Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default An Idea That Might Work In Lots Of Ways

I found an idea where you make a simple cube shape, using 6 6" squares of cardstock, taping them together with packing tape after stuffing with newspaper(still not very sturdy so it won't last long if kids think stepping on it is fun). We made one and created a different physical activity for each side. Then they roll or toss like a dice, and do what it lands on. They had a ball! But then I'm thinking, wonder if it would work if I made separate cubes for things like clean-up time, such as pick up all the books, put all the babies to bed, etc.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Blossoms Blooming

Oh that is a cute idea! I like this Yes, clean up cube is brilliant. Or jobs like line leader, door holder, snack helper, etc.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

reminds me of a toy/game we have. Not sure if the one I have is this exact brand but its the same concept as this…. http://www.amazon.com/Thinkfun-Roll-.../dp/B0070A9OUA

You have a soft colored cube and the cards have a color and activity on them - so if it lands on red everyone has to stomp their feet, on green clap their hands, blue spin around, etc. etc.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

I made something like this, only mine is big. I used a box with sides about 12 inches square. I used packing tape to affix a different color of construction paper to each side. Then I wrote a different "exercise" on each square, like hop on one foot, hop backwards, run in place, stuff like that. My dcks love it! They can't read the instructions, but absolutely love having an excuse to throw a big box! We call it the exercise box.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Discovery Toys has one made of fabric that has a different color on each side. When tossed and color on top child chooses a corresponding card from pile and performs the activity.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I found an idea where you make a simple cube shape, using 6 6" squares of cardstock, taping them together with packing tape after stuffing with newspaper(still not very sturdy so it won't last long if kids think stepping on it is fun). We made one and created a different physical activity for each side. Then they roll or toss like a dice, and do what it lands on. They had a ball! But then I'm thinking, wonder if it would work if I made separate cubes for things like clean-up time, such as pick up all the books, put all the babies to bed, etc.
Using it for clean up time is genius! I'm making one tomorrow, my kiddos have been awful at picking up after themselves since the holidays.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

Stealing as well! Love it!!!

Tags
activities