Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>9 Mo That Always Wakes An Hour Before Nap Is Over
sahm2three 01:15 PM 09-12-2011
I don't know how to get her to sleep longer. She is the one who was being nursed by her mom at lunch here, but we stopped that because it just wasn't working. So I am unsure whether she is just still used to being woken up halfway thru her nap or what. I have to go in and rewrap her, give her her paci, and then leave and let her cry. After about 20 mins she goes back to sleep but it is a nightmare and she usually wakes a kid or two up. Just not sure what to do about her. I have moved her to a room by herself, but not sure what else to do with her. Any advice?
Christian Mother 01:38 PM 09-12-2011
Maybe keep her up an extra yr later so she wakes up with the other kiddo's? Wait til she starts walking she'll be out for you w/ no waking up. Maybe she needs a little more stimulation so she sleep through.

I have one little guy who takes a 2 hr nap and the rest 3 hrs. That last hr we spend time reading or puzzles, or a quiet activity. Sometimes I will even put in a movie for him to watch so he is quiet for the other kids. I had a infant here last week who slept a 1 1/2 all day. She was 2 1/2 months. She was a very good baby who hardly cried but I understand. Nap time is important for us to eat and get our stuff done for the day.
AnythingsPossible 03:00 PM 09-12-2011
No advice, but I am in the same boat. Perhaps a little worse! I too have a 9 month old and she has been taking 2 to 3 thirty minute naps here. She has been coming for 3 weeks and her naps have gotten shorter, not longer. I am at a loss as to what to do as well. When she wakes up, she plays quietly for a short while but then starts squelling and making other baby noises. It is against my regs to be in a seperate room from sleeping children, so we havent had very restful nap times!
laundrymom 05:11 PM 09-12-2011
what do you mean rewrap her? are you putting anything in the crib with her other than the clothes she is wearing?
Alexandra 05:17 PM 09-12-2011
She is probably refering to rewrapping her in her blanket. Like to swaddle.
laundrymom 05:23 PM 09-12-2011
she shouldnt be using a blanket with an infant.
kitkat 09:32 AM 09-13-2011
Have you tried to wean from the swaddle by keeping one arm out? What does she need swaddled...whole body or just legs? That may sound like a silly question, but with DS, we discovered that he NEEDS his legs covered/swaddled or he can't fall asleep. Once we figured that out, we were able to wean from swaddling and just use a sleep sack. You mentioned that maybe shew as use to being woken up half way thru her nap. Was she being woken up when mom came to nurse? If so, was that stopped cold turkey? Maybe giving her a very small bottle when she wakes up just to make the transition smoother for a bit? That might be a slippery slope though. Other things to try might be a fan, white noise, rain from a sound machine, or a lullaby cd that just keeps repeating.
Tags:naptime routine, sleep problems, wakes up early, won't sleep
Reply Up