Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-09-2010, 10:26 PM
TGPII
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post Questions

To Whom It May Concern:

I am about to become the Director of a IL DCFS License Daycare in Chicago, IL. I do have a ton of questions. If anyone can PLEASE help with these questions PLEASE let me know. Your article talks about women and daycares. I am male and work at a Daycare. One of the co owners is male.

1. What do we/I need for our license? We prefer the license to be for Monday through Friday 6:00 am-6:30 pm. Also we would like it for ages birth-13 years old.
2. What are some of the basics a center/daycare must have?
3. What do each student need for their files before they can be enrolled?
4. What do staff members need in their before they can work at a daycare?
5. What are qualifications for Assistants, Teachers, Directors, Cook, Bus drivers, and anyone else who works in the day care?
6. Do you need to be CPR and or AED certified?
7. What should a daycare do if there is a sick child?
8. Can Daycare restrooms have Urinals and electric hand dryers?
9. I know it is online but I would PLEASE like a paper copy of IL DCFS regulations 407?
10. What is Headstart? How do we start a Headstart program?
11. How do we have a parent clam Daycare Tuition on there income tax?
12. I know there are free/reduced food/lunch programs for Daycares. What are they and how d o I get my Daycare enrolled in them?
13. What other food, tuition payment, grants, and other similar programs do you offer?
14. Are there any other Government Agencies should I be in contact with?
15. Anything else I need or should know?
16. What are student to staff ratios for rooms/age groups?
17. Is there a DCFS seminar/class that explains most of these questions?
18. Regulations for playgrounds, inside and outside?
19. How do you accredit a Kindergarten program?
21. How do I join NCATE?
22. What is the required continuing education?
23. What are the rules and regulations on food menus and food?


Thomas
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:24 AM
QualiTcare's Avatar
QualiTcare QualiTcare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,484
Default

ok, who did this!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 AM
MyAngels's Avatar
MyAngels MyAngels is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,065
Default

Seriously. Contact DCFS.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:31 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,296
Default

Now now girls.

I'm sure there is someone with the time to answer each one of these.

If we answer all correctly mabye we can get to BE the Director of a IL DCFS License Daycare in Chicago, IL.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:33 AM
QualiTcare's Avatar
QualiTcare QualiTcare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,484
Default

i just got offered a job as the lead brain surgeon at my local hospital.

do you have to go to college for that? should i wash my hands first? what would i wear? hmmm.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:42 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualiTcare View Post
i just got offered a job as the lead brain surgeon at my local hospital.

do you have to go to college for that? should i wash my hands first? what would i wear? hmmm.
I'm applying for an honorary PHD ifrom Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Do I need a wand for that?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:42 AM
My Daycare's Avatar
My Daycare My Daycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 236
Default

http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/docs/407.pdf

Should answer most of your questions? Call DCFS quickly, I don' know how long it takes to get a center license, but it took almost 2 years to get a daycare home license. Half of that time was waiting for an orientation date in order to even apply. So call them now!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:43 AM
My Daycare's Avatar
My Daycare My Daycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 236
Default

LOL! Qualitycare & Nannyde
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 AM
QualiTcare's Avatar
QualiTcare QualiTcare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,484
Default

well, u know - people who get honorary degrees either made HUGE contributions to the field OR they're dead...

you're not dead, and i'd def. say you've made huge contributions to the field of witchcraft


i'll give you a golden wand if you let me see a copy of that degree!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-2010, 07:12 AM
MyAngels's Avatar
MyAngels MyAngels is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daycare View Post
http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/docs/407.pdf

Should answer most of your questions? Call DCFS quickly, I don' know how long it takes to get a center license, but it took almost 2 years to get a daycare home license. Half of that time was waiting for an orientation date in order to even apply. So call them now!
Wow, they must have changed something since I got licensed. I applied, got inspected, and was up and running in less than 30 days. Of course, I have been licensed for 18 years. Shoot. Now I feel old .
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-10-2010, 07:45 AM
My Daycare's Avatar
My Daycare My Daycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAngels View Post
Wow, they must have changed something since I got licensed. I applied, got inspected, and was up and running in less than 30 days. Of course, I have been licensed for 18 years. Shoot. Now I feel old .
Congrats!!!

Yeah, seems they changed a lot. A friend of mine was licensed 5 years ago and it took her only about about 5 months.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,755
Default

Okay I also have a few questions:

1. Is there another word for synonym?
2. If a mute swears does his mother wash his hands with soap?
3. What would a chair look like if our knees bent the other way?
4. If it is zero degrees outside and it is suppose to be twice as cold tomorrow; how cold is it going to be?
5. Why are they called apartments when they are stuck together?
6. Whose cruel idea was it for the word lisp to have an "s" in it?
7. How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work?
8. If convenience stores are open 24/7, 365 day a year, why are there locks on the doors?
9. Why are there flotation devices under your airplane seats and not parachutes?
10. Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
11. Why does Hawaii have interstates?
12. Why don't sheep shrink in the rain?
13. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
14. Why isn't phonetic spelled the wayit sounds?
15. Isn't it a bit unsettling that Dr's call what they do "practice"?
16. When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?
17. Why are there five syllables in the word "monosyllabic"
18. When you open a bag of cotton balls are you suppose to throw away the first one?
19. Where do forest rangers go to get away from it all?
20. Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing liquid contains real lemon?

Thanks for your help...I'd really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:20 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Okay I also have a few questions:

1. Is there another word for synonym?
2. If a mute swears does his mother wash his hands with soap?
3. What would a chair look like if our knees bent the other way?
4. If it is zero degrees outside and it is suppose to be twice as cold tomorrow; how cold is it going to be?
5. Why are they called apartments when they are stuck together?
6. Whose cruel idea was it for the word lisp to have an "s" in it?
7. How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work?
8. If convenience stores are open 24/7, 365 day a year, why are there locks on the doors?
9. Why are there flotation devices under your airplane seats and not parachutes?
10. Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
11. Why does Hawaii have interstates?
12. Why don't sheep shrink in the rain?
13. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
14. Why isn't phonetic spelled the wayit sounds?
15. Isn't it a bit unsettling that Dr's call what they do "practice"?
16. When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?
17. Why are there five syllables in the word "monosyllabic"
18. When you open a bag of cotton balls are you suppose to throw away the first one?
19. Where do forest rangers go to get away from it all?
20. Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing liquid contains real lemon?

Thanks for your help...I'd really appreciate it.


whahahahahaa
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:25 AM
missnikki's Avatar
missnikki missnikki is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,037
Default

I have a question for Thomas:

Would you send your child to a center whose director learned his chops on an internet forum?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:36 AM
MyAngels's Avatar
MyAngels MyAngels is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Okay I also have a few questions:

1. Is there another word for synonym?
2. If a mute swears does his mother wash his hands with soap?
3. What would a chair look like if our knees bent the other way?
4. If it is zero degrees outside and it is suppose to be twice as cold tomorrow; how cold is it going to be?
5. Why are they called apartments when they are stuck together?
6. Whose cruel idea was it for the word lisp to have an "s" in it?
7. How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work?
8. If convenience stores are open 24/7, 365 day a year, why are there locks on the doors?
9. Why are there flotation devices under your airplane seats and not parachutes?
10. Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
11. Why does Hawaii have interstates?
12. Why don't sheep shrink in the rain?
13. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
14. Why isn't phonetic spelled the wayit sounds?
15. Isn't it a bit unsettling that Dr's call what they do "practice"?
16. When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?
17. Why are there five syllables in the word "monosyllabic"
18. When you open a bag of cotton balls are you suppose to throw away the first one?
19. Where do forest rangers go to get away from it all?
20. Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing liquid contains real lemon?

Thanks for your help...I'd really appreciate it.
I'm ROFLMAO!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 7,366
Default

We have articles on Daycare.com but I fail to recall which one Thomas is referring to. Perhaps he will chime back in. Maybe he read one of the pdf from the State Standards section?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-14-2012, 02:40 PM
TGPII
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deal on the job fell through. I am looking for a job. If you could close this threa

Deal on the job fell through. I am looking for a job. If you could close this threat that would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
director, illinois

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Expecting #2 Questions meli829 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 11-22-2010 11:32 AM
A Few Questions for Providers dgis967 Parents and Guardians Forum 3 10-13-2010 08:05 AM
New to Daycare and I Have a Few Questions Christophina Daycare and Taxes 8 08-20-2010 03:38 PM
A Few Questions..... Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 05-10-2010 05:14 AM
Florida Providers I have a Couple Questions for You ghostlykisses Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 02-28-2010 06:32 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:54 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming