Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Autistic Child-Violent and No Boundaries
Unregistered 07:15 PM 06-16-2021
I have an autistic child 7, that im watching. From day one he has exhibited violent behavior. Pushing/punching over little toys. I have a 1 yo and he tried to put his fingers in her eyes. He also tried to hit her and looked back to see if I was looking.
He also swung at his brother as well, constantly punching him.
I have big leather couches and kids like to walk on them or make forts with blankets. I was leaning forward helping the littles and he comes up behind me and staddles me, then he has to go to the bathroom, I tell him stop doing that. He also is constantly grabbing my arms telling me they are squishy. And last time it he was here I grabbed my breast. As a sexual assault survivor I felt extremely uncomfortable!

After the violence and weird behaviors towards me I have not let him back.
Hes been suspended and after careful consideration, I decided to terminate due to the violence. Parents don't know about the boundaries and weird behavior when they can't even get control of the violence
Told the mom that he would be better in a place for autistic children or one on one.
PB&J 06:06 AM 06-17-2021
How did the mom handle the news?
Unregistered 10:57 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by PB&J:
How did the mom handle the news?
Shes taking him to the YMCA. Basically passing him around.

Never said she was sorry just that he hasn't been that bad since kindergarten. At 5 years old he was getting so mad that he had a bloody nose.
PB&J 05:42 PM 06-17-2021
Looks like you live in a zone where you can terminate for behavior. In my state, we’d have to find, arrange, and set up onsite therapy for the child. I’d like a happy medium where we can advise therapy and provide resources, but still void the contract due to inability to meet needs.
Unregistered 02:54 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by PB&J:
Looks like you live in a zone where you can terminate for behavior. In my state, we’d have to find, arrange, and set up onsite therapy for the child. I’d like a happy medium where we can advise therapy and provide resources, but still void the contract due to inability to meet needs.
They have him in therapy. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where this problem comes from as to no discipline at home, so im told.
Tags:ada, autistic, sexual behavior, training, violence in child care
Reply Up