Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Disinfecting?
CountryRoads 09:19 AM 03-17-2020
I'm getting down to the last little bit of Lysol. As you can imagine, I'm having a hard time getting more

This isn't what I use to sanitize, just a spray down at the end of the day.

I found some DIY sprays, but they involved Vodka, which I'm not sure would be okay to use in daycare?

Do you do anything different?
Cat Herder 09:52 AM 03-17-2020
I removed all the wooden toys from the playroom since I can't soak them and we have not had sunshine in forever with none in the forecast for the next few weeks. I cycled back in all the plastic blocks, gears gears gears sets and bristle blocks.

Everything else is bleach soak or bleach water mist, wipe and air dry. I am also using odoban to disinfect.

I am saving my citrace spray for light switches, keyboards, doorknobs and garbage cans.
jenboo 10:13 AM 03-17-2020
I spray everything with bleach water and air dry.
At the end of the day, soft toys are getting tossed in the washer and hard toys get dunked in bleach water
CountryRoads 10:18 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I spray everything with bleach water and air dry.
At the end of the day, soft toys are getting tossed in the washer and hard toys get dunked in bleach water
I sprayed everything with bleach water one time, and I think I must've used too much spray because it crystallized on everything! Maybe I'll try doing just a fine mist this time
Cat Herder 10:44 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I sprayed everything with bleach water one time, and I think I must've used too much spray because it crystallized on everything! Maybe I'll try doing just a fine mist this time
That was with a one to ten concentration? You may have mixed it too strong. Those concentrated forms for laundry use can get tricky with the math.
Michael 11:29 AM 03-17-2020
Windex can work when supplies run out. I use it on everything.
Rockgirl 11:34 AM 03-17-2020
I’ve minimized the toys available to the children. I’ve been running some through the dishwasher on the sanitize cycle. Others, I wash, then spray with Odoban. I’ve been walking around with disinfecting wipes while the kids play, wiping down surfaces.
Meeko 11:36 AM 03-17-2020
I use mesh laundry bags and run anything I can through my dishwasher on the hot cycle with bleach. Lego etc. For the rest of the house, I have a mix of Odaban, Pinesol, 409 etc. And good ol' bleach. I have some disinfecting wipes too.
284878 08:20 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I'm getting down to the last little bit of Lysol. As you can imagine, I'm having a hard time getting more

This isn't what I use to sanitize, just a spray down at the end of the day.

I found some DIY sprays, but they involved Vodka, which I'm not sure would be okay to use in daycare?

Do you do anything different?
Vinegar with tea tree oil and lemon grass oil is a recipe that I came across. I use vinegar all the time, for laundry, dishes and cleaner.
flying_babyb 05:13 PM 03-19-2020
Odaban on everything. bleach and water spray on furniture (thats not cloth). Every plastic toy goes into the sanitizer daily (so that means the kids get a whole day with no toys...) The stuffed stuff has gone through the washer pretty much everyday. I was so desperate to keep the kids buzy tonight, we pulled out pop up tents LOL
flying_babyb 09:32 AM 03-22-2020
Also check out big lots they had LOTS of lysol and clorex yesterday at mine!
cathen 05:23 AM 07-01-2021
All daycare facilities must follow health and safety rules while disinfecting. You can wash things like toys and beds with hot water and soap. Prepare a fresh bleach solution to disinfect the surface areas. To save time you can make use of dishwashers and washing machines to disinfect bedding.
Moreover, it is essential to learn how to disinfect a daycare to kill viruses. During the pandemic season, disinfection is especially important since little hands may spread diseases fast.
Investing in disinfecting services save money on supplies and cleaning products.
Regardless of how much you pay, it will be worth it. In the long term, you will save money.
Tags:sanitizer, windex
Reply Up