Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can't Access New Forum
coloradoprovider 02:03 PM 06-15-2021
I was able to access about 2 weeks ago, but can't now. When I click on the above box "check out our new forum!" it says something like access to user forum denied and I don't have user rights to view page. Um, don't have a clue what the problem is or how to fix it.
Unregistered 02:09 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by coloradoprovider:
I was able to access about 2 weeks ago, but can't now. When I click on the above box "check out our new forum!" it says something like access to user forum denied and I don't have user rights to view page. Um, don't have a clue what the problem is or how to fix it.
Michael said something on the new forum about doing some changes to it or something? He said it may be down temporarily and to use the old forum in the meantime
Cat Herder 02:34 PM 06-15-2021
It is down for repairs. Stay tuned.
Michael 03:07 PM 06-15-2021
I officially blew up the new forum. Without getting too technical I have three daycare forums I am trying to help me get to where I need to go.

This old forum (hurray it still works since 2007!)

The new forum (which as you know was having some issues) https://forum.daycare.com

and the newest forum that is really an older version of this program between the other two in its evolution. https://forums.daycare.com

2007/2014/2021

Well, I uploaded the HUGE 2007 database from this forum into the new 2021 forum

They don't like each other and are so different that it would be like trying to put a gasoline engine into a Tesla. haha

So, I have several things I can try. I do have backups of everything. Bear with me on this. I have been slaving over this for the last two weeks every day. I will be an expert at this by the time I'm finished since I have broken and fixed just about everything technically along the way.

Have faith. It may be a couple minutes, hours or days.
Blackcat31 06:16 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Michael:
I officially blew up the new forum. Without getting too technical I have three daycare forums I am trying to help me get to where I need to go.

This old forum (hurray it still works since 2007!)

The new forum (which as you know was having some issues) https://forum.daycare.com

and the newest forum that is really an older version of this program between the other two in its evolution. https://forums.daycare.com

2007/2014/2021

Well, I uploaded the HUGE 2007 database from this forum into the new 2021 forum

They don't like each other and are so different that it would be like trying to put a gasoline engine into a Tesla. haha

So, I have several things I can try. I do have backups of everything. Bear with me on this. I have been slaving over this for the last two weeks every day. I will be an expert at this by the time I'm finished since I have broken and fixed just about everything technically along the way.

Have faith. It may be a couple minutes, hours or days.
You can do it!

We are pros at patience!
Former Teacher 06:17 PM 06-15-2021
Thank goodness it wasn't just me!
Josiegirl 02:50 AM 06-16-2021
Cannot imagine the frustration this must cause you Michael. But thank you for persevering!!
Michael 12:49 PM 06-16-2021
I've been dealing with computers, web servers and software since 1986. There is always hell to pay trying to get your head around being a webmaster. Search does help finding answers to some of the questions but there is no easy way to do it unless you want to pay someone else to do it. I like being in control of my little universe. I know it form top to bottom. Sometimes I feel like I'm dealing with the Matrix. It is an other world in the dark web.

Some trivia for you. There are 13 logical root name servers positioned around the world. They are the servers that handle all the IP and domain name addresses that make the internet navigable. Every time someone clicks on a link or moves to a web address, these servers tell the computers and routers where the content is sitting to serve up that information to your screen.

Don't know if you've seen the Matrix of Terminator trilogies but in the Terminator movie, the internet is taken over by Skynet with becomes aware using AI (artificial intelligence) and it unleashes a nuclear apocalypse on the world.

Our current internet is getting close to that power. Also, the military uses a different system. We are using the old military network that was once called Arpanet in 1966.

If our internet gets hacked or controlled by AI or a rough nation, we have a system in place to shut down the whole internet. Its a failsafe that was put in place over 10 years ago when our government realized just how big and important the internet was and how much we rely on it.

There are seven keyholders with encrypted keys that get together several times a year to review their procedures if ever needed to be implemented. While I am not one of the seven, I have been in a reserve position to one day get a key if the keyholder from the US area ever leaves or expires.

I don't think most people realize what an entity the internet has become. It is aware and reacts like a digital metabolism of the planet.

When you get the chance, watch this clip from the Terminator of when Skynet becomes aware. (caution: it gets violent at the end) AI is going to be a very interesting partner in the near future. We always have to be its master.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wlsd9mljiU
Cat Herder 01:35 PM 06-16-2021
And.... now I am wondering if I should be stashing cash in the woods like my ancestors since everything I have is now digital.
Michael 01:55 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
And.... now I am wondering if I should be stashing cash in the woods like my ancestors since everything I have is now digital.
…and with crypto, paper currency may go the way of the DoDo bird.
Hey, as long as AI has a need for us, we’re good. In the Matrix movie, AI used humans as batteries.

I really can be an optimist if I try.
Blackcat31 06:09 PM 06-16-2021
I suppose this is why “terrorists” are digital now…
(Hitting the Colonial Pipeline etc…)

Interesting topic and definitely one worthy of discussion as everyone (literally) uses the internet for something.
Cat Herder 04:10 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I suppose this is why “terrorists” are digital now…
(Hitting the Colonial Pipeline etc…)

Interesting topic and definitely one worthy of discussion as everyone (literally) uses the internet for something.
Yes. I literally searched "crypto education" to learn a bit as I am lost. I tried to watch a lecture on bitcoin but am still lost as to how a warehouse full of little box fans can mine income or complete transactions. What kind of transaction? Like for the mob? It is not sinking in, my head is not wrapping around it.

I did find this interesting tidbit: "In addition to Learn & Earn, crypto education is progressing in various U.S. states. Most recently, the Georgia House of Representatives passed a bill that requires financial literacy courses in high school curricula. The bill was sponsored by six State House candidates and has been sent to the State Senate for further consideration."

Clearly, it is coming. I need to be educated and ready, too. Khan, take me away.
Cat Herder 06:59 AM 06-26-2021
Today the new forum won't allow me to log in.

Is it just me?
flying_babyb 08:14 AM 06-26-2021
@cathearder
Me too! I cant log in

On a unrelated note: I love your name, Are you a crazy cat lady like me?
Cat Herder 09:02 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
@cathearder
Me too! I cant log in

On a unrelated note: I love your name, Are you a crazy cat lady like me?
Ironically, I have dogs. It is from the old saying "Raising kids is like herding cats."

I cats, I just have too many wolves and foxes on my property to have them. All my neighbors have barn cats, but they rarely last two years. I don't have the heart for that and I have never had a cat that did not demand to go out and lay in the sunlight and enjoy the fresh air.
Michael 10:57 AM 06-26-2021
I have someone working on the forum. Hopefully they are fixing it and not breaking it!
Michael 11:04 AM 06-26-2021
The new forum is fixed. Check and see if any previous issues are resolved.
Annalee 01:38 PM 06-26-2021
I can't login
Michael 07:29 PM 06-26-2021
I sent you a password reminder
Annalee 09:40 PM 06-26-2021
I can log in on my phone but not my laptop???
Annalee 09:46 PM 06-26-2021
My bad!!!! Restarted my laptop and I was able to log in.
Michael 01:14 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Annalee:
My bad!!!! Restarted my laptop and I was able to log in.
Great!
Josiegirl 02:58 AM 06-27-2021
I've tried resetting my password twice and it says something about my address/username or password not being correct. Argh. I'm so inept.
Annalee 05:45 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I've tried resetting my password twice and it says something about my address/username or password not being correct. Argh. I'm so inept.
try restarting your computer....that fixed my problem
Cat Herder 06:17 AM 06-27-2021
I restarted, cleared cache and still am unable to login as well. It does not say anything. I click the login box, the page jumps a bit and the login box goes away.

I also changed my password through the email reset link, still the same. I will try again, tomorrow.
Michael 10:19 AM 06-27-2021
Okay, let me try to clear the forum cache.
flying_babyb 03:58 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Ironically, I have dogs. It is from the old saying "Raising kids is like herding cats."

I cats, I just have too many wolves and foxes on my property to have them. All my neighbors have barn cats, but they rarely last two years. I don't have the heart for that and I have never had a cat that did not demand to go out and lay in the sunlight and enjoy the fresh air.
odd, mine dont! Mine are oddly content in our 600 sq ft apartment (but I do have tons of windows). Mabey the difference is there city cats lol

Edited: Still cant log in
Cat Herder 06:06 PM 06-27-2021
odd, mine dont! Mine are oddly content in our 600 sq ft apartment (but I do have tons of windows). Mabey the difference is there city cats lol

Edited: Still cant log in
I should clarify, I have always had Maine Coon cats. They are my favorite breed.

The forum is working, now. You should probably be able to log in, now.
Josiegirl 03:18 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Annalee:
try restarting your computer....that fixed my problem
Tried that. All I keep getting is this:

"The address that you have used to request a new password is not valid. Please request a new password be sent to you by using this link."

So then I go through the whole reset password thing again and get the same thing.
Mary Poppins 01:34 PM 06-28-2021
I was having trouble logging back into the new forum and I found I had to log out of this one and clear cookies to get it to work. I think because I am using the same username maybe?

I'm just glad this forum still exists even if it's a bit schizo right now. This place is a treasure trove of information and community and I know it's hard to keep up with all this tech, so thank you Michael and everyone else who helps keep it running.
Unregistered 01:51 PM 06-28-2021
I can't log in either. It just says "Logging in...", but never does. I turned off my computer, cleared cache, nothing. I also cannot log in from my phone.
Michael 02:45 AM 06-29-2021
I find that I can login with any browser BUT Chrome.
Cat Herder 04:11 AM 06-29-2021
I am using edge and am only having the emoji issue (broken screen images and won't work)

Other than that, everything is good.
Unregistered 09:27 AM 06-29-2021
I still cannot access. I've cleared everything, turned my computer on and off, I can't log in on my phone either. Any ideas??
Michael 10:18 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I still cannot access. I've cleared everything, turned my computer on and off, I can't log in on my phone either. Any ideas??
You’re talking about the new forum, right? Can you try registering again? Let me know if you can access as a new registration.
Valerie928 11:44 AM 06-29-2021
I can't log in to the new forum. I have tried everything I know.
Annalee 12:22 PM 06-29-2021
I use edge, too, and it seems all is working!
CountryRoads 01:42 PM 06-29-2021
You’re talking about the new forum, right? Can you try registering again? Let me know if you can access as a new registration.
Yes, the new forum. I was able to register (using my phone) under my other email, but it's doing the same thing. I tried both accounts and it says "Logging in.." and nothing happens.
Michael 03:00 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Yes, the new forum. I was able to register (using my phone) under my other email, but it's doing the same thing. I tried both accounts and it says "Logging in.." and nothing happens.
I can try flushing the forum cache again. You can also try doing so on you mobile or browser. If you need help doing that, let me know and can walk you through it.

Also, can I change your password so you can try that? I’ll PM it to you if your answer is yes.
flying_babyb 05:05 PM 06-29-2021
I can try flushing the forum cache again. You can also try doing so on you mobile or browser. If you need help doing that, let me know and can walk you through it.

Also, can I change your password so you can try that? I’ll PM it to you if your answer is yes.

I cant log in either, can you tell me how to flush my browser? I get the log in box, put in my infromation, click log in and it flashes and then dont log me in.
284878 10:03 PM 06-29-2021
I find that I can login with any browser BUT Chrome.
I only use Chrome but I can log in through it. I did have to clear cookies and cache for the past month.
Michael 01:08 AM 06-30-2021
I cant log in either, can you tell me how to flush my browser? I get the log in box, put in my infromation, click log in and it flashes and then dont log me in.
Depends on what browser are you using. Usually you go to the settings section in the upper right hand side of the browser. You have to go and look for either the advanced area or the security and cookies area. You should see where you should be able to clear your history, your cookies, and temp files.

Originally Posted by 284878:
I only use Chrome but I can log in through it. I did have to clear cookies and cache for the past month.
Since we did so many updates and corrections over the past few weeks it’s probably smart to clear that out of your browser. I have not been able to login on chrome but that is because I have a lot of passwords in history saved that I need. I might just bite the bullet and clear all of it out to find a solution for chrome.
Cat Herder 04:22 AM 06-30-2021
It did not let me log in until the 4th try today. I use a password manager that auto-fills. I am in now, though.
CountryRoads 08:22 AM 06-30-2021
I've tried everything. I cleared cache on my laptop and phone, I tried Samsung internet, Chrome, and tried to log in from my tablet. I created a new account using my other email. I just can't get in!
Unregistered 08:38 AM 06-30-2021
I just tried again and it let me in!
Michael 10:20 AM 06-30-2021
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I've tried everything. I cleared cache on my laptop and phone, I tried Samsung internet, Chrome, and tried to log in from my tablet. I created a new account using my other email. I just can't get in!
That is so odd. I am going to search the software maker’s forum to see if there are others that may have had the same issue to see if there is a solution..
Valerie928 11:35 AM 06-30-2021
I am able to log into the new forum but all I can do is read posts. I can't reply to anything or start a new thread. Ugh
Annalee 01:51 PM 06-30-2021
I can't log in at the moment??
CountryRoads 02:53 PM 06-30-2021
I was able to get in on my phone, but not my computer.
Annalee 06:16 PM 06-30-2021
I'm back in now!
Tags:forum problem, new forum
Reply Up