Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Variances
Core12 11:17 AM 06-18-2021
I’m trying to find a way to add another child to be my daycare and be in ratio. I have heard of ppl getting “variances” and I would like to utilize anything I can!
284878 05:21 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Core12:
I’m trying to find a way to add another child to be my daycare and be in ratio. I have heard of ppl getting “variances” and I would like to utilize anything I can!
When I wanted to get an exception to the ratio rule I contacted my licensor. I was turned down on an overlap of 15 minutes.
But it really depends on the reason the age of the child etc. When I just opened I get a call for triplets they were under 18 months and I called for exception on the ratio and they said no because I had my own child that counted in ratio. I think that if I didn't have my child they would have said yes.
coloradoprovider 11:53 AM 06-20-2021
Here in Colorado, they're called "waivers" and there's a very specific process outlined in our state childcare system to follow. I'm sure each state is different. I know our waiver paperwork is due before the last week of the month, then the waiver committee meets the following month (last week) and then one is informed of the approval or denial. In the last few years I have been approved twice to go over my capacity for a specified period of time for a specific child. Check with your state licensing authority for the information. Good luck!
Tags:variance
Reply Up