Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Time to Talk with Parent
Unregistered 05:56 AM 05-06-2021
How to talk to parents about holding their baby all the time?

She’s 5 months old and I can’t put her down for any length of time before she screamed to be held. She’s not very strong yet either hardly ever rolls over.

What would you say to the parents?
Cat Herder 06:17 AM 05-06-2021
Nothing.

I would put her down in the floor with toys the majority of the day.
284878 07:37 AM 05-06-2021
Come join us at the new site

https://forum.daycare.com
girlmomma 02:08 PM 05-06-2021
I had to term a 7 month old because the child would not stop crying. She too was developmentally delayed.

The mom was young, first time mom, lived at home with her parents. On more than one occasion, the mom, grandma, and great grandma all made comments about how they have “a lot of hands to pass (child) to at home.” When I asked them to work on holding her less at home, suddenly the child was like a hot potato. No one ever held her, she played on the floor with her toys by herself, etc.

After 8 weeks of hearing her scream at the top of her lungs, I finally got the courage to term her. That was the first time I had a great grandma cuss me out because “with as much money as I make” I should be able to deal with it.
Unregistered 10:58 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by girlmomma:
I had to term a 7 month old because the child would not stop crying. She too was developmentally delayed.

The mom was young, first time mom, lived at home with her parents. On more than one occasion, the mom, grandma, and great grandma all made comments about how they have “a lot of hands to pass (child) to at home.” When I asked them to work on holding her less at home, suddenly the child was like a hot potato. No one ever held her, she played on the floor with her toys by herself, etc.

After 8 weeks of hearing her scream at the top of her lungs, I finally got the courage to term her. That was the first time I had a great grandma cuss me out because “with as much money as I make” I should be able to deal with it.

In 2010, I worked in a HeadStart. Since it is a government run agency, they posted salaries online with your full name. One time, a parent questioned me about not doing certain projects. I replied "If I do something out of the curriculum, I have to buy supplies". The reply I got was "I know you make XK a year!". It was my salary.
girlmomma 06:13 AM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
In 2010, I worked in a HeadStart. Since it is a government run agency, they posted salaries online with your full name. One time, a parent questioned me about not doing certain projects. I replied "If I do something out of the curriculum, I have to buy supplies". The reply I got was "I know you make XK a year!". It was my salary.
RUDE! I don’t like when parents think that just because they pay us X amount of money and judging by the number of children we have, they think we’re millionaires and we’re expected to deal with anything. My groups and my mental health always comes first. No amount of money will ever make me want to hear a child scream for hours on end. I run my home daycare as an LLC and I pay taxes. I promise you, I break even. I’m literally a SAHM that buys toys and puts food on the table
Hunni Bee 07:10 AM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

Why would they post that type of info online?? That has nothing to do with the children or parents!
Tags:clingy, holding baby, infant - behavior, infant play space
Reply Up