Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Recertification
Silly Songs 08:32 AM 07-14-2021
Hi Everyone,
I’m not really working in childcare any longer, but I have a question about something related.
A family member, who is not really known to be great at looking into things, told me her child’s daycare was closed for 2 weeks for ‘ recertification’. I thought that was odd. I never saw that mentioned any place that a center, home daycare or similar needing to close for that. Any truth or does she need to find out more ?
284878 09:21 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
Hi Everyone,
I’m not really working in childcare any longer, but I have a question about something related.
A family member, who is not really known to be great at looking into things, told me her child’s daycare was closed for 2 weeks for ‘ recertification’. I thought that was odd. I never saw that mentioned any place that a center, home daycare or similar needing to close for that. Any truth or does she need to find out more ?

My guess is that one she needs to get things updated before her inspection or Two, she was inspected and has to update things to get relicensed/ recertification.

I may be tempted to do something like that one day, closing to revamp just before an inspection so that I could get everything done and out of the way with one inspection versus having them come out in additional time.
Cat Herder 11:55 AM 07-14-2021
Maybe her background check lapsed? It gets confusing, some times they are good for 2-5 years, other times it is only 1 year.

** If a longtime provider here were to lapse they would have to go back to trade school for a TCC or finish a CDA online program/inspection. Then they would have to complete 10 hours of State Orientation and 40 hours of Directors training. All of that was added after 2012, so anyone grandfathered in would pretty much have to start back over at the beginning to get their license back. To get all of that done in two weeks would be a marathon, but is possible.
smartgirl2021 09:09 AM 04-01-2022
Hello am in need to renew my director credentials please any advise for me here in Hillsborough county, FL.
Tags:recertification
Reply Up