Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Taking a Break
N_Provider 12:02 AM 04-09-2019
After 15 years in childcare, I have developed an injury to my arm from repetitive lifting. In lieu of my annual summer vacation, I wanted to take 30 days off to rest and heal. How does this work with Community Care Lic in Ca. Pending 2 newborns when I return that will be added to our dc group.
Cat Herder 05:40 AM 04-09-2019
I'm not in California, but here it would be considered "Summer Break" and only require notification to your inspector so they know not to come for inspection during your closure. Same as any other vacation.

Also, know they may still come by briefly for a head count because some have tried to use this as a way to hide short term over-ratios in the past.
N_Provider 07:55 PM 04-09-2019
Thanks so much for that information...I will go that route.
ardeur 12:18 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by N_Provider:
After 15 years in childcare, I have developed an injury to my arm from repetitive lifting. In lieu of my annual summer vacation, I wanted to take 30 days off to rest and heal. How does this work with Community Care Lic in Ca. Pending 2 newborns when I return that will be added to our dc group.
You need to send in LIC9211 to licensing. The form is pretty self-explanatory. Just puts you on inactive status for the dates of your choosing. You will still owe all licensing fees.
Tags:california - regulations, time off
Reply Up