Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Problem
Unregistered 08:19 AM 05-19-2021
Got an email this morning from my food program saying they mailed questionnaires to my daycare families and they haven’t responded. They will kick the children of families that don’t respond off the food program.

Umm I can’t make them respond they want me to ask the parent to fill it out and I take a picture of it and email it to them.

This makes me so mad I almost want to quit the food program.
Cat Herder 08:24 AM 05-19-2021
I'd ask one of the parents to bring me a copy to see what they are asking. It may be too invasive.
Cat Herder 08:39 AM 05-19-2021
I found a sample of it online. The state of New Jersey did not play hide and seek. https://www.nj.gov/agriculture/divis...vey%20Form.pdf

It does say that the kids will not be denied benefits if they don't respond. It does not say your provider won't be denied benefits, though.

Dear (parent/guardian name):
Hello, I represent (agency) __________. Your child care provider, (name here) _____________,
receives reimbursement from the New Jersey Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) for the
meals served to your child(ren)’s. In order to ensure program integrity, we will occasionally conduct
a household survey to verify your child(ren)’s attendance. Your participation in this survey will help
us in maintaining the integrity of the CACFP.
Your child will not be denied benefits if you decide not to participate in this survey.
Should you have questions regarding this survey, you may contact (sponsor contact person)
___________ at (telephone number of sponsor contact person) ___________________.
Thank you in advance for helping us complete this survey and verify your child(ren)’s participation
in the CAC

1. Are you aware that your provider/center participates in the USDA, CACFP?
2. Is the child(ren) still in care at the provider/center noted above?
3. If yes, how many days in the month of____________ was your child(ren) in attendance?
__________.
4. If no longer attending, what was the last day/month for day care? ___________________
5. Name(s) and age(s) of child(ren) in care.__________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________
6. Is the child(ren) related to provider/staff?
If yes, what is the relationship? ________________________________________________
7. What is the regular school schedule (hours) for the child(ren)? ______________________
8. Was your child(ren) in attendance during the month(s) of _________________________?
9. Were there any days your child(ren) was not in care due to illness, vacation,
appointments, etc., during the month of_____________?
If yes, describe. ____________________________________________________________
10. Is your child(ren) in care on weekends? OR: Was your child in care during weekends for
the month of ___________________________________?
11. Is your child(ren) in care on holidays? OR: Was your child in care during the holidays?
12. What hour(s) is your child(ren) usually in care?____________________________________
13. What meal(s) are usually serve to your child(ren)?__________________________________
Jo123ABC 08:06 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Got an email this morning from my food program saying they mailed questionnaires to my daycare families and they haven’t responded. They will kick the children of families that don’t respond off the food program.

Umm I can’t make them respond they want me to ask the parent to fill it out and I take a picture of it and email it to them.

This makes me so mad I almost want to quit the food program.
I'd call them, speak to the director not your regional representative. Call them out on it.
Unregistered 04:44 PM 05-29-2021
Regarding the NJ quesitonaire above as a NJ parent I wouldn't answer it either. Unless my child is receiving daycare assistant I don't feel its any of NJ business when my child was or wasn't in daycare, when, how long ect.
Unregistered 11:54 AM 05-31-2021
Anyone know what I need to do to quit the food program? It is no longer worth the hassle. Is their a form I fill out and mail them or do I just write something up myself?
Cat Herder 12:19 PM 05-31-2021
Anyone know what I need to do to quit the food program? It is no longer worth the hassle. Is their a form I fill out and mail them or do I just write something up myself?
I just stopped submitting claims, the rest handled itself.
e.j. 11:03 AM 06-01-2021
I just wrote up a quick letter stating that I would no longer be a part of the program as of (the date) and mailed it in.
284878 10:12 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I just stopped submitting claims, the rest handled itself.
This is what I would do if I were to quit and then when they contacted me for renewal I would just opt to not sign.
Tags:food program, food program - questionnaire
Reply Up