Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monday July 4th is a Federal Holiday, Right?
Unregistered 07:21 AM 06-30-2021
I'm closed that day because it's a federal holiday, but many of my families who get the 4th off have to work. Am I mistaken?
Cat Herder 07:25 AM 06-30-2021
Since the 4th falls on a Sunday this year I don't close for it.

I am pretty sure some do, though. It is up to you as a business owner.
Unregistered 07:33 AM 06-30-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Since the 4th falls on a Sunday this year I don't close for it.

I am pretty sure some do, though. It is up to you as a business owner.
All of our banks are closed and the post office, so I assumed everywhere would be closed. Oops! Oh, well. I could always use a long weekend
284878 11:08 AM 06-30-2021
I closed on Monday the fifth for the fourth of July. My policies state that I can move a holiday if it falls on the weekend. I don't take all federal holidays but I do take this one.

I am not sure if any banks or anything else is closed, don't really care, they are not my business/company. My decision is based on my business needs and this provider needs a long weekend and a long nap, cuz I am cranky.
kendallina 11:22 AM 06-30-2021
I closed for Monday, July 5th. The holiday falls on a Sunday, which means I get Monday off.
Unregistered 12:04 PM 06-30-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
I closed on Monday the fifth for the fourth of July. My policies state that I can move a holiday if it falls on the weekend. I don't take all federal holidays but I do take this one.

I am not sure if any banks or anything else is closed, don't really care, they are not my business/company. My decision is based on my business needs and this provider needs a long weekend and a long nap, cuz I am cranky.
I agree. Even if I knew that some families have to work, I still would've closed. I learned a long time ago to do what works for me, not what works for others. We need breaks, too!
girlmomma 06:20 PM 06-30-2021
I remained open since the 4th falls on a Sunday. I now regret not closing because all of the good firework shows are on the 4th and I have to get up early to open
Pandaluver21 07:49 PM 07-08-2021
We don't normally close for the 5th. However, we had one family think we did (I may not have corrected them...) and the rest either told me ahead of time they weren't coming because they knew their kid would be cranky, or let me know that morning their kid was a mess and not coming. Ended up having the day off anyway :P
Tags:4th of july, holiday policy, holiday schedule, holidays - off
Reply Up