Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Birthday Parties
Misslexi 04:34 AM 03-22-2019
I've been debating whether or not to invite my dcks to my sons 2nd birthday. He's really close to one of them but I dont want to cross any boundaries. Plus if I invite one I have to invite them all.
Ariana 04:45 AM 03-22-2019
I think at 2 he likely won’t notice too much if he is not there and a good alternative is to have a little daycare party with his “daycare friends”.
Misslexi 04:57 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I think at 2 he likely won’t notice too much if he is not there and a good alternative is to have a little daycare party with his “daycare friends”.
That's a great idea
Snowmom 06:05 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Yes!
If I had it to do over again, I would do this no matter what age. My kids are 8-12 now. We did the daycare families a couple times when they were younger and I wish I hadn't. They tend to think we're friends and as you mentioned, the lines get blurred.

Now I have a set of social rules for myself/business:
1. No facebook/twitter friending until after the family leaves my care.
2. No accepting invitations for birthdays, MLM parties or other parties unless unavoidable (neighborhood/block parties).
3. Business first- no trading services
rosieteddy 07:39 AM 03-22-2019
I always had the daycare parties at daycare.Afternoon snack we would have a cupcake and I would give a gift (even to my own child).Sometimes we made party hats at are and craft time and wore them.Usually I chose a lunch I new was a favorite of the birthday child.They also got to be "first,helper ,pick the first story ect.The one year I invited DC kids they were confused about rules and DC room ect.To confusing and really I didn't want the lines blurred.Have party at DC,then a family ,friend party separate is my advice.If you start with this party no one will expect different.
Jupadia 10:10 AM 03-22-2019
I've invite daycare kids to my boys parties. But part of this is out of their requests, my first really wanted his friend at his 3rd birthday so I invited the kids. Now it's become tradition with my second to invite them, but I only invite the ones in the same age grouping. The exception for that is my oldest has 2 boys he still friends with who dont come anymore but has contact with, cause they come to pick up younger brothers with parents so I've included the younger brothers for the older kid parties but the younger ones play with my youngest so I have that age group already at the party. (Sorry about the run on sentence).

We (my boys) have been invited to these kids b days in return and we have gone.

I dont mind it, but it can blur lines a bit. The parents of these kids have also never caused issues so I have a good relationship with them. I would not invite them otherwise.
knoxmomof2 08:18 AM 03-26-2019
My oldest were 8 and 9 when I started doing child care, so it wasn't an issue. I now have a 16 month old little one. I didn't bother last year because she was too young to care, but I will handle her birthday with the daycare just like I do the others : special pin for the day and cupcakes at snack. I buy the others a gift, but send it home for them to open to avoid fighting or jealousy so no issue there. That will be how I handle the whole birthday party and dck issue, then again we usually just celebrate birthdays as a family - special meal or activity out and a cake. I like the idea above about a special lunch menu for the birthday kid!

If I'm invited to dcks birthday parties, I go! I just save their gift for their party. I'm honored they would include me, but I only keep 4 so it's not that crazy for me.
Puhovpeny 01:24 AM 03-24-2022
The thread's old, but I've been thinking about the same issue. My boy is turning 2 this Sunday, and I could not decide whether to invite his daycare friends to the party.
Tags:birthday invitation, birthday party
Reply Up