Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 AM
hcmom hcmom is offline
Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 26
Thumbs down Baby Dropped Off Without Notifying Me....

My last day of Daycare is July 1... but I am SO annoyed right now.

DH has Tuesday's and Wednesday's off so today we were going out as a family because I just was supposed to have one DCB.

Well at 830am I get a doorbell and it was my drop in. I am super annoyed.

Whenever drop in's parents need me the Facebook me or let me know the previous week that they are going to be bringing him.

I was on Facebook last night and checked this morning and I got no email saying DCB was coming, which is why I planned on going out today with dh.

Ugh...I have 11 more days of this....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 AM
momofboys's Avatar
momofboys momofboys is offline
Advanced Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmom View Post
My last day of Daycare is July 1... but I am SO annoyed right now.

DH has Tuesday's and Wednesday's off so today we were going out as a family because I just was supposed to have one DCB.

Well at 830am I get a doorbell and it was my drop in. I am super annoyed.

Whenever drop in's parents need me the Facebook me or let me know the previous week that they are going to be bringing him.

I was on Facebook last night and checked this morning and I got no email saying DCB was coming, which is why I planned on going out today with dh.

Ugh...I have 11 more days of this....
Ugh! So is it in your contract that you have to be notified in advance? What did you say to the parent? I would have had a hard time not expressing my "anger".
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Greenshadow's Avatar
Greenshadow Greenshadow is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 238
Default

I would have said something. Especially if you are quitting the business anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 AM
My4SunshineGirlsNY's Avatar
My4SunshineGirlsNY My4SunshineGirlsNY is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 575
Default

I would have said I'm sorry, I'm not doing drop in care today, I have made plans for the day. Not much longer now and you'll be FREE!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 AM
judytrickett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Why did you accept him to care then?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 AM
misol's Avatar
misol misol is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 722
Default That sucks.

I would have kindly told the parent Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate him today. I had not received a facebook message or email from you so we planned the day based on dcb not being here.

Keep your head up...only a few more days.

Since you did accept the boy into care, and you already have another dcb today, is it possible that you can just take him along too?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 AM
tymaboy's Avatar
tymaboy tymaboy is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by judytrickett View Post
Why did you accept him to care then?
I'm wondering this too. If they did not let you know in advance you should have said sorry at the door.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2010, 11:55 AM
hcmom hcmom is offline
Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by judytrickett View Post
Why did you accept him to care then?
Because I have no backbone...seriously.

I hate confrontation.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-15-2010, 11:56 AM
hcmom hcmom is offline
Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misol View Post
Since you did accept the boy into care, and you already have another dcb today, is it possible that you can just take him along too?
No, because I had only one extra carseat.

11 more days....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 PM
professionalmom's Avatar
professionalmom professionalmom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmom View Post
Because I have no backbone...seriously.

I hate confrontation.
That used to be me. Are you closing for good or are you just not going to have this family anymore? If you are just terming the one family and going to continue, trust me, you will get a backbone. Go to Judy Trickett's blog page and take a look through. Eventually you will realize business is business and get that backbone. After my last parent screwed me a little over a month ago, I have the attitude of, "you don't like it, there's the door. Next..."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-15-2010, 01:28 PM
hcmom hcmom is offline
Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionalmom View Post
That used to be me. Are you closing for good or are you just not going to have this family anymore? If you are just terming the one family and going to continue, trust me, you will get a backbone. Go to Judy Trickett's blog page and take a look through. Eventually you will realize business is business and get that backbone. After my last parent screwed me a little over a month ago, I have the attitude of, "you don't like it, there's the door. Next..."
I am closing FOR GOOD. Home daycare has taken a toll on our family time because of my dh's work schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-15-2010, 01:30 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmom View Post
Because I have no backbone...seriously.

I hate confrontation.
That's what they are after.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-15-2010, 01:44 PM
professionalmom's Avatar
professionalmom professionalmom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmom View Post
I am closing FOR GOOD. Home daycare has taken a toll on our family time because of my dh's work schedule.
I hear you on that. My hubby works for the federal government where they have to have shift bids. Right now my hubby is off work on Wednesdays and Thursdays but works through the weekends. It's impossible to get family time in, let alone a day trip somewhere. I wish you all the best.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:56 AM
MsKara's Avatar
MsKara MsKara is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionalmom View Post
I hear you on that. My hubby works for the federal government where they have to have shift bids. Right now my hubby is off work on Wednesdays and Thursdays but works through the weekends. It's impossible to get family time in, let alone a day trip somewhere. I wish you all the best.
I too have trouble finding family time. My husband is a pilot and gone for many days. When he's home, i'm doing daycare and then trying to catch up on appointments and shopping while he watches our kids in the evening. We are both so busy and hardly see each other :-(
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jul

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5 Month Old Baby is Challenging MN Mom Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 05-20-2014 11:14 PM
DCM Shows Dislike For My Kids daycarediva Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 16 07-27-2012 09:20 AM
Daycare Worker Dropped My Baby... was Parents and Guardians Forum 14 06-14-2012 02:30 PM
Is There Anything I Can Say - or Just Keep Ignoring It DancingQueen Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 98 11-12-2010 10:57 AM
What to do??? rachadelle Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 04-30-2009 05:06 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming