Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>We Figured Out Why DCbaby Keeps Having Blow-Outs At My House!
crazydaycarelady 02:36 PM 03-27-2015
I am actually surprised dcm told me this!

She told me that they finally figured out why dcbaby keeps having blow-outs here. She said they have been bringing crappy diapers over here and using different ones at home. Well, last night they used a crappy one at home and BLOWOUT!

Why do they bring crappy diapers to daycare? It's their kid no matter where it is at!
Thriftylady 02:38 PM 03-27-2015
They do it because they are not the ones that have to deal with it. I hope you set her straight.
daycare 02:42 PM 03-27-2015
wow that really is not fair to the kid or to you......BUT I used to think that when my oldest was in childcare that they used his diapers on other kids when they ran out and I felt like i was replacing them non-stop.

I would tell dcm. I need diapers that are going to contain the stool, or I will be forced to have to send home every time this happens.

i want to reassure you that the diapers you provide are ONLY for your child, so please send supplies that will prevent him from being sent home.
daycarediva 02:47 PM 03-27-2015
THIS is why I raised rates and supply them myself. Cheap, wrong size diapers/pullups. YUCK!
sahm1225 06:32 PM 03-27-2015
When my ds was in daycare, I always bought brand name diapers for daycare and kept the genetic at home. I didn't want daycare to think I was cheap
cheerfuldom 06:55 AM 03-28-2015
i have a lot of parents use one brand at home and a cheap brand at daycare. i think that is weird.
Thriftylady 07:03 AM 03-28-2015
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
i have a lot of parents use one brand at home and a cheap brand at daycare. i think that is weird.
Not really. Most of the time we use more at daycare since we have them for more awake hours. They use far less at home if they work full time.
AuntTami 11:54 AM 03-28-2015
I wonder if maybe she didn't realize they were crappy diapers? Maybe she just bought them because they were cheaper and she didn't realize? I have a lot of parents that use the target ones at daycare and buggies or pampers at home because we do use a lot more during the day than they do in the evenings, so it would make sense. But not all diapers work for all kids, so maybe?
Unregistered 03:53 PM 03-28-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Not really. Most of the time we use more at daycare since we have them for more awake hours. They use far less at home if they work full time.
It is not weird, but it is rude, imo. If I spend more time dealing with diapers and the consequences of using crappy ones, then I should be provided the better ones, and they should keep the other ones for themselves. Or better yet, they could do their provider the courtesy of buying the diapers that work best for their child, rather than trying to save money at the expense of the provider's carpet.
AmyLeigh 10:34 PM 03-28-2015
Sorry, its late, but I'm laughing at the term, crappy diapers. Pun intended?
Thriftylady 07:30 AM 03-29-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It is not weird, but it is rude, imo. If I spend more time dealing with diapers and the consequences of using crappy ones, then I should be provided the better ones, and they should keep the other ones for themselves. Or better yet, they could do their provider the courtesy of buying the diapers that work best for their child, rather than trying to save money at the expense of the provider's carpet.
I agree with you here, I just figure that is why they do it, not that it is right.
Unregistered 09:48 AM 03-29-2015
I had the same thing happen with one of those nose syringes for a congested infant. Dcd bragged that I was given the one that doesn't work as well, and he kept the better one at home. I never used it anyway, but since his son was with me from 7:00am to 6:00pm, five days a week, I never understood why he was so pleased with his own selfishness and didn't just take the better one home each evening.
Sugaree 05:26 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
I wonder if maybe she didn't realize they were crappy diapers? Maybe she just bought them because they were cheaper and she didn't realize? I have a lot of parents that use the target ones at daycare and buggies or pampers at home because we do use a lot more during the day than they do in the evenings, so it would make sense. But not all diapers work for all kids, so maybe?
What do you think of the Luvs? I send those to daycare, but we use cloth at home, so I kind of assumed that blowouts were just part of using disposables.
JoseyJo 06:53 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Sugaree:
What do you think of the Luvs? I send those to daycare, but we use cloth at home, so I kind of assumed that blowouts were just part of using disposables.
IMO, blowouts should be very rare, mostly when a child is sick and has explosive diarrhea. They are definitely (or should definitely) be less-blowout prone than cloth!

The brand does make a difference, and fit depends on the child. If your child is having blowouts regularly with luvs I would try a different brand. Play around with it (not wastefully, just try a different brand each time you buy) until you find the one that works best.

I find that organics and the cheaper brands tend to be more blowout/leak prone. For my child huggies are the least blowout/leak prone, and worth the extra cost in the cleaning savings of clothing and PNP mat!
nanglgrl 06:57 AM 03-30-2015
I love Luvs but I've heard from a lot of people that don't. I HATE huggies movers. I call them pull-ups pretending to be diapers. A client brought them for her child and didn't undertand my problem with them but I noticed that the child always arrived in a different brand.
Unregistered 07:10 AM 03-30-2015
When we had a kiddo in daycare we would send cheaper ones because the daycare's policy was to change diapers once every hr and we were going through tons.
Martha Stewart 07:12 AM 03-30-2015
Most of my DCP send the bulk buy diapers from Costco or Target for use here, but the DCKs arrive wearing Huggies and Pampers. I do think it has to to do with my changing them so frequently and parents not wanting to spend more money. I have one parent who sends the wrong size routinely, and that's frustrating too.
Sugaree 07:19 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
IMO, blowouts should be very rare, mostly when a child is sick and has explosive diarrhea. They are definitely (or should definitely) be less-blowout prone than cloth!

The brand does make a difference, and fit depends on the child. If your child is having blowouts regularly with luvs I would try a different brand. Play around with it (not wastefully, just try a different brand each time you buy) until you find the one that works best.

I find that organics and the cheaper brands tend to be more blowout/leak prone. For my child huggies are the least blowout/leak prone, and worth the extra cost in the cleaning savings of clothing and PNP mat!
My experience is that I've never had a blowout with cloth. Not even when he had a stomach virus. At this point we aren't having problems with blowouts at daycare since he's eating solid foods, but he was having 1-2 a month when he was still exclusively breastfed.
Martha Stewart 07:22 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I love Luvs but I've heard from a lot of people that don't. I HATE huggies movers. I call them pull-ups pretending to be diapers. A client brought them for her child and didn't undertand my problem with them but I noticed that the child always arrived in a different brand.
I had a mom bring the Huggies Movers for her 18 month old. I sent them back home that night and told her I wouldn't use them, to please bring something else, or she could reimburse me and I would purchase more appropriate diapers. THose things are awful.
crazydaycarelady 08:22 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by :
I wonder if maybe she didn't realize they were crappy diapers?
She knew because she said they had a few cases of the kind they hated so they were bringing those over here.
AuntTami 08:27 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
She knew because she said they had a few cases of the kind they hated so they were bringing those over here.
Oh. That's absolutely wronf
Reply Up