Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 4 12  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?
SimpleMom 06:26 AM 05-23-2011
Okay, I burped (a little burp) and teased the kids "oh, so and so, did you burp?". They responded no with a giggle. Then, another child chimes in matter-of-factly "Oh, it's my breath!" and smiles. Now, I know it wasn't their breath and they just brushed their teeth as well, but too funny. Cracked me up
DaisyMamma 11:30 AM 05-24-2011
My daughter, just under 2, has to come into the bathroom with me because she is a disaster waiting to happen. I was finished and I said "I made a big poopy." She said "EWE, YUCKY"
Ms. Stephanie 05:15 PM 05-24-2011
One of my toddlers (B) lifted up the bottom of my shirt today and poked my love handle repeatedly. He then looked at me and smiled. I told him laughingly "stop poking my belly goofball!" He kept doing it. I love that kid.
SilverSabre25 01:43 PM 05-25-2011
DD and DCG are currently "sneaking" up the stairs to scare me. This would be a tad bit more effective if it wasn't accompanied by a lot of giggling, the squeaking of the front door closing so they can get past it, the fact that I can see the front door, and the fact that the staircase is more-or-less open to the living room.

But I still jumped and "yelped" when they popped out and "scared" me, and they fell on the floor giggling wildly and proud that they managed to "scareded" me!

And I'm laughing inside at how sneaky kids think they are, but really aren't...so cute.
Luna 10:30 AM 05-27-2011
Dcb2 has been calling me "Honey" for a couple of days now. "What's for lunch today, Honey?". I feel like I'm his wife
dEHmom 10:36 AM 05-27-2011
ds: "mom look what I can do!"
me: "sorry hun, mommy's busy right now I'll look in a minute"
ds: "look with your eyes on the back of your head then"

Background, not sure if it was everyones mom who used to say it, but "mom's see everything, we have eyes on the back of our heads" was something I was always told. I remember checking my moms head for the invisible eyes...

Normally the only time my eyes are not on the kids is when I am doing dishes and they are eating lunch. My microwave is in a cubby above my sink, and the window is directly behind me (beside kitchen table).

SO I can see the entire kitchen in my peripheral and through the reflection on the microwave which basically acts like a mirror. Kids don't know this, so they start acting goofy, and I always tell them "stop making that face" or whatever they are doing, and they are STUNNED because they were watching to see if I was looking and clearly I was doing dishes with my back to them. So I tell them I have eyes on the back of my head.
Kaddidle Care 09:54 AM 06-04-2011
PreK 5 year old asked me if I was sure I was a "Grown Up".

Erm... yeah I think so.

Then she asked me exactly when was I a little kid.
kidkair 09:32 PM 06-04-2011
I love it when my daycare kids ask me when I will be going to work. I try to clue them into the fact I am working but they don't get it.

What made me laugh today is the absolute absurdity of life. I summed up my friend's recent months in a few short phrases and made her laugh. Here's her last 6 months in a nut shell: "Hey I just met an awesome guy! We're in love and moving in together! I just landed the most awesome job! I'm buying a house! I'm getting married! Can the world please slow down just a little bit!" She's happy having fun and realizing things are moving far faster than she would have planned but it's working for her either way.

Also my husband is buying a scooter and did a bunch of house work today to make up for the fact it's a bunch of money!
Kaddidle Care 10:13 AM 06-05-2011
DCB: "Where's YOUR bed?" (I work in a center - they think we LIVE there - sometimes I feel like I live there because I attend Church there too so yeah, I'm there 6 x a week, 7 if there's a Saturday event!)
Luna 10:46 AM 06-08-2011
At lunchtime I was telling the kids there are lots & lots of vitamins in their food. They were horrified! They all thought I said there were "Spidermans" in their food. I guess I need to work on my diction.
Childminder 07:56 AM 06-10-2011
Yesterday dcg4 was looking at a toy catalog that had a pic of a cement mixer on the cover and exclaimed "Look it's Build the Bobber! He fills the holes in the ground." For translation that is Bob the builder and Dizzy,.
laundrymom 10:17 AM 06-10-2011
Yesterday at lunch, 3 yr old says as I'm bending down to refil milk, Miss ***. You gots more white in your hair today. ".

Lol. ( today the white is gone)

Later the same boy, as I was bent to the floor to wipe up a plop of yogurt, ....
Miss ***

Your butt is not as big as yesterday.

Ahhhhh kids! Lol
areziaL 12:29 AM 06-17-2011
My neighbor's youngest son timmy made me laugh today. They were about to travel for a family visit when he ask me if I would like to come. I told him I'm not part of the family, he then stopped and suddenly gave me his stuff toy and told me, now you're part of the family teddy is now your child and teddy is part of our family so you're now part of the family. It was really sweet, I just told him that I can't come because I'm busy, he smiled and told me, O.k can teddy come grandma will look for him but only if you allow. That was really a funny and sweet conversation. I was never interested for a baby talk until I meet this sweet boy.
Jenjo 07:42 AM 06-22-2011
We were having some work done on our sprinkler system the other day. 4 yo dcg was very interested in watching them work and talking their ears off. She was telling one of the boys working that her mother wasn't feeling very well because she had her boobs lifted. Her mother recently had some work done. We laughed so hard! My kids think it is the funniest thing and tell everyone the story.
kidkair 03:30 PM 06-22-2011
I was making homemade pizza for lunch and had my 2 year old watching. I went to put spinach on and she asked to try some. I gave her a leaf (fresh) and she munched it happily. Then she did the cutest thing! She said, "Can I have more please." I laughed because she's two and wants the spinach rather than the pizza! She did eat the pizza too and more spinach on the side which my husband was less pleased about.
Cat Herder 09:38 AM 06-23-2011
http://youtu.be/vxnxsqUjNwk

Warning graphic language, but FUNNY and relevant to kids today.

Oldie but goody. F-bomb average is 60ish?? It is an equal opportunity offender, so don't take it personal...k?

Great PMS mood lifter....

I hope the link works.
MarinaVanessa 01:11 PM 06-23-2011
Okay so I came across this cartoon on accident while googling about the budget passing or not on July 1st. I laughed a little out-loud and almost woke the napping DC KIDDOS. It's about how to get legislators to pay service providers on time.

http://www.theeditorialcartoons.com/....php?iid=39836
kidkair 03:39 PM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Okay so I came across this cartoon on accident while googling about the budget passing or not on July 1st. I laughed a little out-loud and almost woke the napping DC KIDDOS. It's about how to get legislators to service providers on time.

http://www.theeditorialcartoons.com/....php?iid=39836
Oh that is great! I would have woke the kiddos too had I read it during nap! Thanks for sharing!
Auntie 06:49 PM 06-23-2011
That is great!
seashell 09:07 AM 06-28-2011
My calender helper today was holding up a sign that said Monday. I asked him to tell the kids what day he was holding and spell it out. He insisted it wasnt Monday, it was Moneyday! I wish!
Luna 12:16 PM 06-28-2011
This happened a couple of weeks ago but it makes me chuckle whenever I think of it.

I was making lunch in the kitchen & dcks were in the living room. Dcb 2.5 wanted the oven mitts that Dcg was playing with and she wasn't giving them up, so he screamed in her face as loud as he could. That earned him some one-on-one time with me in the kitchen. After a couple of minutes he told me he wanted to tell the kids he was sorry and I said ok.

He walked into the living room and shouted "Everyone! I NEED those mittens!!!"

Meeko 12:28 PM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Luna:
This happened a couple of weeks ago but it makes me chuckle whenever I think of it.

I was making lunch in the kitchen & dcks were in the living room. Dcb 2.5 wanted the oven mitts that Dcg was playing with and she wasn't giving them up, so he screamed in her face as loud as he could. That earned him some one-on-one time with me in the kitchen. After a couple of minutes he told me he wanted to tell the kids he was sorry and I said ok.

He walked into the living room and shouted "Everyone! I NEED those mittens!!!"
Love it! LOL
Meyou 09:38 AM 06-30-2011
DCB (4) comes out of the washroom with one hand resting on his lower back. He looks at me and says, "THAT was not a boy poop. THAT RIGHT THERE was a man poop. I need a break."
Luna 06:26 PM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
DCB (4) comes out of the washroom with one hand resting on his lower back. He looks at me and says, "THAT was not a boy poop. THAT RIGHT THERE was a man poop. I need a break."
Oh that cracks me up!
SilverSabre25 09:32 PM 06-30-2011
My DD and I were discussing the colors of playdough I plan/hope to make tomorrow or over the weekend.

DD: "We're making rainbow playdough, right mommy? Red, blue, and white!"

Me: "You're a few colors short of a rainbow there, darling, but yes, we'll make red, white, and blue for the 4th of July."
sharlan 08:01 AM 07-12-2011
We're loading up for the beach. My 4 yo says, "It's chilly out there. I need a snow suit."

It's chilly, but we've never had snow here. He doesn't even own a snow suit.
kidkair 03:07 PM 07-12-2011
13 month old figured out how to throw the sidewalk chalk. Being that's he's 13 months old most goes behind him but a few go forward into a bucket which was making him laugh and continue. Then he throws one and it lands right on his head! Since he was wearing a hat it just stayed there until he tipped his head forward. The funniest thing was that he didn't even flinch when it landed on his head and barely acknowledged it when it fell off!
SilverSabre25 01:41 PM 07-13-2011
ROFLMBO!!!

Two girls are playing a game:
"We're bad guys!"
"Yeah! Bad guys who like to dance!"
"Yeah! [starts singing Frere Jacques]"
[both start dancing]
mema 05:52 PM 07-18-2011
The kids were all quiet eating snack, out of nowhere DCG 2.5 says "I'm the king of the world!" DCB 5 says "Don't you mean princess?"

Older kids talking before lunch about resturants. DCB 5 says they went to a new one called "Nooty's" and my DD 7 pipes up, "ever been to Mall of America? They have a Hooters!"
sharlan 04:11 PM 07-21-2011
My 4 yo found that bag of marshmallows on the counter and was eating them. My husband asked him where he got the marshmallows. A looked at him square in the eyes and said, "From the marshmallow bag, where else" and walked away.
Auntie 04:40 PM 07-21-2011
The other day at work one of the daycare kids looks at me an she says Miss ______ you are so skinny. (I love that child)
sharlan 01:40 PM 07-22-2011
My 4 yo's mom just got out some applesauce and sat down to feed it to him.

He looked at her and said, "Oh, I've got a baaad feeling about this."
GretasLittleFriends 06:03 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
My 4 yo's mom just got out some applesauce and sat down to feed it to him.

He looked at her and said, "Oh, I've got a baaad feeling about this."
Is it wrong if my first thought was "Huh... He must have been watching Star Wars lately, as Hans Solo is notorious for that saying..." LOL My DS 6 almost 7 is a self-proclaimed Star Wars Geek.
GretasLittleFriends 06:08 PM 07-22-2011
I have a set of twins (not identical) here tonight. They are drop-ins and usually have a different daycare provider.

They recently celebrated their 6th birthday. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: How was your birthday?
Them: Good
Me: How do you like being 6?
Them: Both answer kind of an mumble, shrug it off type answer.
My DD15: When was their birthday?
Me: July **
DD: They have the same birthday?
Me: They're twins (with a look of you didn't just say that did you????)

She cracks me up sometimes... Scary thing is she was serious.
sharlan 08:26 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
Is it wrong if my first thought was "Huh... He must have been watching Star Wars lately, as Hans Solo is notorious for that saying..." LOL My DS 6 almost 7 is a self-proclaimed Star Wars Geek.
That's exactly where he got it from.
SilverSabre25 11:01 AM 07-27-2011
We were playing outside this morning and dcb 3 was hanging around me talking my ear off. The fact that only 50%ish of what he says is intelligible doesn't stop this kid, lol.

So anyway, I was holding my 7 week old.
DCB: "That's your baby!"
Me: "Yep, it sure is."
DCB: "You buyed him at the store, did you?"
Me: "No, sweetie, babies don't come form the store."
DCB: "Oh, you got him in the jungle! Babies come in the jungle!"
Me:

I can't WAIT to relate this conversation to dcm tonight
Auntie 01:45 PM 07-27-2011
last winter when my great nephew was 3 he was watching the birds at the bird feeder. Most of the birds were grayish in color and then there was a beautiful red cardinal that flew to the feeder. He said my mother-in-law grandma, who painted that bird?
daycare 01:52 PM 07-27-2011
Well it was not today, it was last night. My family eats a weird diet on a daily basis. Well of course my 3 yr old son sees at Mc Donalds commerical and says wow mom I want one of those happy meals. So I called my hubby to ask if it was ok. I might be a health freak, but it's america and I don't think it would hurt once or twice a year.

So off we go in the car to Mc Donalds. I pull up to the drive around and we are at a menu sign. I honestly have not been to a Mc Donalds since my college days, so I was not sure what they had.

So as I am reading the menu sign to my 3 year old, I ask him do you want a hamburger or chicken strips... His reply:
I would like to have steak and shrimp with corn. So I have to tell him they don't have that here. He gets really upset and is whinning..... I talk him into french fries, which I am not too sure he has ever had before from a restaurant/ quick food.

So we end up with a milkshake and a small order of fries. He takes two bites of fries and says mommy I want to take them back.....

so we went home and ate dinner there.
Country Kids 02:25 PM 07-27-2011
I have a set of twins (not identical) here tonight. They are drop-ins and usually have a different daycare provider.

They recently celebrated their 6th birthday. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: How was your birthday?
Them: Good
Me: How do you like being 6?
Them: Both answer kind of an mumble, shrug it off type answer.
My DD15: When was their birthday?
Me: July **
DD: They have the same birthday?
Me: They're twins (with a look of you didn't just say that did you????)

She cracks me up sometimes... Scary thing is she was serious.
This soooo reminds me of my daughter but she was about 12 or 13. We have some friends that have a daughter the same age as ours and they always were in sports together. Our friends are as white as white can be and they adopted their daughter as an infant and she is as asian as asian can be. Anyway my daughter looked a me one day when we were eating and said "Did you know ****** was adopted?" After I about choaked I camly said "Really, why would you say that?" I had tears running down my face from trying not to laugh. My daughter had just then noticed the difference in her and her parents. What I did get out of all this is that we were doing a great job raising our children not to see the differences in people. To them everyone looked the same and the world was one big happy place.
daycare 02:37 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
This soooo reminds me of my daughter but she was about 12 or 13. We have some friends that have a daughter the same age as ours and they always were in sports together. Our friends are as white as white can be and they adopted their daughter as an infant and she is as asian as asian can be. Anyway my daughter looked a me one day when we were eating and said "Did you know ****** was adopted?" After I about choaked I camly said "Really, why would you say that?" I had tears running down my face from trying not to laugh. My daughter had just then noticed the difference in her and her parents. What I did get out of all this is that we were doing a great job raising our children not to see the differences in people. To them everyone looked the same and the world was one big happy place.
I am so happy to hear read both of your post....my daughter who is 13 is just like this and I thought for awhile that there was something wrong with her.... there are so many things that have happened like this that I cant even think of one to write down....lol

awweee I think its the age.....
childcarebytori 09:41 PM 07-29-2011
While taking photos of dck's for my August newsletter, dcg (4yo) does a fun pose and says:

"Is this for my facebook?"

sharlan 01:35 PM 08-01-2011
As I've posted today, my 3 yo is in rare form. Knowing this, I offered him 3 of his favorite choices for lunch and told him to pick one.

He looks me square in the eye and says "It doesn't matter what you fix, I'm not going to eat it anyways." At least he's honest.
MommyMuffin 03:51 PM 08-01-2011
Geico commercial: A woman leaving her daycare center and she is talking about getting a deal on daycare because it is run by robots. LOL You gotta see it. The robot gives a girl a juice box and squeezes it in her face.
kidkair 12:07 PM 08-02-2011
One of my kids asked me today if I have boobs while stroking her mom's breast. After a quick laugh I said 'Yes, I do.' Her mom states that she's going to go right that one down and on the way out the kids very excited tells her mom that I have boobs. Kids are awesome!
SilverSabre25 09:13 AM 08-03-2011
I had to answer the door briefly this morning (up six steps from the playroom and within sight of most of it, but my back was turned). When I got back down there, my two dcks had gotten into the art stuff and were playing with a massive amount of pipe cleaners. I gasped and one looked at me like a deer in the headlights. The other dropped to the floor behind the art table and tried to crawl under it. Gee, i wonder which (NUMBER TWO) of you decided to get into that stuff?
sharlan 04:39 PM 08-03-2011
I called my 15 yo down to help me clean the kitchen. It's a bit cluttery from the day, but not bad.

She takes one look and asks, "What happened in here, it was clean last night? Do I have to sweep the floor again, I mopped it last night?"

Uh, life happened and yes, you have to sweep the floor again.
Childminder 05:50 PM 08-03-2011
Went into the next room to answer the door. Children were playing with rubber stamps and WASHABLE ink pads. The little darlin went home tinted a nice pale green. 30 seconds outta site, that's all I was gone and btw, this kid is 4.25yrs.

SDC10327.jpg
Attached:
PitterPatter 12:37 PM 08-07-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Went into the next room to answer the door. Children were playing with rubber stamps and WASHABLE ink pads. The little darlin went home tinted a nice pale green. 30 seconds outta site, that's all I was gone and btw, this kid is 4.25yrs.

Attachment 533
OMG he looks like the Green Goblin off of Spiderman!!

What did Mom say????
AnneCordelia 05:23 PM 08-07-2011
DD, "You can be the daddy and I'll be the mommy."

DCB3, "I the daddy! *puts on deep voice* I'mma drive my car! Where's my wallet? Where's my keys? Where's my damn pants, Susan*?!"

*DCM's name
sharlan 09:21 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:

DCB3, "I the daddy! *puts on deep voice* I'mma drive my car! Where's my wallet? Where's my keys? Where's my damn pants, Susan*?!"

*DCM's name
Out of the mouth's of babes.
sharlan 09:29 PM 08-15-2011
I was really cranky today and the boys were driving me totally bonkers. I looked at the boys and said, "Why, why can't you two just be calm, quiet, and behave for 5 minutes?" The 3 yo looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Because we're boys and that's just what boys do."

This was after the 4 yo spilled over a bowl of blueberries this morning, sending them all over the kitchen floor and I stepped on 4 of them while trying to clean them up.

This afternoon, they were playing in the sand tables, then started playing in the dirt to find "meteors" (rocks). They were both pretty grubby and I said that I needed to take the hose to them and wash them off. The both ran off behind me. I was talking to Daddy #2 when I heard the water. The 4 yo grabbed the hose and the 3 yo turned the faucet on so the 4 yo could give himself a shower outside. All I could do was shake my head and turn off the water.
laundrymom 11:08 AM 08-16-2011
I turned around to find the 4 yr old dancing very stiff robot jerky like and bouncing around yelling ROCK LOBSTER!!!! LALALA. ROCK LOBSTER!!!!!
Cat Herder 02:00 PM 08-16-2011
Busted!!!!

Got a quick phone call from a Grandparent of one of my DCK's.

It seems during a lunch outing with her daughter (my DCM) she was being told all about how difficult it was trying to potty train one and break the other from a bottle at the same time.

The conversation went on for a while before her grandson (my 2.5 yo DCB) threw his hands up in the air and said "I don't see any cheese!!".

Yep, you guessed it..I say that all the time when he starts whining....
sharlan 03:01 PM 08-25-2011
I was making my 4 yo a slushie in the Ninja, which is really loud. He came up and hugged my leg, telling me, "It's ok Grandma, don't be afraid. I'll be right here holding you." Loud noises really upset him.
MommyMuffin 10:31 AM 08-26-2011
So at lunch dcb says "I want hot dogs and mac n cheese." They were having eggs and hashbrown and fruit. I told him maybe next week. I dont like to make it cuz I'm on the food program and would have to make the mac n cheese homemade and the kids like kraft way better anyways.
So they dont eat mac n cheese here.

You know what? After lunch they laid down for nap and what did I just start eating for lunch...mac and cheese n hot dogs.

I feel guilty...but nummy I love it!
GretasLittleFriends 02:45 PM 08-30-2011
My DD(16) and DCB(3) were playing with a few action figures (Ninja Turtle and Buzz Lightyear).

DCB: "Hi! What are you?"
DD: "I'm a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle."
DCB: *Piew piew* (Buzz lightyear shot his laser at the turtle) "Ha! Now you're dead."
DD: "Oh, well, what's your name?"
DCB: "I'm Buzz Lightyear and I come in peace."
SilverSabre25 09:35 PM 08-30-2011
My DD(16) and DCB(3) were playing with a few action figures (Ninja Turtle and Buzz Lightyear).

DCB: "Hi! What are you?"
DD: "I'm a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle."
DCB: *Piew piew* (Buzz lightyear shot his laser at the turtle) "Ha! Now you're dead."
DD: "Oh, well, what's your name?"
DCB: "I'm Buzz Lightyear and I come in peace."
ha! That's great.
Michelle 04:05 PM 09-03-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I was making my 4 yo a slushie in the Ninja, which is really loud. He came up and hugged my leg, telling me, "It's ok Grandma, don't be afraid. I'll be right here holding you." Loud noises really upset him.
aw!!!
that's so cute!
I wish I was a grandma!
Michelle 04:09 PM 09-03-2011
I just finished end of summer cleaning (washed down all the fake trees and silk flowers in my house) so I can start the school year fresh .
So, my very "observant" dd came in and said "wow! is that a new tree?"

I said "no, I just washed it"
Kids are such a joy!
sharlan 07:02 PM 09-07-2011
We picked up the 4 yo from preschool today, headed to the mall to buy him some new shoes. As I'm driving down the freeway I hear, from the backseat, "I'm starving..........Guys, I'm starving, I'm starving, Guys." Silence for a second, "Is anybody going to feed me. I'm starving."

Since he barely spoke 6 mos ago, I love it. Yes, we did stop at McD's on the way to pick his cousin up from school.
SilverSabre25 08:25 AM 09-08-2011
DCB 3 has finally started getting his shoes on the right feet fairly consistently. I say "finally" because his mom makes a big deal out of it, not me...I could care less at this age if they do it right the first time. But anyway,

so now that he gets them on the right feet consistently, he comes to me and says, "Look [silversabre25]! I got them right feet!" and I tell him "Yes, they are the right feet, you did it!"

Then what does he do? He goes and sits down and takes them off and switches them!!! EVERY DANG TIME. "That was wrong feet. now they right feet!"

I feel like banging my head against the wall...
GretasLittleFriends 09:44 AM 09-08-2011
Yesterday my DS (who will be 7 tomorrow) ran inside while we were outside playing. He grabbed a piece of computer paper and a yellow marker. He wrote a recipe and insisted we make it last night.

Aggs, flour, buter, humey, bnanus, penut buter. It is apparently a cake recipe. I told him we couldn't make it last night because we don't have the right measurements. He said yes we do. It's 2 eggs, 2TBSP four, and proceeded to make up measurements. I thought it was great!

Little does he know that when he left for school this morning I googled the following : Egg, flour, honey, bananas, peanut butter and came up with a peanut butter banana bread recipe. (I don't have any peanut allergies). We are going to make this tonight and that will be our afternoon snack (treat) for his birthday tomorrow.
SilverSabre25 09:58 AM 09-08-2011
Yesterday my DS (who will be 7 tomorrow) ran inside while we were outside playing. He grabbed a piece of computer paper and a yellow marker. He wrote a recipe and insisted we make it last night.

Aggs, flour, buter, humey, bnanus, penut buter. It is apparently a cake recipe. I told him we couldn't make it last night because we don't have the right measurements. He said yes we do. It's 2 eggs, 2TBSP four, and proceeded to make up measurements. I thought it was great!

Little does he know that when he left for school this morning I googled the following : Egg, flour, honey, bananas, peanut butter and came up with a peanut butter banana bread recipe. (I don't have any peanut allergies). We are going to make this tonight and that will be our afternoon snack (treat) for his birthday tomorrow.
OH, that is too sweet! And how awesome that you were able to find a recipe that uses his ingredients (and for something resembling a cake, too!). Since he wanted it to be a cake, you could "frost" the "cake" with a simple glaze. Or make a simple cream cheese frosting (cream cheese, powdered sugar, a little milk).
sharlan 02:09 PM 09-08-2011

That is so cute.
Luna 07:36 AM 09-12-2011
DCB3 is singing "All the jingle bells" then in a higher voice "All the jingle bells". I think he's trying to sing "All the Single Ladies"
laundrymom 08:01 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by Luna:
DCB3 is singing "All the jingle bells" then in a higher voice "All the jingle bells". I think he's trying to sing "All the Single Ladies"
Lol! Now that s funny!!!
tbutler 07:10 PM 09-12-2011
DCG, 3 years old, first day was today. I turned on the soft music as they laid down and covered up for naptime. She says "Can you turn the music off?". Poor child has never been to daycare before and didn't know what to expect. She was fast asleep within 10 minutes.
Auntie 03:38 PM 09-14-2011

I LOVE IT! What a great idea to google that recipe he gave you and make it for afternoon snack.
Auntie 03:40 PM 09-14-2011
The other day at work the little girl who is new to our class is only 33 months old. We were outside playing and she comes up to me and she is showing me this little tiny red mark on the knuckle of her thumb and tells me through tears "they beat me up."
sharlan 09:07 PM 09-14-2011
You have to wonder where they get this stuff..........
laundrymom 09:50 AM 09-15-2011
Ok I literally have tears running down my face.

Back story, last week I had the infants sleeping in my bedrooms like normal and within regs. Fedex came. He had to bring in three very heavy boxes. So,.Because bedrooms were taken... I put my dog in the bathroom and shut the door so I could just prop open screendoor. Fedex leaves, 5 min later a 4 yr old is dropped off after swim lessons. Goes potty and finds dog in bathroom. He comes out and says MISS ***XX dog is in the bathroom WHY???? I said, he was using it. Smiling. Then the phone rang,... I answered - He went and did his business. I forgot about it. Today I get a phone call from grandma in Utah,.... Wanting to know how exactly I taught my dog to use the toilet!!! And would I help her train hers.

It took me a minute but rofl! Lol. I had to explain it to her. We had a great laugh. Lol
SilverSabre25 10:30 AM 09-15-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:

Back story, last week I had the infants sleeping in my bedrooms like normal and within regs. Fedex came. He had to bring in three very heavy boxes. So,.Because bedrooms were taken... I put my dog in the bathroom and shut the door so I could just prop open screendoor. Fedex leaves, 5 min later a 4 yr old is dropped off after swim lessons. Goes potty and finds dog in bathroom. He comes out and says MISS ***XX dog is in the bathroom WHY???? I said, he was using it. Smiling. Then the phone rang,... I answered - He went and did his business. I forgot about it. Today I get a phone call from grandma in Utah,.... Wanting to know how exactly I taught my dog to use the toilet!!! And would I help her train hers.

It took me a minute but rofl! Lol. I had to explain it to her. We had a great laugh. Lol
That's great, too funny.

True story, one of my mom's cats did actually toilet train herself back in the spring--no joke, she really did! All on her own too, there was absolutely no human involvement in this toilet training process. One day my sister walked in on her peeing in the toilet, and found her doing it several times over the next few weeks. She finally got a picture. :P
Attached: 256762_2083992862029_1311351617_2487818_7375668_o.jpg (58.5 KB) 
laundrymom 10:38 AM 09-15-2011
Awesome!!! My friends cat did years ago. But there's no way my dog could. Lol. He is too ,... Well I love the goon. Lol
momofsix 11:42 AM 09-15-2011

That is too funny!!!!
Auntie 09:01 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:

*DCM's name
OMG I AM REALLY LOLing for sure on this one. That is so funny.
Did you tell the parents? What did they say? This is so precious.
Auntie 09:03 AM 09-22-2011

OH that is so funny.
Auntie 09:09 AM 09-22-2011
The other day while we were outside I gave this little girl a kleenex so she could wipe her nose. She gets done and says she needs to throw it away. I said put it in your pocket until we get inside. She said I don't have a pocket. I said here put it up your sleeve of your jacket. She said, no. I was sitting and holding her and she looks at me and says "I will just put it right here!" she starts putting it between my shirt and my zip up sweatshirt. I had my sweatshirt zipped up midchest.
laundrymom 10:01 AM 09-22-2011
Ok today we had everything bagels. They have poppy seeds on the bottom. A 4 yr says what are these ?? I said. Poppy seeds. He's like. Ok. Lunch moves on. He says. I love these dog biscuits!! I must have looked at him like he had 3 heads because he covered his mouth and said,... Puppy biscuits miss ***xx???
pOppy not pUppy. Lolololol. Ok I'm just dying here. Lol
Doodlebug 11:40 AM 09-23-2011
A three year old little girl today was having a hard time remembering the name of another child, so I reminded her of the name. She put her fingers in her ears and closed her eyes and said "It just wont stay in here" and pointed to her head.
Luna 03:40 PM 09-23-2011
We've had a guy doing work in our back yard for most of the summer. He's pretty wooly-looking...crazy hair and a long fluffy beard. He arrived today with a fresh shave & haircut. Dcg3 said, "Who's that guy?" I told her "That's D".

"He looks funny, he changed his colours!"
themoorethemerrier 11:32 AM 09-29-2011
I love this thread!!!
Heidi 11:47 AM 09-29-2011
me..."dcb, please don't throw books, books are special" dcb "why?" me "well, people work really hard to write books, for us to enjoy them. Do you know what someone who writes books is called?". dcb "no" me "an author". dcb "oh, and what about someone who makes toys, what are they?

Me: "well, duh....(big grin) Santa's Elves!".....I love it when I make him laugh!
Ginny 07:35 AM 09-30-2011
A day-care for men called 'Manland' where they can act like big kids while the women go shopping in IKEA.

I just laughed at the thought of the men throwing a tantrum when it's time to go home

http://theweek.com/article/index/219...e-for-husbands

Kids' toys
Unregistered 11:35 AM 09-30-2011
It didn't happen here but one of my former daycare dads told me the 5 year old told him that he was singing a song in his head and could HE (dad) hear it? The dad said no he couldn't so the little guy went over and put his head against his dad's ear...he said, "Can you hear it now? "

Yesterday, the baby was crying a bit after I laid her down for a nap and the 2 year old was listening to the monitor...she went over to it and said into it , "It's Ok, Kendyll..it's OK!"
mema 12:28 PM 09-30-2011
DCB1: How do you think they make meat?
DCB2: They shoot a chicken.
DCB1: No they don't. Mom goes to the store and brings it home. Then she puts it in a pot with a recipe!
karen 11:47 AM 10-05-2011
I was taking the children for a walk around the block yesterday I only had 4 in my care. They have to hold my hands at all times. The one little girl asked me what was wrong with my fingers I said nothing she says why do you have so many cracks in your hands. My cracks must have been really on her mind because a few minutes later she asked me if my cracks hurt!!!! I couldn't stop laughing! A new name for wrinkles....CRACKS!!!!
MyAngels 09:30 AM 10-07-2011
I made my first sensory bin for my kids today, and as we're getting ready to put it away before lunch my 5 yo picks up the lid and points to the warning label that's there - "this is what you can't do!" he says in all seriousness - "you can't put baby B in the box!"
hoopinglady 08:56 PM 10-08-2011
The children decipher names they don't recognize into words they know.

Nick = Neck
Kendall = Candle

Last week my 3.5 year old was saying "bye Hiccup" My new boy's name is Jacob. hahahaha!
GretasLittleFriends 09:10 PM 10-08-2011
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
The children decipher names they don't recognize into words they know.

Nick = Neck
Kendall = Candle

Last week my 3.5 year old was saying "bye Hiccup" My new boy's name is Jacob. hahahaha!
That's how my dd got her nickname. Her name is Victoria, and one little dcb (2.5) couldn't say that, so he started calling her Tora. She's stuck with it now. Not sure if this is good or bad though. She is 17mos and loves to growl and roar (especially with a particular yellow and purple mitten on her hand ). Found out, fairly recently, that Tora means tiger in Japanese; and was the code word for the attack on Pearl Harbor...
hoopinglady 09:26 PM 10-08-2011
watch out for that girl! That's really cool though, actually...a strong tiger girl! My dd's name is Lydia and nearly all the children watch the program "Oliva" so many of them decipher her name as "Olydia" sheesh.
hoopinglady 12:48 PM 10-13-2011
dcb, 5, says "do you want to touch my eyebrows? they are really soft."

I did and they were.
SilverSabre25 01:44 PM 10-13-2011
My DD calls nostrils, "nose holes" and it cracks me up every time.

DCB 3.5 was wearing a "bire-bire-bire-bire-bider-bider hat" earlier today. Translation: fire fighter hat. Every time he says "fire fighter" these days, he says it that way. Too cute.
KBCsMommy 01:24 PM 10-14-2011
My ds says to other dcb
Ds: " youre tummy is weeely big!"
Dcb: " Yeah, I know just like my daddy!"

Dcd is gonna love that hes an avid runner!!!!!!!!
Country Kids 01:38 PM 10-14-2011
We went for a walk.

DCG-Its chilly out here
DCB-It doesn't smell like chili it smells like...........never finished sentence.
dave4him 08:23 PM 10-14-2011
Went to Cherry Berry with the family this evening. Gave my little Erin my 14 month old, a small sample cup of pumpkin ice cream..... a little while later she was done and we didnt see the cup anywhere.... swabbed her cheek to find a tiny chewed up cup which looked more like used gum such a sweet little princess our girl.
Meyou 05:19 AM 10-18-2011
DCB: We have a super secret hideout!
DCG: Yah! It's super secret!
DCB: And when we're inside we turn into marshmallows! Then we eat each other!
DCG: Don't worry. It's just p'tend! We're not cannonballs! (cannibals)

SilverSabre25 07:55 AM 10-20-2011
Me: "DCB 1...what do you have in your mouth?"
DCB 1: "Um, it's in DCB 2's mouth."
dave4him 01:13 PM 10-26-2011
I just took my twins to their cribs for nap time and said ;even Jesus knew when to take a nap;
KBCsMommy 01:47 PM 10-26-2011
The mom of one of my daycare babies asks me this morning.
" So do you think you could teach her to "meow" like a kitty kat for Halloween?"

Me: "UMMM Sure I guess I could try!!!!!!!"
I could hardly contain myself!!!
Bookworm 05:09 PM 10-26-2011
This story was told to me by the mom of a 4yr old in my class:

Son: Mom, when I'm 99 how old will you be?
Mom: When you are 99, I'll be in heaven waiting for you.
Son: Will you be standing at the door waiting?
Mom: I don't know where I'll be.
Son: So do I have to call before I come?

It was a good thing no one was next to me when I spewed coffee everywhere.
Tags:cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet
1 2 3 4 12  ... Last
Reply Up