Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weirdest Thing??
Blackcat31 07:25 AM 10-22-2010
Okay, while reading the thread about a hungry baby being dropped off, I noticed a poster who said a parent made a request to have their child completely fed and ready at pick up. This got me thinkin'.......(this could be dangerous.....) what is the weirdest request you have had a parent make to you?
me? I had a mom bring her 3 yr old daughter into care in the wee hours of the morning, like 5 a.m. and the dcg was wrapped in a blanket. Mom handed her over to me. I thought she was sleeping. Nope, she was covered in vomit! Mom says: "She threw up in the middle of the night and I don't have time to bathe her....." She tried to hand me clothes etc. (Her kids usually came early in pj's and dressed after they were fully awake)
I immediately handed her back and was like, "Seriously??!?" Any ways, it turns out that the little girl had an ear infection and her ear drum had ruptured and she was throwing up because of it. Long story short....this mom was very young and lots of calls had been made to dhs because of her. She ended up getting her ducks in a row and all is well now. This all happened back in 1997. So I am curious...what is the weirdest, strangest request a parent has asked of you?
MarinaVanessa 08:37 AM 10-22-2010
I have a DCM that is never here on time (8am-6pm but usually gets here anywhere from 9am-10:30 sometimes noon). Doesn't really bother me because she pays extra to have freedom with her schedule and hey, she pays for the spot and I close at 6pm so if she misses out on a few hours that's up to her.

Anyway when my DD started school this September DCM told me (yes told me, not asked me) that it was okay with her if I wanted to stop by her house at 8am after dropping my DD off at school to pick up her son. Her actual words were "You know, you can just drive over to my house and pick him up after you drop off [my daughter] at school. I am paying for 50 hours a week".

I just pretty much said that if she wanted him at daycare at 8am she could drop him off at 8am and that I would be there for sure, otherwise I would continue with my routine of taking her to school and staying until school started (the other DCK's were allowed to play on the playground with other school kids in the morning). Like it's my responsibility to make sure your child is at my daycare on time lol. You pay for 50 hours week and you don't get your 50 hours because you always run late for whatever reason, not my issue ... not my fault. Not to mention the fact that my DD's school is the halfway point between my house and her house which means that I'd be driving out of my way. No way. Not for you, not for anyone.
PB&J 09:50 AM 05-03-2021
I’m sad that this thread from 2010 never got off the ground!

(Mine was a mom who randomly and without warning brought her 17-month old in a pull-up because she “heard others were starting to potty train, so it will be easy for you guys to do her too”. I told her that the others were over 2.5 years old…and in another group, in another room. She said “well can’t you just do what they’re doin?” Yes. When she is over two, showing readiness, and in the other room.)
daycarediva 10:56 AM 05-04-2021
Why did this thread die? it's a great idea!

Bc that's wild.

Where is MV?

Here's mine---- from this week.

Dck is going to private school for Kindergarten. Dcm wants me to license my personal vehicle for transportation, (she checked online, it will seat enough kids to take 1/2 and leave assistant with 1/2), obtain carseats, licensing nightmare with transportation, obtain insurance for this purpose, etc etc to bring her child back and forth to his private school (no transportation offered). At a reduced rate because he will be here fewer hours.

I just got nothing.
e.j. 05:48 PM 05-04-2021
The only thing I can think of is the parent who asked me to "help" her constipated child by using a Q-tip to dig it out if she was having a hard time expelling the poop herself. That was a "Nope!"
Tags:potty training, potty training age, potty training policy
Reply Up