Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Daycare Member

Thumbs down Baby Dropped Off Without Notifying Me....

My last day of Daycare is July 1... but I am SO annoyed right now.

DH has Tuesday's and Wednesday's off so today we were going out as a family because I just was supposed to have one DCB.

Well at 830am I get a doorbell and it was my drop in. I am super annoyed.

Whenever drop in's parents need me the Facebook me or let me know the previous week that they are going to be bringing him.

I was on Facebook last night and checked this morning and I got no email saying DCB was coming, which is why I planned on going out today with dh.

Ugh...I have 11 more days of this....
Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Advanced Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmom View Post
My last day of Daycare is July 1... but I am SO annoyed right now.

DH has Tuesday's and Wednesday's off so today we were going out as a family because I just was supposed to have one DCB.

Well at 830am I get a doorbell and it was my drop in. I am super annoyed.

Whenever drop in's parents need me the Facebook me or let me know the previous week that they are going to be bringing him.

I was on Facebook last night and checked this morning and I got no email saying DCB was coming, which is why I planned on going out today with dh.

Ugh...I have 11 more days of this....
Ugh! So is it in your contract that you have to be notified in advance? What did you say to the parent? I would have had a hard time not expressing my "anger".
Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would have said something. Especially if you are quitting the business anyway.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I would have said I'm sorry, I'm not doing drop in care today, I have made plans for the day. Not much longer now and you'll be FREE!!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 AM
judytrickett

Why did you accept him to care then?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default That sucks.

I would have kindly told the parent Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate him today. I had not received a facebook message or email from you so we planned the day based on dcb not being here.

Keep your head up...only a few more days.

Since you did accept the boy into care, and you already have another dcb today, is it possible that you can just take him along too?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judytrickett View Post
I'm wondering this too. If they did not let you know in advance you should have said sorry at the door.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judytrickett View Post
Because I have no backbone...seriously.

I hate confrontation.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misol View Post
Since you did accept the boy into care, and you already have another dcb today, is it possible that you can just take him along too?
No, because I had only one extra carseat.

11 more days....
Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

I hate confrontation.
That used to be me. Are you closing for good or are you just not going to have this family anymore? If you are just terming the one family and going to continue, trust me, you will get a backbone. Go to Judy Trickett's blog page and take a look through. Eventually you will realize business is business and get that backbone. After my last parent screwed me a little over a month ago, I have the attitude of, "you don't like it, there's the door. Next..."
Old 06-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionalmom View Post
That used to be me. Are you closing for good or are you just not going to have this family anymore? If you are just terming the one family and going to continue, trust me, you will get a backbone. Go to Judy Trickett's blog page and take a look through. Eventually you will realize business is business and get that backbone. After my last parent screwed me a little over a month ago, I have the attitude of, "you don't like it, there's the door. Next..."
I am closing FOR GOOD. Home daycare has taken a toll on our family time because of my dh's work schedule.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:30 PM
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer

Quote:

I hate confrontation.
That's what they are after.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I am closing FOR GOOD. Home daycare has taken a toll on our family time because of my dh's work schedule.
I hear you on that. My hubby works for the federal government where they have to have shift bids. Right now my hubby is off work on Wednesdays and Thursdays but works through the weekends. It's impossible to get family time in, let alone a day trip somewhere. I wish you all the best.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionalmom View Post
I hear you on that. My hubby works for the federal government where they have to have shift bids. Right now my hubby is off work on Wednesdays and Thursdays but works through the weekends. It's impossible to get family time in, let alone a day trip somewhere. I wish you all the best.
I too have trouble finding family time. My husband is a pilot and gone for many days. When he's home, i'm doing daycare and then trying to catch up on appointments and shopping while he watches our kids in the evening. We are both so busy and hardly see each other :-(

Tags
jul