Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 12 20 21 22
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
Cat Herder 06:32 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by jeffersonksv:
eu também gosto demais desses tópicos para desabafar.
The positive thread is indeed more enjoyable, but the venting thread is also very useful in stress management.
Annalee 08:29 AM 09-26-2020
College Gameday!!!!!!!

Touchdown! Give Him Six!

The pounding running game!

The elite receivers!

A FUN day for my family.......lots of food....and good times
Annalee 07:18 AM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
College Gameday!!!!!!!

Touchdown! Give Him Six!

The pounding running game!

The elite receivers!

A FUN day for my family.......lots of food....and good times
I enjoyed the upsets and excited we won in a VERY not-so-pretty game.
Blackcat31 07:21 AM 09-27-2020
I enjoyed the upsets and excited we won in a VERY not-so-pretty game.
Glad you’re finding some fun in this year
Those kinds of mental health breaks are soooo needed right now

My go-to sports have been running a partial season with only half the regular participants involved so not even worth watching .
Annalee 10:12 AM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Glad you’re finding some fun in this year
Those kinds of mental health breaks are soooo needed right now

My go-to sports have been running a partial season with only half the regular participants involved so not even worth watching .
In the after-game press conference, our coach began with no matter how it goes "win or lose this year" in college football that these student athletes are inspirational as they are not able to be normal as they sit in dorm rooms with school work but these students still competed and maintained a level of normalcy however, the "mental health" could not be measured. His speech from last night has drawn attention today because it really put things in perspective. Mental health for us can not be measured per se with stats like the covid counts that are sent out daily here in my state and I'm sure other states as well. His speech definitely stuck with me as I was only thinking about the botched punts, poor-thrown passes, etc. But these coaches are having to be more than coaches this year and those play making mistakes were not the priority after that game from the coach's standpoint.
Annalee 10:47 AM 09-29-2020
My niece called me mid week last week having trouble getting her 6 month old to lay in her bed in her own room and asking for help.....I shared "time is of the essence and it may take several nights of crying but it is for the betterment of the child to get her in her own bed, especially since a sibling is on the way". She wanted to bring her to me but I suggested me staying at her house instead so it would be the child's bed. Well, anyway, she decided it was her responsibility and she would take care of it.

Fast forward to near a week later and three nights (Wed, Thurs, Fri) of screaming and she went to sleep wonderfully Saturday night on her own and only woke up once for a bottle. I had been keeping her about once a week as my niece is working from home due to covid since March. Upon my suggestion, she has come this week every day and has laid in her bed at nap sleeping.

So proud of my niece as this was very difficult for her but she is so thankful as she said she had forgotten what a good nights sleep felt like but now she remembers.
Annalee 10:59 AM 09-29-2020
My niece called me mid week last week having trouble getting her 6 month old to lay in her bed in her own room and asking for help.....I shared "time is of the essence and it may take several nights of crying but it is for the betterment of the child to get her in her own bed, especially since a sibling is on the way". She wanted to bring her to me but I suggested me staying at her house instead so it would be the child's bed. Well, anyway, she decided it was her responsibility and she would take care of it.

Fast forward to near a week later and three nights (Wed, Thurs, Fri) of screaming and she went to sleep wonderfully Saturday night on her own and only woke up once for a bottle. I had been keeping her about once a week as my niece is working from home due to covid since March. Upon my suggestion, she has come this week every day and has laid in her bed at nap sleeping.

So proud of my niece as this was very difficult for her but she is so thankful as she said she had forgotten what a good nights sleep felt like but now she remembers.
Forgot the funny part during all of this.....she texts me all the time and one nights she text that "if I'm gonna have to go in there every five-seven minutes to re-assure her, then I'm just gonna crawl under the crib to sleep so I don't have to walk so far"....I told her that was not something to say to someone with a good bladder but especially not to an aunt that has a bad bladder because I just had an accident all over myself when I read that....
Annalee 05:52 PM 10-14-2020
Well, during my quarantine, I have cleaned my basement and now everyone will 'think' I have covid even if I don't....the coughing sneezing isn't good on a bad bladder either

Trying to be a little positive during this whole '2020' thing....like a roller coaster of emotions!
CenterTeacher20 10:31 AM 10-16-2020
Annual re-licensing is done for the year!!!!
DaveA 08:53 AM 11-06-2020
I had been slow/ procrastinating selling a bunch of my daycare stuff. For once being not on task worked out well. A family friend ended up taking a baby for foster care. They had nothing for an infant as their kids are older. I was able to basically set them up with a "full kit" for a baby.
CenterTeacher20 09:33 AM 11-24-2020
You guys... I termed my problem family today. Unruly kids, and the most entitled parents ever. I'm washed with relief right now!
Cat Herder 10:09 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
You guys... I termed my problem family today. Unruly kids, and the most entitled parents ever. I'm washed with relief right now!
Congrats!!! Feels great doesn't it? The air is fresher, the sky is brighter, food tastes' better....
Pepperth 10:23 AM 11-24-2020
I just had my license inspection renewal, and it was the quickest and easiest ever!! It helped that the state had me scan in all the paperwork to them ahead of time. In a little over an hour I get a much-needed 5 day break! It's been a heck of a year so far, but we've made it this far.
daycarediva 10:59 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Congratulations!!!!

Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I just had my license inspection renewal, and it was the quickest and easiest ever!! It helped that the state had me scan in all the paperwork to them ahead of time. In a little over an hour I get a much-needed 5 day break! It's been a heck of a year so far, but we've made it this far.

AWESOME! I wish the state would do that here! Last inspection it took them over 4 hours to go through our files alone.
Josiegirl 03:28 AM 11-28-2020
I get to visit my sister and her dh today, to offer her respite, after waiting for 2+ weeks.
e.j. 08:56 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I get to visit my sister and her dh today, to offer her respite, after waiting for 2+ weeks.
I hope you enjoy your visit and that your sister gets the break she probably needs.
Annalee 06:37 PM 12-01-2020
Saying a prayer that the announcement from the CDC tomorrow is lessoning the quarantine for covid exposure. If so, I'm outta here and into daycare....tomorrow is day 13 for me, but they are changing it to 7 days with negative test or 10 days with no test....either way I'm good and hoping it goes into effect immediately.
Josiegirl 02:36 AM 12-02-2020
Saying a prayer that the announcement from the CDC tomorrow is lessoning the quarantine for covid exposure. If so, I'm outta here and into daycare....tomorrow is day 13 for me, but they are changing it to 7 days with negative test or 10 days with no test....either way I'm good and hoping it goes into effect immediately.
How is your dh feeling????
Annalee 05:19 AM 12-02-2020
How is your dh feeling????
He went to doctor Monday to get his release papers for work but they gave him another shot and are treating him for strep...his test was negative but his throat is very sore and infected-looking??

He goes back to work Monday...instead of Friday as planned..

Still taking some breathing treatments due to his coughing, etc. but happy to be out of quarantine.
Blackcat31 06:16 AM 12-02-2020
How are you and your DH feeling?

How is your sister and BIL doing?

Been thinking about all of you!
Blackcat31 06:16 AM 12-02-2020
He went to doctor Monday to get his release papers for work but they gave him another shot and are treating him for strep...his test was negative but his throat is very sore and infected-looking??

Still taking some breathing treatments due to his coughing, etc. but happy to be out of quarantine.
Sorry to hear he is still feeling so crappy but happy to hear it is improving!
Annalee 08:37 AM 12-02-2020
Well, I was on the cdc call but when I called the local covid hotline, it isn't in effect just yet here....so ?
Josiegirl 02:43 AM 12-03-2020

Glad to hear the worst is over for him!! It's a scary virus for sure because you just never know how it's going to turn out for you and the ones you love. Take care of yourself Annalee!

How are you and your DH feeling?

How is your sister and BIL doing?

Been thinking about all of you!
Thank you for asking BC. We escaped relatively unscathed so we were the lucky ones. It's ironic because I remember last Christmas dh was sicker than a dog, our home was filled with our kids, and nobody else got what he had. As soon as he started feeling chills this time, I was on every single thing literally following him around with Lysol and Clorox, never cleaning so hard in my life. And yet it got me too. I cannot figure out germs and their transmission.
But yeh, we were extremely lucky.

As for my sister and her dh, they're still both hanging in there. He looks like a skeleton but he's still inside there somewhere. The other day she was talking on facetime with her dd, asking her where she was and dh pipes up, out of nowhere, the name of their town. This man hardly speaks anymore, or opens his eyes, is bedridden, eats very little and chokes on water, yet out of the blue something clicks again and he shows he's still with them.
Very sad journey to witness. My sister's saving grace is that she gets services from Home Health and Hospice so has someone in to help turn him every day, change the pump and catheter when needed, bathe him, counsel her. And looking back after having beat herself up for the many difficult decisions she's had to make such as do surgery or not, place him in a nursing home or not, etc., she's finally at peace with all the ones she made because for the most part he's comfortable, and he's still with her.

Sorry for going on but thanks again for asking.
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 12-03-2020
Thank you for asking BC. We escaped relatively unscathed so we were the lucky ones. It's ironic because I remember last Christmas dh was sicker than a dog, our home was filled with our kids, and nobody else got what he had. As soon as he started feeling chills this time, I was on every single thing literally following him around with Lysol and Clorox, never cleaning so hard in my life. And yet it got me too. I cannot figure out germs and their transmission.
But yeh, we were extremely lucky.

As for my sister and her dh, they're still both hanging in there. He looks like a skeleton but he's still inside there somewhere. The other day she was talking on facetime with her dd, asking her where she was and dh pipes up, out of nowhere, the name of their town. This man hardly speaks anymore, or opens his eyes, is bedridden, eats very little and chokes on water, yet out of the blue something clicks again and he shows he's still with them.
Very sad journey to witness. My sister's saving grace is that she gets services from Home Health and Hospice so has someone in to help turn him every day, change the pump and catheter when needed, bathe him, counsel her. And looking back after having beat herself up for the many difficult decisions she's had to make such as do surgery or not, place him in a nursing home or not, etc., she's finally at peace with all the ones she made because for the most part he's comfortable, and he's still with her.

Sorry for going on but thanks again for asking.
No apologies necessary.... I wanted to hear it all!
I am happy everyone is feeling better! I am so sorry your sister is having to deal with so much...I imagine she is so worried about her husband that she forgets to take time for herself. I am also glad she is getting some assistance from the home health agency.

I totally understand what you mean about cleaning overkill and still getting sick. I honestly think that as we are killing and curbing the COVID germs, we are inadvertently killing the good germs we need to build our immunity. I struggle with that all the time. I try to keep things wiped down and sanitized as much as possible but I still don't feel 100% comfortable that I am doing the right thing and doing it the right way.

I never thought I could wash my hands more than I already was. lol!

This is hard. For everyone.

I am just happy we have all found a way to stay connected and supportive of each other here!
Josiegirl 09:07 AM 12-03-2020

I never thought I could wash my hands more than I already was. lol!

This is hard. For everyone.

I am just happy we have all found a way to stay connected and supportive of each other here!
OMG the hand-washing!! If our hands weren't the texture of sand paper by now......

And as far as having support and connectivity, I have no clue where I'd be or what shape I'd be in if not for places such as this. Even coming to see I'm not alone in a certain situation helps a bit. Yep, all kinds of struggles going on with all of us and if anyone needs to ask for help/a shoulder, I hope they do so.
Cat Herder 06:35 AM 12-07-2020
My clients who tested positive on rapid tests have been cleared. False positives, asymptomatic.

County office says we are seeing false positives at an "alarming" rate. Is changing suppliers of rapid tests.
Annalee 04:40 PM 12-15-2020
Counting the days down....closed Dec. 24-Jan 4.
Annalee 10:57 AM 12-21-2020
My new family that was to begin today brought me a four-week check; yes four weeks(I'm closed Dec 24-Jan 4) this morning and kept the child as her work-from-home schedule today would not allow for pick-up on time but wanted to make sure the spot was solidified as hers.....made me feel good being on the 'positive' end of two-in-a-row interviews.
e.j. 03:01 PM 12-21-2020
My new family that was to begin today brought me a four-week check; yes four weeks(I'm closed Dec 24-Jan 4) this morning and kept the child as her work-from-home schedule today would not allow for pick-up on time but wanted to make sure the spot was solidified as hers.....made me feel good being on the 'positive' end of two-in-a-row interviews.
That's great! They sound like keepers!
Jupadia 02:51 PM 12-24-2020
Realized yesterday that one of my daycare families was behind in payment. They should of played on December 11. They pay for 4 weeks at once rather then a week. (I I useally remember or have my phone remind me). Mom had to go on to quartinte with kid this last week, but had actually sent payment for a couple added days.

I called today thankfully mom was great. Paid me right away and apologized. Paid for days childs in quartinte next week as well with no issue.
Josiegirl 02:40 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Realized yesterday that one of my daycare families was behind in payment. They should of played on December 11. They pay for 4 weeks at once rather then a week. (I I useally remember or have my phone remind me). Mom had to go on to quartinte with kid this last week, but had actually sent payment for a couple added days.

I called today thankfully mom was great. Paid me right away and apologized. Paid for days childs in quartinte next week as well with no issue.
So glad you ended up getting paid. That would've been a chunk of money I'm sure. We have to remember sometimes that other people are going through their own $h!t and they've got so much on their minds as everyone does. It sounds like they're reliable; you can certainly tell the difference with clients.
Cat Herder 08:54 AM 12-28-2020
The tree is down.
Annalee 11:03 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
The tree is down.
You Go, CH! Isn't it a shame Christmas takes so much work. I only put up the tree this time and so dreaded taking it down.....My mom REALLY decorates so she has alot to put away
Cat Herder 11:06 AM 12-28-2020
You Go, CH! Isn't it a shame Christmas takes so much work. I only put up the tree this time and so dreaded taking it down.....My mom REALLY decorates so she has alot to put away
I can't take the dust. It makes it so hard to clean and dust to where I need it with the decorations up. We have indoor dogs, so I get that stuff cleaned, packed and out of here as soon as I can. Minimal tchotchkes, that is how I like it.
Jupadia 01:37 PM 12-28-2020
So glad you ended up getting paid. That would've been a chunk of money I'm sure. We have to remember sometimes that other people are going through their own $h!t and they've got so much on their minds as everyone does. It sounds like they're reliable; you can certainly tell the difference with clients.
It's the first time I missed it. But it was not to mu h money cause even though she was paying for 4 weeks at a time instead of 1. The kid was only comming 2 days per week. Though in January when she back from quarantine she will be starting full time.
Annalee 09:14 AM 01-01-2021
I am working on the "POSITIVE" today! Gotta be "POSITIVE"! Did I say "POSITIVE"? Yes, focus on the "POSITIVE"!
284878 06:45 AM 01-05-2021
Not really "good" but I could not find the funny thread

DS came into the kitchen to "help" me with lunch. I got supplies out including the milk, then went to work cooking. DS 2.5 kept saying "I helping, mom" I turn and look and he is filling the plate with milk. Lucky it was only one plate and I had not put any food on it yet.
Annalee 06:06 PM 01-10-2021
My nephew that married last May informed me I'm going to be a great-aunt in August......he lives halfway between Nashville and me and (about 45 minutes from me; he works in Nashville) and told me he guessed he would have to pay an uber to get that baby to me.

His wife is a neonatal nurse and only works 3-12 hour nights a week so I'm sure they won't need daycare that much. She is very nervous as her mom had five miscarriages and she also sees some scary things in the neonatal unit....says she wishes she didn't know so much....pray it all goes well for her...she has been sick quite a bit and it's early so?
Annalee 04:29 PM 01-17-2021
Off-day tomorrow. Isn't it amazing how nice a Sunday evening feels when you know Monday is NOT a workday?
e.j. 06:25 PM 01-17-2021
Off-day tomorrow. Isn't it amazing how nice a Sunday evening feels when you know Monday is NOT a workday?
Right?!
Annalee 11:39 AM 01-22-2021
So much of my thoughts are 'negative' these days but putting that aside to say......My MOM is 72 today.....spunky, healthy, and I'm thankful she's MY MOM!
e.j. 12:40 PM 01-22-2021
So much of my thoughts are 'negative' these days but putting that aside to say......My MOM is 72 today.....spunky, healthy, and I'm thankful she's MY MOM!
I don't know either of you but just reading what you posted made me feel happier!
Annalee 12:57 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I don't know either of you but just reading what you posted made me feel happier!

Annalee 04:49 AM 01-26-2021
I am back to 12 enrolled children as of yesterday......I had let three go that were prek as the school schedule is so sporadic ( simply a business decision...just wasn't working with the families nor I from a business standpoint). After many interviews.....crazy interviews and people not showing up or showing up late or whatever, I"M FULL and I kinda like getting a new group of kids.
Cat Herder 05:35 AM 01-26-2021
I am back to 12 enrolled children as of yesterday......I had let three go that were prek as the school schedule is so sporadic ( simply a business decision...just wasn't working with the families nor I from a business standpoint). After many interviews.....crazy interviews and people not showing up or showing up late or whatever, I"M FULL and I kinda like getting a new group of kids.
Congrats!! I love that feeling. I still have another year with this group and it feels stale. I am so ready for a new group.
Josiegirl 05:27 AM 01-29-2021
Sometimes it's the small things we need to grab onto in life to make us happy and appreciate each day.
This a.m. watching 3 males/2 female cardinals at my feeders did that for me.
Yesterday it was watching a couple dozen turkeys wandering around my sister's yard.

Enjoy your day everyone! And if nothing else, it's Friday
Annalee 10:37 AM 02-09-2021
Re-licensed through ZOOM this morning.....had scanned in my documentation last week so it only took about 30 minutes.....throw in the new formatted assessment and I'm done! Our state is making so many 'positive' changes built around relationships between state departments and I'm in hopes this continues!
Cat Herder 11:39 AM 02-09-2021
Re-licensed through ZOOM this morning.....had scanned in my documentation last week so it only took about 30 minutes.....throw in the new formatted assessment and I'm done! Our state is making so many 'positive' changes built around relationships between state departments and I'm in hopes this continues!
Nice. I am so glad to hear it is improving.
Unregistered 09:53 AM 03-04-2021
One of my kids who doesn’t talk much started talking up storm, hasn’t stopped talking since. This week he gave me a sneaky look and teasingly told me, “Ms. Sara, you’re a monkey!!” It was so funny!!
Annalee 09:58 AM 03-11-2021
My brothers families and my family have scheduled our annual River-Trip for Memorial Day weekend...five days of fun Missed it last year due to covid but hopefully all is good.....Have two new nieces to tag along this time and two new wives for my nephews.... 20 of us in two cabins
Annalee 06:42 AM 03-17-2021
Today is my Friday
284878 05:40 AM 03-18-2021
Today is my Friday
Doesn't it feel great to have an early Friday?
Annalee 07:03 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
Doesn't it feel great to have an early Friday?
yes mam, it does!
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 12 20 21 22
Reply Up