-2020, 07:20 AM
CeridwenLynne's Avatar
CeridwenLynne CeridwenLynne is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_babyb View Post
One kids 30 min naps, the other whos clingy and whiney since mom annoced shes preggers, the ever changing rues ( I work in a center) and my co teachers inabilty to remember the garbage.
Sounds a lot like my vent. I have a child who takes an hour fall asleep and makes a lot of noise by rolling around on his cot. One of my girls has been extra whiny and emotional because mom has started a different shift at work and can’t pick her up anymore. ( Dad picks up later than mom used to) Another child has started talking about guns all the time and how he’s going to be a cop when he “gets bigger” so he can shoot bad guys. My assistant is great with playing with the kids but when it comes to classroom maintenance she is totally clueless. And please don’t reinforce negative behaviors by cuddling a child when she is sent to play by herself for scribbling on a friends art work. My assistant is a sweet 17 year old girl who loves to color with the kids and play dolls with them but there is so much more to being a preschool teacher. She’s doing better but there is a lot to learn and working in a preschool/daycare is not the same as babysitting the kids next door. This is a small thing but it makes me gag to see kids eating ketchup with a spoon—or their fingers. Ketchup is to put on something.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-08-2020, 01:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Angry

The entitled mommy and daddy who probably filed my first complaint. Post interview my gut told me post interview...bad match. Lesson learned. They obviously didn't read the contract or policy book. Tried to show up an hour earlier than scheduled and couldnt understand why I wasn't ready to answer the door, got mad when I told them they cannot pick up late, and tried 2x to bring outside food in when I have kiddos with food allergies in the house.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-08-2020, 01:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_babyb View Post
Today? Parents with NO respect and staff too. Theres a HUGE sign on our door that says shoe free classroom, please stay in the box outlined on the floor. We basically have a large box taped out on the floor, and a rocking chair pretty much in the box. two parents walk there nasty snowy selfs in and totally ignore the box, I remind them and I get told "opps! sorry!" daily. Same with one staff member who thinks she can walk halfway across my room in her outside shoes. Drives me nuts. I remind her and get eye rolls. SO glad im leaving this stupid center.
I imagine it's shoe free because the babies play on the floor.... "unless your shoes are clean enough for our babies to play with as a toy.... please take them off and don't walk on the floor with them!“
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-08-2020, 04:08 PM
flying_babyb's Avatar
flying_babyb flying_babyb is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I imagine it's shoe free because the babies play on the floor.... "unless your shoes are clean enough for our babies to play with as a toy.... please take them off and don't walk on the floor with them!“
Yep and i swear people totally ignore that rule. drives me batty! We have shoe covers directly outside the door, the teachers all have house slippers on.. How hard is it to understand?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-09-2020, 07:34 AM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,464
Default

When people contact me for care and do not start their message with “hello” or “hi”. Just....”do you do XYZ” like I am some sort of circus clown for hire.

People contacting me needing 11 HOURS OF CARE! 11 HOURS married, dual income family. Why have kids????
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-09-2020, 07:39 AM
CountryRoads's Avatar
CountryRoads CountryRoads is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US of A
Posts: 392
Default

Parents are always annoying me

But right now, it's illnesses. What is so hard about keeping your sick child home? I have to send a picture of the child's temp now to prevent the "he/she didn't have a fever at home and was acting fine."
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-10-2020, 08:26 AM
ColorfulLearning's Avatar
ColorfulLearning ColorfulLearning is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 4
Default

the fact that parents play on my niceness and big heart. I have been dealing with late payments for the last 2 years. Excuse after excuse because this bill is due or that bill is due blah blah as if its more important than my same bills. I think they assume because im married and have nice things, I don't need their money lol. Then the parents that think they pay for your services all dag on day and come strolling in here with no urgency after closing like its all good. Literally had one parent "Tell" me they were going to bring their kid at 3pm for a job training and should be done by 7 as if I don't close at 6pm. First I said no im busy I can't do it but then I just told them how I felt that I close at 6 and im not keeping kids past 6 and I want to always close at 6.

Im so over it all and I had to ask myself if I should just get a job. Well I answered no. I need to just enforce my rules. No exceptions, no favors, no nothing. So I redid all of my policies and sent out notices and had them sign the signature page and I put it in their files. Then immediately went over to kinderlime and attached the late fee invoice to their accounts so if they are late it will automatically bill them for it. Ive never had to apply late fees until now. So I can just show everyone better than I can tell them. Im not going to have long drawn out convos either, or remind them of their payments. Im going to do just like the big centers, leave them either their payment due notice or termination letter right in their cubby. AND im not allowing any new parents to think we are that friendly because clearly they can't keep the 2 separate. I assumed that because its a home environment and you get to know these ppl that it was friendly by default. Not anymore. Of course im going to keep the friendly tone with all parents, but no personal calling my phone, no convos about anything other than their kid or anything else that can lead them to believe that they have room to get over. I swear you give ppl a little and they just keep taking until they suck you dry and become aggravated with everything. And I feel like I fix one issue and here comes another one. Im not negotiating my prices, my hours, my policies, nothing! ok...vent over.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-11-2020, 12:19 PM
Sunshine69's Avatar
Sunshine69 Sunshine69 is online now
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 9
Default

I have a parent who only had their child in daycare a couple of days each month while they were going through custody proceedings. Originally, parent asked if I’d be willing to barter for yard work since they only had part-time work and high lawyer fees. Wanting to help out and since it was so infrequent the child would be in daycare, plus it would allow me to spend the time I’d spend doing yard work with my own family. Unfortunately, parent isn’t good at time management and kept asking me to provide care on the weekend so they could do the agreed upon yard work. I’m not open on weekends so that didn’t work in my favor.

All along parent has been complaining to me how other parent interferes in their parenting time. Finally, after two years equal custody was awarded to both parents, so I will provide care for child more often.

Of course I put an end to bartering arrangement that didn’t benefit me in the least.

Already this week, I’ve had said child in care 12 hours while parent has only worked two. Why fight for custody to send child to daycare when you’re not working?

I’m not looking forward to the conversation I’m expecting about how this parent can’t afford the care and wants to make more bartering arrangements. 🙄
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-12-2020, 12:56 PM
NiNi.R. NiNi.R. is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 226
Default

DCD works M-Th. Every Friday he drops off DCG with me after taking his oldest to school. And every Friday he picks up his oldest from school at 3pm but waits until 5pm to pick up DCG. Even more irritating, she is always the last one to get picked up, but the only one with a parent not working.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-13-2020, 11:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNi.R. View Post
DCD works M-Th. Every Friday he drops off DCG with me after taking his oldest to school. And every Friday he picks up his oldest from school at 3pm but waits until 5pm to pick up DCG. Even more irritating, she is always the last one to get picked up, but the only one with a parent not working.

That's so sad. Why do parents not want to spend time with their children!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-13-2020, 01:10 PM
daycarebc's Avatar
daycarebc daycarebc is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3
Angry So much!

So SO so much right now... Literally half the kids I watch I have an issue with. One kid who keeps pooping himself and throwing endless tantrums because he doesn't want to deal with the cleanup. One kid who refuses to nap even though he clearly needs it. One kid who won't stay awake but needs to or he is up until 11pm. and one kid who keeps shoving all the babies in the group over repeatedly. Don't even get me started on the parents...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-13-2020, 03:03 PM
Pepperth's Avatar
Pepperth Pepperth is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 676
Default

Winter. I'm tired of being cold and tired.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-13-2020, 05:01 PM
flying_babyb's Avatar
flying_babyb flying_babyb is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 820
Default

My job! the whole thing. So we have to get our own day off coverage, I didnt find it in time cause there too short staffed. I said ok, ill take the punishment. They call at 6am to help me find coverage after I asked for two weeks. Im leaving this job next Friday and am seriously thinking I may just leave sooner cause im guessing it will be the same coverage issue when I need Tuesday off (to get the papers to sell my home)
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 02-14-2020, 06:21 AM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 105
Default

😡 I caught "teething" from dcg 8 months who had a runny nose and cough....you know, from teething.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-14-2020, 06:39 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
�� I caught "teething" from dcg 8 months who had a runny nose and cough....you know, from teething.


I am on day 13 of "allergies".

So frustrating.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-14-2020, 07:48 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
😡 I caught "teething" from dcg 8 months who had a runny nose and cough....you know, from teething.
I have one that is teething but he's also not feeling very well. Not napping, very cranky and wants to be held all day.

Hasn't met the exclusionary rules so we've just had a cranky babe most the week. Every night at pick up, I relay the "tough" day he had to mom. Every time she says he's just teething.

She texted me this morning saying she was staying home today. Felt miserable. Just achy and not right.

I texted back that I hope she felt better soon but that she's probably just teething.

NO idea if she took it in stride or if she thought I was being snarky. But atleast she keeps her child home when she is home so that's good.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-14-2020, 08:26 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I have one that is teething but he's also not feeling very well. Not napping, very cranky and wants to be held all day.

Hasn't met the exclusionary rules so we've just had a cranky babe most the week. Every night at pick up, I relay the "tough" day he had to mom. Every time she says he's just teething.

She texted me this morning saying she was staying home today. Felt miserable. Just achy and not right.

I texted back that I hope she felt better soon but that she's probably just teething.

NO idea if she took it in stride or if she thought I was being snarky. But atleast she keeps her child home when she is home so that's good.
I love it.

Feels good when you can finally drive home a point in a manner they can completely understand.

So many believe it does not matter to the kid because "they won't remember it anyway". grrr
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-14-2020, 10:05 AM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat31 View Post
i have one that is teething but he's also not feeling very well. Not napping, very cranky and wants to be held all day.

Hasn't met the exclusionary rules so we've just had a cranky babe most the week. Every night at pick up, i relay the "tough" day he had to mom. Every time she says he's just teething.

She texted me this morning saying she was staying home today. Felt miserable. Just achy and not right.

I texted back that i hope she felt better soon but that she's probably just teething.

No idea if she took it in stride or if she thought i was being snarky. But atleast she keeps her child home when she is home so that's good.
love it bc👍❤😊❤
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
annoying, enforcing policies, enforcing policies - consistency

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing The Good, Not The Crazy, Annoying And Bad! (LONG) rosieteddy Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 9 05-12-2015 09:53 PM
Most Annoying Noises Ever SilverSabre25 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 11 04-04-2013 05:46 PM
annoying baby kayla Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 08-03-2012 08:25 AM
Annoying Parents In Your Daycare??? Mychildreportcard Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 06-06-2012 11:10 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming