Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Daycare Fees
Unregistered 07:53 AM 02-15-2017
is it right for a daycare to post a childs name and amount owed if a week behind for all the other parents to see on the sign in sheet.
Reply
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 02-15-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
is it right for a daycare to post a childs name and amount owed if a week behind for all the other parents to see on the sign in sheet.
Not illegal at all.
Not professional either but certainly motivating for the family to pay.
Reply
Unregistered 08:02 AM 02-15-2017
I was the one That was 1 week behind. I had talked to her last week and made arrangements to start paying every 2 weeks due to my check is starting every 2 weeks instead of weekly. when i went in monday she had posted it.
Reply
Blackcat31 08:29 AM 02-15-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I was the one That was 1 week behind. I had talked to her last week and made arrangements to start paying every 2 weeks due to my check is starting every 2 weeks instead of weekly. when i went in monday she had posted it.
Even though you had already made arrangements that she accepted?

Like I said, not cool at all but she's not really breaking any laws.

Personally, I'd question her character if she did this to embarrass you AFTER you already talked to her about it.

That is the part I'd have a hard time getting over as a parent.

I would also think the other parents don't necessarily view her posting unpaid accounts openly as a negative thing towards you but more as a negative about her as a provider...kwim?


Have you tried to discuss this "posting" with her?
I'm sorry she did this to you.
Reply
daycarediva 11:12 AM 02-15-2017
idk, not something I would do. I find it unprofessional.

Did she agree to the change in payment? How did she post it? Just next to your sign in sheet?
Reply
Josiegirl 11:15 AM 02-15-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
idk, not something I would do. I find it unprofessional.

Did she agree to the change in payment? How did she post it? Just next to your sign in sheet?
My feelings too. Not something I would do at all and would definitely voice my displeasure if it'd been done to me under those circumstances. She already agreed to letting you pay that way yet posted it for all to see?
Reply
Cat Herder 11:35 AM 02-15-2017
Is it possible she expected you to pay two weeks, in advance, then every two weeks?

I find it hard to believe a provider would be willing to front two weeks of care due to a job change.

The posting is "unprofessional" according to the updated *private childcare training classes, but effective according to long term business practices in earning an income.

What is deemed professional seems to change from generation to generation.

The literal definitions are awesome if you have some free time. Some examples:

"undertaken or engaged in as a means of livelihood or for gain: "

"a person who earns a living in a sport or other occupation frequently engaged in by amateurs:"
Reply
thrivingchildcarecom 11:51 AM 02-15-2017
I don't know if I would post an amount, but on my sign-in sheet there is a line for "Fee". I actually was just using it as a reminder for myself, but I think that it might be a reminder (and motivator) for the parents too.
Reply
Unregistered 01:29 PM 02-15-2017
she put it on a post it note stuck on top of the sign in sheet.
Reply
sahm1225 09:42 PM 02-16-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
she put it on a post it note stuck on top of the sign in sheet.
The only thing I can think of is that it was a reminder for herself and she forgot to take it off the sign in sheet?
Reply
daycarediva 09:57 AM 02-17-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
The only thing I can think of is that it was a reminder for herself and she forgot to take it off the sign in sheet?
My thought exactly.
Reply
Sumshine 01:34 PM 02-17-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
The only thing I can think of is that it was a reminder for herself and she forgot to take it off the sign in sheet?
I agree I handle all late payments and things of that nature pretty privately. I don't have a sign-in and sign-out sheet that the parents have to do but I have my own and I will write reminders next to it or leave certain paperwork out. If a parent happens to see it it's not my intention as a provider to "embarrass" them it's just so I don't forget!

Pickups & drop-offs can get pretty crazy and I forget to mention things all the time! The visual really helps me!
Reply
Blackcat31 02:25 PM 02-17-2017
Originally Posted by Sumshine:
I agree I handle all late payments and things of that nature pretty privately. I don't have a sign-in and sign-out sheet that the parents have to do but I have my own and I will write reminders next to it or leave certain paperwork out. If a parent happens to see it it's not my intention as a provider to "embarrass" them it's just so I don't forget!

Pickups & drop-offs can get pretty crazy and I forget to mention things all the time! The visual really helps me!
Do you take/have families on CCAP?
Reply
Sumshine 04:24 PM 02-17-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Do you take/have families on CCAP?
Nope! Not enough of a need for it in my area for me to do it. I've only had one person ask about it for an inquiry.

Also literally no idea how to accept assistance if I ever had to????
Reply
Tags:collections, income - profit, payment - delayed, payment owed, professionalism
Reply Up